Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-07-2020, 06:57 AM   #1
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE.
Atlantic Chevrolet, Bay Shore NY Warranty Issue

My ZL1 had a low oil pressure issue that happened on Sunday, May 3rd. I got the car towed and dropped off Monday morning. Today, the aforementioned dealer said that because my car is "modified" they can't address the issue. I am not sure exactly how to post pictures here of my car but look at my Instagram to see what has been done to my car because you can see. I have no modifications that affect performance or drivetrain, not even a cold air intake. An office worker at the dealer stated to me "because the car is modified we can't address that issue." What's my recourse? Thank you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention but you'd see it in my Instagram account. The car only has a cage and race seat.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ

Last edited by gosutag; 05-07-2020 at 07:59 AM.
gosutag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #2
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
what are they saying is "modified" on your car? Are you the original owner?
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

They did not specify what was modified. They only said that the vehicle in its entirety was modified. I'm the original owner.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 05-07-2020, 07:17 AM   #4
appleman22

Drives: 2017 1ss 1le
nope, thats bullshit the magnussen moss warranty act prohibits them from voiding warranty unless they can show that the modifications directly caused the damage. Sounds like you need to call chevrolet corporate and find a better dealer to work with
appleman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:32 AM   #5
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I was at Atlantic a few times in the last couple of years.....early 2019 to look for a Traverse for my lady.....early this year when shopping for a Camaro. Sharks, crooks, rip off dealer. I wouldn't spend someone else's money there!

Find a different dealer to work with. Avoid Smithtown Chevy also, just saying.....
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 06:04 AM   #6
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

I'm currently waiting for GM Corporate to resolve this issue. I called Thursday to make the case and called yesterday for an update. Got in contact with the adviser so I'm expecting a response today. So far allay a week of no car.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 05-11-2020, 12:40 PM   #7
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

UPDATE: I received an update from the GM Corporate rep stating that the Service manager from Atlantic Chevrolet, Vinny thinks that my "ground effects" are aftermarket and they can't work on the car in the lift because they'll crush the ground effects. Also, he stated the cage creates an inconvenience because of his workers having trouble getting into a caged car. So first off, apparently they've never seen a stock ZL1/1LE before and secondly they can't figure out how to get into a caged car. The other issue is I instructed them to not turn on the vehicle because of the lack of oil circulation. The rep told me that the Service manager Vinny attempted to turn the engine over against my advice and it seized. I suppose I'm getting a new engine now. I gave the rep a call so hopefully they'll give me a call back today.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 05-11-2020, 03:28 PM   #8
2SSVERT

Drives: 17 garnet red 2ss vert
You need to get your car out of there immediately, before they do any more damage. Find a dealership that knows what they're doing. I wouldn't let them touch my car after that, They obviously don't know what they are doing.
2SSVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:13 PM   #9
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSVERT View Post
You need to get your car out of there immediately, before they do any more damage. Find a dealership that knows what they're doing. I wouldn't let them touch my car after that, They obviously don't know what they are doing.
That's the plan. I'm on a mission to find a dealership to work on it
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 05-13-2020, 11:19 AM   #10
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

UPDATE: I found a dealership that said they would work on it (Buzz Chew, Southampton) I contacted my GM Warranty adviser Donald the past 3 days and left messages and have not received a callback assisting me in this process.
GM Roadside Assistance is stating that they won't tow my car from one dealership to another dealership because that's GM policy, according to the representative Angela and her supervisor at GM Roadside Assistance. A request to tow the vehicle out has been put in and they stated to me that it'll take 3 to 5 days to process. At this time my car has been sitting in the parking lot since last Monday (5/4/2020) and now it'll be sitting in the parking lot even longer. I still haven't received an update on reimbursement for the initial tow and now they're telling me if I want it towed now that I'll have to pay out of pocket again.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ
Old 05-13-2020, 12:09 PM   #11
Vermillion19SS

Drives: 19 Chevy Camaro SS, 18 VW Tiguan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosutag View Post
UPDATE: I found a dealership that said they would work on it (Buzz Chew, Southampton) I contacted my GM Warranty adviser Donald the past 3 days and left messages and have not received a callback assisting me in this process.
GM Roadside Assistance is stating that they won't tow my car from one dealership to another dealership because that's GM policy, according to the representative Angela and her supervisor at GM Roadside Assistance. A request to tow the vehicle out has been put in and they stated to me that it'll take 3 to 5 days to process. At this time my car has been sitting in the parking lot since last Monday (5/4/2020) and now it'll be sitting in the parking lot even longer. I still haven't received an update on reimbursement for the initial tow and now they're telling me if I want it towed now that I'll have to pay out of pocket again.
Dealership should be responsible. Cite gross negligence and file a complaint. Tell them (after you get your car out of there) you’ll take them to small claims court if they refuse. Might get you somewhere with them, may not. You shouldn’t have to pay a for any of this. Also can’t believe the dealer can’t lift the car and work on it. I’m assuming they sell Camaros and corvettes. My dealer loves when I bring my car in to see what’s new on it lol
Vermillion19SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:18 PM   #12
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Buzz Chew is a good dealership, but one hell of a long drive even from Bayshore!

You could also try Nesenger Chevy 112 in Medford. Considerably closer and they are quite good. Been doing business there for many years. They are quite used to Camaros and Corvettes, they ususally have the best selection of such cars every year. Service guys are knowledgeable and can be trusted.
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleman22 View Post
nope, thats bullshit the magnussen moss warranty act prohibits them from voiding warranty unless they can show that the modifications directly caused the damage. Sounds like you need to call chevrolet corporate and find a better dealer to work with
The mag/moss act refers to standard/oem parts. Not doing a cam and headers and then blowing a cylinder out the side or adding something like a catch can and then an oil pump failing (sounds stupid, but engine warranty claims have been denied for this).

That being said. The modifications he has wouldn't fall under this for his engine. Sounds more like a clueless/lazy dealer. I'd be in there raising hell about them turning the engine over when they were told not to. But that's just me.

Hopefully this gets resolved. I'm with the guy that said file a complaint for negligence. Not sure how far you'd get with it though. Hopefully GM makes this right. Not your fault some idiot there seized your engine.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #14
gosutag
Left Lane Enforcer

UPDATE: I better get reimbursed for both of these tows now. But besides that the car is out of the trash dealership (Atlantic Chevrolet) and brought to Buzz Chew Chevrolet. I spoke to the GM Corporate adviser today but not much came of that as I was at the trash dealership Atlantic Chevrolet when he called so i really wanted to get the car out of there. I spoke to Vinny the abide manager at Atlantic Chevrolet in person and he seemed a bit of a hard ass but he said to me they tried starting the engine and it wouldn't start even though I and the tow company driver made it clear to the service person that processed the car when it was dropped off on Monday, 5/04 that they should not start the car.
I got Bruce at Buzz Chew Chevrolet to look at the car and spoke to him in person and he didn't make any issues with working on the car so that's a good start. He seemed personable to his co-workers and the place looked like a good place. The other workers were kind as well. Only issue that concerned me was that if the engine does end up getting replaced it doesn't get a new warranty. Any one with more info on that? Is that accurate?

Replies: I will be making a huge deal of GM forcing me to pay for my own tows at this point, 2. I have had nothing but headaches dealing with this that I'm hoping it doesn't get worse from here.
I got recommended Buzz Chew by someone so hopefully it works out. I didn't mind the drive if it saves me some issues.
1994 Evo II

Previous Cars:
2017 Camaro SS
2014 Chevy Malibu LTZ