Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #99
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
Extra $150 for a v8 and another $100 extra on insurance I could afford it but to spend that on a weekend car didn't make sense to me.
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #100
Bad70supreme

Drives: 2010 aqua blue SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOLIE View Post
Might be a good time to walk away
O really, please explain? Cool facter because its not something you see everyday. My point, as long as he dont go around beating his chest saying he smokes big blocks it all good. Anything can be built fast with enough money, but nothing sounds like or has the history of the V8 and v8s are a big part of what made American muscle!
Old 09-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #101
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Won't this debate ever go away? Just be happy with what you bought and if you are not buy something else. Problem solved.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #102
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Won't this debate ever go away? Just be happy with what you bought and if you are not buy something else. Problem solved.
This.

My guy has an SS. He's driven mine and I've driven his. He said my car is a "great car" and he enjoys driving it and has commented on how impressed he was with the power. He thought it would be a huge difference-- that the V6 was a dog-- but he was wrong and after driving it he admitted it. To him, he said the biggest difference was the brakes. I got a free set of Brembos so I'll be fixing that

Most people who hate on the V6 have never driven it, so I just laugh at them and move along. It's easy to talk smack when you're uneducated and have never been behind the wheel of our little monsters. My car is bad ass, and if you don't like it, I really don't care. I used to get bent all out of shape by the "should have got a V8" stuff but I just think it's funny now. If you measure a person by what kind of car they drive, or you need a certain kind of car to feel important.. you've got much bigger issues.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM   #103
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Should have got a V10
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #104
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
I heard there was a 48 cylinder motorcycle engine...guess us v6 and v8 owners "should've got a v48" lol
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #105
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
This.

My guy has an SS. He's driven mine and I've driven his. He said my car is a "great car" and he enjoys driving it and has commented on how impressed he was with the power. He thought it would be a huge difference-- that the V6 was a dog-- but he was wrong and after driving it he admitted it. To him, he said the biggest difference was the brakes. I got a free set of Brembos so I'll be fixing that

Most people who hate on the V6 have never driven it, so I just laugh at them and move along. It's easy to talk smack when you're uneducated and have never been behind the wheel of our little monsters. My car is bad ass, and if you don't like it, I really don't care. I used to get bent all out of shape by the "should have got a V8" stuff but I just think it's funny now. If you measure a person by what kind of car they drive, or you need a certain kind of car to feel important.. you've got much bigger issues.
The V6 brakes faster than the SS...just saying...
Yes I will too change mine to SS when brakes are due....
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #106
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Can't we just all get along? Ive had both the v6 and v8 models and guess what? both models were kick ass
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #107
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Just take one example...torque wins races. If that was all there was to it them my truck (420 ft-lb) could keep up with a LS3 equipped SS Camaro. The overall point is these are just a bunch of generalizations and pat sayings that don't really mean anything. The number of cylinders just doesn't mean much anymore. If it did, we'd all be screaming for V16s. Displacement doesn't trump technology, or the SS would destroy the 5.0.
I never said displacement trumps technology. I said you can't replace it. Sure, a new V6 makes the same hp as a 10 year old LS1 V8 due to tech. But let's not forget that although the new V6 makes more hp than an LS1, the LS1 makes about 60 more ft lbs of torque. And an 02 SS will run a low 13. Heck, there are LS1 engines out there making around 500 RWHP N/A with very streetable combinations. I only mentioned the LS1 as an example. Compare the new V6 to the LS3 and give them both the same technology and the LS3 will make more power...due to the size advantage.

As far as the SS vs the Coyote. The Coyote is a lighter car with numerically higher rear gear ratios. And even at that it still runs a 13 flat just like the SS. Make the Camaro the same weight and give it 3.73s and see what happens. Just throwing that out there.

You can't just totally dismiss engine size and those 2 extra cylinders. For example, the 6.2 can make well over 600 RWHP with just 10 lbs of boost. If you think the extra displacement and cylinders have nothing to do with that then I don't know what else to say...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #108
doomsdayjesus081

Drives: VR 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Here is my take on this and yes I chose to buy a v8. I will never understand why people don't respect each other. The thing people seem to glaze over is the fact that the v6 crowd is doing a great service for the hotrod community in general. The current overhead valve v8 engine design will not be around forever. There will be a shift toward a direct injection v8 similar to the v6 soon, quite possibly as soon as the sixth gen camaro rolls out. The v6 community generating a demand for mods and tuning solutions will make it easier for people to mod the new cars as opposed to having to wait years for the aftermarket to catch up. Also at the end of the day we all own gm cars which can all be modded. We don't have any bs like what chrysler is now doing in new cars. If you didn't know 2011 and on chryslers have revolving code in the ecu and can't be tuned for mods because of this. The only way to tune these is to swap in an older ecu that will not control all functions of the car properly. This naysayer bs is not just to v6 vs. v8 though, it pops up for manual vs. automatic transmission, and quite honestly anytime somebody asks questions about getting to 1000hp or higher. Bottom line v6's are up to 500hp as most recent as I have seen and v8's are up to well over 1500hp. I don't think this is the end either, I think these numbers will continue to go up as long as there is a demand and a desire.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #109
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayjesus081 View Post
Here is my take on this and yes I chose to buy a v8. I will never understand why people don't respect each other. The thing people seem to glaze over is the fact that the v6 crowd is doing a great service for the hotrod community in general. The current overhead valve v8 engine design will not be around forever. There will be a shift toward a direct injection v8 similar to the v6 soon, quite possibly as soon as the sixth gen camaro rolls out. The v6 community generating a demand for mods and tuning solutions will make it easier for people to mod the new cars as opposed to having to wait years for the aftermarket to catch up. Also at the end of the day we all own gm cars which can all be modded. We don't have any bs like what chrysler is now doing in new cars. If you didn't know 2011 and on chryslers have revolving code in the ecu and can't be tuned for mods because of this. The only way to tune these is to swap in an older ecu that will not control all functions of the car properly. This naysayer bs is not just to v6 vs. v8 though, it pops up for manual vs. automatic transmission, and quite honestly anytime somebody asks questions about getting to 1000hp or higher. Bottom line v6's are up to 500hp as most recent as I have seen and v8's are up to well over 1500hp. I don't think this is the end either, I think these numbers will continue to go up as long as there is a demand and a desire.
So basically Chrysler is trying to kill the aftermarket and the hobby of modding cars. If that's the case then they should just stop making performance vehicles all together. Hot rodding and modifying cars is what made these cars popular in the first place. And it's a part of American heritage. What's next? Is Chrysler gonna stop recognizing the 4th of July...??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 PM   #110
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So basically Chrysler is trying to kill the aftermarket and the hobby of modding cars. If that's the case then they should just stop making performance vehicles all together. Hot rodding and modifying cars is what made these cars popular in the first place. And it's a part of American heritage. What's next? Is Chrysler gonna stop recognizing the 4th of July...??
THOSE BASTARDS!!
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote