Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #43
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
The angle is bad again “of course”… There is something different about the rear, almost looks like the picture has been doctored??? I still like what I see…
It's also missing the bowtie on the rear between the taillamps.
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:43 PM   #44
camaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigralph View Post
Here it is!!!!!!!
It looks awesome!! I don't think I'm getting my cut-out vents on the rear quarter, but other than that it looks great!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:44 PM   #45
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro10 View Post
It's also missing the bowtie on the rear between the taillamps.
I'd stake my life on that being soley because it's a Prototype. All that car is, is what we saw under all that heavy camo. Mr. Lutz just ordered it all off from now on as I understand it.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #46
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
It looks awesome!! I don't think I'm getting my cut-out vents on the rear quarter, but other than that it looks great!
I don't know, there are a lot of people who really like the vents... I'm not sure if they would take those off. You can see the vents on the camo'd prototypes, too.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #47
camaro10

The side marker lights are bigger too, I hope they have the bowtie in them like on the new Malibu. Also the exhaust's are smaller and don't have the straight line at the top, but both of those things are acceptable. One thing I'm not likeing is the way the concept wheels have evolved, they don't look as much like the concept wheels as the new Malibu LS's wheels do.
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #48
camaro10

Just for fu n....
Attached Images

Old 01-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #49
camaro10

No spoiler on the white car, and the valance between the taillamps almost looks concave. Obviously, the pic is fuzzy, but the "C"pillar looks smaller, and The reverse lights look like little ovals cut out on the rear bumper. The concept never had any so I guess they had to put them somewhere, but I would have thought on either side of the licence plate or something like that. My CTS also has the gas door on the passenger side with dual exhausts, so that could be a possibility. I do hope it's on the deck, but not likely. I also like the door handles body color. Helps to hide them. I wonder if the sunroof will still have the reverse mohawk....Just noticed, the bumper also has an extra crease or "lip" just above the black part. On the concept it's flush.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #50
camaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
I don't know, there are a lot of people who really like the vents... I'm not sure if they would take those off. You can see the vents on the camo'd prototypes, too.
you can see intentations, but they are not cut out all the way. at least on the ones I could see.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #51
camaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I'd stake my life on that being soley because it's a Prototype. All that car is, is what we saw under all that heavy camo. Mr. Lutz just ordered it all off from now on as I understand it.
I wouldn't doubt it, but I wouldn't stake my LIFE on it since we saw two on the truck!!
Old 01-03-2008, 07:07 PM   #52
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
I can't wait for this. and for the people that don't like the placement of the onstar/xm antenna would you rather it be off center and to me make the car look lopsided? let the pics start rolling in.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #53
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Just noticed, the bumper also has an extra crease or "lip" just above the black part. On the concept it's flush.
Yeah, I could tell SOMETHING was a little different, but wasn't positive what. Until the comparison image was posted.

I have to say, I actually think I like the Prototype's bumper better than the Concept's.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #54
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
A few thoughts:

A sunroof!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Scott, I'm sending you yet another virgin for that one.

Gas cap - I don't see a side door or the fender-top mounted one like on the concept, so I don't think we can speculate either way for now. I'll be royally pissed if they idiots who don't know how to pump gas right ruin one of the best design features on the car

Antenna - I hope it isn't going to look like that too, but I think it will since that is a standard GM piece. However, I think it would be really easy to craft a BMW-style fin to place over it. Hmm, you could launch a decent aftermarket company that way...

Exhaust - yes they do look smaller and less fancy, little more generic. Kinda sad, but not a big deal. It looks like the whole area down there near the bottom is just less impressive than the concept, but still not bad.

B-pillar - Well done, as we expected. No surprises there.

Mirrors - Yup, the body color does make them look smaller. Good good.

Color - Yes, I do take back every bad thing I ever said about white. The best comment I've seen on it is that this picture makes it look like a Star Wars Stormtrooper's car.

In conclusion - this thing is drop dead sexy. I am even more excited to get one now. Thanks for the New Years gift, everyone at GM. I'm soooo happy!
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:43 PM   #55
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
Exhaust - yes they do look smaller and less fancy, little more generic. Kinda sad, but not a big deal. It looks like the whole area down there near the bottom is just less impressive than the concept, but still not bad.
I just want to comment briefly on this, and it's nothing on you, stovt001. Very nicely put.....I want to say something only because I've read too many posts very similar in fashion, only much, much more rude across other boards in regards to the exaust tips...

It is a prototype: Meant for niether show, nor showroom...testing only. And although it's probably a 50/50 chance whether they stay toned down like that or not - don't look into them too much.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #56
garfin
Resident Disciple

Drives: 2010 CTS-V 6MN '98 Camaro SS (Sold)
I'm thinkin' we're looking at one of the V6 cars here. There is no spoiler and in one of the earlier shots taken of a couple of parked cars under their car covers (next to 2 Mustangs), it was easily discernible that one car had a spoiler while the other did not.
This could also account for there not being any noticeable vents in front of the rear wheels. I have no doubt there will be a number of obvious visual cues differentiating the V6 and the V8 cars.
At this point, I'm thinking that huge congratulations are in order to the entire Camaro team for getting this car to where it is today and for keeping it so true to the Concept! Way t'go guys (and gals)! We're almost there! Keep letting stuff like this trickle out and there will be no problem maintaining interest in this car from here on in until the official unveiling and release to the public!

Best regardSS,

Elie