Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2020, 07:46 AM   #1
Cash1333
 
Drives: 850whp Z06, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 6
fuel related check engine light

So I am running into fueling issues it seems and I am not sure what's wrong. Under normal driving everything is fine but with driving hard I get a check engine light. The car would still drive the same, however codes P018B and P069E would pop up. Anyone else had this issue? My car has btr cam, ported snout, ID850, exhaust and pullied, makes 600whp.
Cash1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
JB'sZL1

 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,010
P018B is probably either pressure sensor or pump. All that's left is the FPCM.
JB'sZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 08:58 AM   #3
ZMEnow

 
Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash1333 View Post
So I am running into fueling issues it seems and I am not sure what's wrong. Under normal driving everything is fine but with driving hard I get a check engine light. The car would still drive the same, however codes P018B and P069E would pop up. Anyone else had this issue? My car has btr cam, ported snout, ID850, exhaust and pullied, makes 600whp.

Where's your BAP?
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:05 AM   #4
Juiced1

 
Juiced1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Charles, IL
Posts: 32,554
You might be dropping fuel pressure. I'd get a reading on it and see whats going on. Or it could just be a faulty sensor.
__________________

We carry & install all the hottest brands for your 5th/6gen Camaro. Get awesome deals & install rates! Call or Pm us for your CAMARO5/CAMARO6 discount. 224-63-JUICE or INFO@JUICEDMOTORSPORTS.COM ST CHARLES IL


Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:15 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

 
JANNETTYRACING's Avatar
 
Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ON THE DYNO WATERBURY CT.
Posts: 14,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash1333 View Post
So I am running into fueling issues it seems and I am not sure what's wrong. Under normal driving everything is fine but with driving hard I get a check engine light. The car would still drive the same, however codes P018B and P069E would pop up. Anyone else had this issue? My car has btr cam, ported snout, ID850, exhaust and pullied, makes 600whp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Where's your BAP?
This, your losing fuel pressure big time, Danger Kitty.

Ted.
__________________
www.jannettyracing.com
Celebrating 34 years Performance parts, Installation, Fabrication, Dyno tuning, Remote custom tuning, and alignments. 203-753-7223 Waterbury CT. 06705
email tedj@jannettyracing.com
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:23 AM   #6
Cash1333
 
Drives: 850whp Z06, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 6
I do not have one, I've honestly haven't looked into it due to putting all my time into my Z06. And I bought the car a year ago with how it is, and rarely drove it hard. But good to know to add a BAP.
Cash1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #7
ZMEnow

 
Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash1333 View Post
I do not have one, I've honestly haven't looked into it due to putting all my time into my Z06. And I bought the car a year ago with how it is, and rarely drove it hard. But good to know to add a BAP.

Lean on Fuel, go boom. With the 850's you cant come close to holding 65psi on the rail. Someone took the cheap route in that build. Order one up from Ted..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:17 PM   #8
Cash1333
 
Drives: 850whp Z06, 2014 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Lean on Fuel, go boom. With the 850's you cant come close to holding 65psi on the rail. Someone took the cheap route in that build. Order one up from Ted..
Yea ive decided to go flex fuel all together, so FIC 127lb injectors, flex fuel kit and dsx aux pump kit. So that should take care of the fueling issues all together.
__________________
C6 Z06 850whp
14 Zl1 600whp
Cash1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 10:28 PM   #9
beersngars
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Ohio
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash1333 View Post
Yea ive decided to go flex fuel all together, so FIC 127lb injectors, flex fuel kit and dsx aux pump kit. So that should take care of the fueling issues all together.
Good call on the DSX fuel system over a BAP. Happy with mine.
__________________
Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers, Cats deleted, Lingenfelter CAI, Lingenfelter harmonic balancer with 8.25 pulley, Lingenfelter 10 bolt hub with 2.55 pulley, solid isolator, 160 thermostat, ID1300 injectors, RotoFab SC reservoir, DSX Fuel system, DSX Flex sensor, Cam and PAC kit with titanium retainers, Trunnion upgraded to bushings, Katech timing set, Melling oil pump, Moroso catch can, Anvil Auto spoiler
beersngars is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.