Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2016, 08:47 PM   #15
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
Sources of Voltage issues (or any electrical issues for that matter) vary widely. I personally experience them when I dyno and perform Audio/lighting/electrical work (every single time). To protect the electrical system and components, I will always reset the vehicle (if I haven't disconnected the battery already) for a minimum of 15 minutes though has taken up to an hour.
What I have described is no electrical issue and most definitely a software issue.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:20 PM   #16
d454brisson

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Mine did similar thing, pulled over to check an email, let car idle, radio died. Restarted car twice nothing. Drove to gas station, turned car off while i searched for manual with radio fuse location.

Restarted and radio rebooted.

Only possible is I removed the ground and and retorque it during header install.

DB
d454brisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 10:26 AM   #17
YELlow6cyl

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2013
I have a 2013 2ls Camaro bought 2/23/13 , has 18,000 on it now . Several years ago radio started shutting off with a pop , while off audible alerts such as seat belt , turn signal , door ajar did not work . Radio does not come on when I start the car , does not stay on after turning off , should stay on till you open the door . Comes on after a delay , back out of driveway turning wheel to the left , put in drive and radio shuts off after wheel turned to go straight , Usually comes on after driving 300 feet or so . Drive short distances to store , come out and radio may of may not come on . Tried removing air bag and unclipping connectors for radio controls on steering wheel , did not help . Took the car to dealer , warranty has expired , told them radio shuts off and told them what else does not work when the radio is OFF . Charged me $150 to check radio and another $150 to check other stuff !! Recently discovered XM Sririus trial broadcast works when AM , FM are not working . Dealer said radio controls all the other stuff , I am leary of paying $900 for a radio to discover there is a wiring problem . I know this is a somewhat frequent problem , are there any known fixes ?
YELlow6cyl is offline   Reply With Quote