Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #29
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Huh? Production started 06/06/16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkentect View Post
lol I remember my first comment from my butt
It's called Marketing, but if you want to buy the snake oil they are selling...good luck with that.

The new model deliveries won't be available till mid October / early November.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #30
Smkn600CTD

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 2014 SS Sedan
5th gen trade values tanked.
6th gen pricing gives you a V6 when it was a SS in the 5th gen
The 6th gen is smaller.
The 6th and a c7 pricing difference is not as large as it was before with the 5th gen.
Dealer discounts on the C7 while the 6th gen is being treated by some dealers as gold.
Plus the 2010-2013 5th gen is the best looking of the 5th or 6th gen and why would I want to spend 20k more for 6th gen.

2017's are showing as "in transit" on dealer sites already.
2014 SS Sedan #2577/3537
2013 Camaro 2SS/RS.
2013 Camro ZL1 Vert
2009 Dodge Daytona Charger #332/400
Smkn600CTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:01 PM   #31
CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Black
Muscle Cars are suppose to be great looking cars with big motors that go fast in a straight line and sound great doing it. The 5th gen was revolutionary with its concept design, but stuck to its original roots by giving you the power of the corvette without the handling characteristics. Which helps keep the price down. Chevrolet has clearly built an amazing automobile with the 6th gen. But because they stepped away from what the Camaro is suppose to be and is aiming towards competing with cars that were never made to be in the same class as the Camaro or visa versa, they had to raise their prices, and are drifting away from their core customers. The new SS Camaro has no business putting up better numbers than the last ZL1. They should still have a 2SS fully loaded going for under $40,000 and get rid of all the added crap that spikes the prices. If a customer wants handling, they step up to a 1LE or ZL1 or even a Corvette. If you want a great looking car with a great motor you get the SS. They are offering way more than what people want, and customers aren't willing to pay the extra money for it.

And I also agree with the design flaws. The 14's and 15's were a step in the wrong direction and the 6th gen took it further. I cant say the design hasnt been growing on me (because it has), but they need to think of something fast, because 95% of gen5 owners wont consider trading in for a 6th gen.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:16 PM   #32
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMAROdrivin'BALLplaya View Post
...But because they stepped away from what the Camaro is suppose to be and is aiming towards competing with cars that were never made to be in the same class as the Camaro or visa versa, they had to raise their prices....
I've heard varying ramblings of why the Camaro is approaching double what it was 6 years ago (from people inside GM and out) and they honestly believe 110% of what they are saying.

My favorite was someone telling me that the price of the radio to market had to double because they added blue tooth (an insignificant piece of code and a more insignificant part). You should have seen this guy ramble about what a miracle the technology was.

The truth is that cost of goods sold are lower today than what they were 6-7 years ago. The only single driving force of inflated prices is some bean counter in Marketing believes overall profits will go up based on theoretical supply vs. demand curves. Unfortunate for us but fortunately for share holders, they appear to have been correct, until now.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:21 PM   #33
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
It's called Marketing, but if you want to buy the snake oil they are selling...good luck with that.

The new model deliveries won't be available till mid October / early November.
Sorry boss. VIN numbers don't lie. 1G1FA1RX6H0107507. This is a preferred dealer as well so they generally get new stuff first in this area.
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #34
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Sorry boss. VIN numbers don't lie. 1G1FA1RX6H0107507. This is a preferred dealer as well so they generally get new stuff first in this area.
It is a sales scam to push sales and an accepted practice in the industry, but it is still fake. There were zero tooling changes and won't be for some time until the new models arriving just in time for the holidays.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:03 PM   #35
arkentect

Drives: 2010 Camaro SGM 1LT M6
Quote:
It is a sales scam to push sales and an accepted practice in the industry, but it is still fake. There were zero tooling changes and won't be for some time until the new models arriving just in time for the holidays.
how is the VIN fake?...
arkentect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #36
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
how is the VIN fake?...
The same way this zip code is ocean front property? 77304 (and yes, it is)

Do we really need to get into the psychology of auto sales?
Old 07-22-2016, 03:18 PM   #37
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
I think 90% of Gen6 owners didn't own a 5Gen before. So they just accepted the new look easier than us. For me, I'll probably never let my 5Gen go. Fall in love with this car since 15yo.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:25 PM   #38
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Uh how do you fake a vin ? These cars are scanned and tracked during the whole assembly process. Any handwork or repairs done in house are marked on tracking sheets......so by the time the car goes to line off its totally trackable based on vin alone.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:52 PM   #39
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Uh how do you fake a vin ? These cars are scanned and tracked during the whole assembly process. Any handwork or repairs done in house are marked on tracking sheets......so by the time the car goes to line off its totally trackable based on vin alone.
VIN is 100% legit, apologies if you got lost in the conversation somehow. The idea they are selling you something new, today, right now, that didn't exist yesterday, last week or last month is the lie. ...and their excuse to have yet another 2% price increase.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:16 PM   #40
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Is this another "the sky is falling" post?
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #41
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/RS2010 View Post
Is this another "the sky is falling" post?
Just pent up emotion with no info on pricing like how much for both 1LE's or ZL1's. I hear that the V8 1LE is either 2 seconds faster or slower, not sure which one it is.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #42
91Zman

Drives: '13 1SS/RS IOM white stripes
it's simple....pricing is too damn high...they used to say it's a poor man's corvette....well it's now on par with one in price and most are now deciding to get that corvette instead. I'm definitely not going to pay 50k for a Camaro.
91Zman is offline   Reply With Quote