Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #15
0331Marine

Drives: 2012 SS/RS MN6
Mine was a very small crack in the boot on the plug. It wasn't visible unless I bent the boot.
0331Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #16
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331Marine View Post
Mine was a very small crack in the boot on the plug. It wasn't visible unless I bent the boot.
Thanks, just ordered new plugs and wires. , fingers crossed.
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 06:41 PM   #17
bayarea408

Drives: 10' 2SS RS L99
i have heard of cars breaking up at higher RPM's a few ways. The Spark Plug is Damaged, the Gap is off, the white porcelain part the boot taps on can sometimes crack, burned plug wires " this happened to me" car broke up past 4500 EVERY time. Some folks who make custom plug wires dont use that spacer bracket that keeps them all from touching eachother, when they custom wires or wires touch it causes arcing that breaks up usually up top.

The last way i have seen and i have seen this on cars with SUPER AGRESSIVE exhausts, it can be soo aggressive that it shakes and causes a faulty trigger of the knock sensors. This seems to happen on REALLY loud cars and Hellcats.

I dont REALLY know what you got going on, but off the top of my head these are scenario's i have seen. hope it helps, let us know what happens.

Or you have a bad tank of gas.... throw a bottle or torco or boostane in it and see if it stops.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #18
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea408 View Post
i have heard of cars breaking up at higher RPM's a few ways. The Spark Plug is Damaged, the Gap is off, the white porcelain part the boot taps on can sometimes crack, burned plug wires " this happened to me" car broke up past 4500 EVERY time. Some folks who make custom plug wires dont use that spacer bracket that keeps them all from touching eachother, when they custom wires or wires touch it causes arcing that breaks up usually up top.

The last way i have seen and i have seen this on cars with SUPER AGRESSIVE exhausts, it can be soo aggressive that it shakes and causes a faulty trigger of the knock sensors. This seems to happen on REALLY loud cars and Hellcats.

I dont REALLY know what you got going on, but off the top of my head these are scenario's i have seen. hope it helps, let us know what happens.

Or you have a bad tank of gas.... throw a bottle or torco or boostane in it and see if it stops.
Thanks for the advice, I've got some torco laying around , I'll give it a try. And I'll post the results once I get to the bottom of it
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote