Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #29
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
my favorite
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #30
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Rotofab is our go-to brand, love it!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Rotofab.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
Rockhound

Drives: 2012 2SS L99
R2C ......Great intake, Good value! ;
(Sorry.....I didn't realize I was in the ZLI forum)
Attached Images

Last edited by Rockhound; 09-12-2013 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Screwed up!
Rockhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:26 PM   #33
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaBeast View Post
If i decide later to tune...Can you do a tune on the Roto Fab later and get more HP? Has anyone done this?
I tell guys to set the car up the way you want it, then bring it to me for calibration. that will save you money in the long run for Re-tunes.

Phil
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 PM   #34
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
I attended SEMA this year. I went to a GM representative and asked if they were planning on developing a CAI for the ZL1. I was told no way. I asked why, as I'm sure that there are others like myself that would love to purchase an OEM CAI. He said there was no business case to build a CAI kit for the ZL1 as it was too low of production. Curious, how may Z28s does Chevrolet plan on selling? Pretty safe bet it will be fewer than the ZL1, yet there will be a factory CAI on the Z28. Just saying.

Short of a GM CAI, I would choose the Rotofab. Many ZL1 owners have posted time and again that it is an easy install, high quality and looks & sounds great. It is on my to do list (hopefully in 2014).
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #35
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
roto fab-ulous had it on my SS now on my ZL-1
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #36
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
We just released our CAI for this ZL1 a few months ago and already have many people on this forum running them, and many dealers using them in their power packages. So far we have heard of zero issues, and gains that have been reported to us from various Dynos have been at or above what we publicized. Our CAI for the ZL1 requires no tune, it fits excellent, and it will net you some serious gains in HP & TQ, not to mention your Supercharger will whine like never before!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #37
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC ZL1 View Post
I attended SEMA this year. I went to a GM representative and asked if they were planning on developing a CAI for the ZL1. I was told no way. I asked why, as I'm sure that there are others like myself that would love to purchase an OEM CAI. He said there was no business case to build a CAI kit for the ZL1 as it was too low of production. Curious, how may Z28s does Chevrolet plan on selling? Pretty safe bet it will be fewer than the ZL1, yet there will be a factory CAI on the Z28. Just saying.

Short of a GM CAI, I would choose the Rotofab. Many ZL1 owners have posted time and again that it is an easy install, high quality and looks & sounds great. It is on my to do list (hopefully in 2014).
The Roto-Fab system is a nice set up, but if you took a close look at some of the GM SEMA vehicles you might have noticed that that they were using CAI Inc intakes on the Sonic and Regal Turbo. It looks like they are having them do their Crate Motor CAI conversions too. They also used CAI Inc systems on a couple of their SEMA vehicles last year. GM may not offer an in house designed system but when they upgrade the intake system on their show cars they seem to be fond of the CAI Inc systems designed by one of their former engineers. Just some food for thought.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #38
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
I would have to say IMO Roto-Fab! It made crazy power gains without a tune! And is working amazing with my other mods now!
camarovigoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #39
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
I would say the Roto-Fab is pretty awesome. Especially if no tune is needed if you're worried about your warranty.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #40
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
I don't get it.

I am really confused, alot of you guys pick roto fab, yet the CAI intake developed more HP without a tune and really went nuts with the ADM scoop.

So what is it that I'm missing?
Don't get me wrong everyone has their own taste, but if we are looking for more power and a super clean set up, doesn't the 'CAI' unit win easily

Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #41
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
RATIONAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
I am really confused, alot of you guys pick roto fab, yet the CAI intake developed more HP without a tune and really went nuts with the ADM scoop.

So what is it that I'm missing?
Don't get me wrong everyone has their own taste, but if we are looking for more power and a super clean set up, doesn't the 'CAI' unit win easily

Jim
jim you're thinking too rational here therefore people will not listen. they'd rather accept a lie because everone's doing it. i put a 34.00 drop in k&n air filter in my 2013 zl1. when tested along with another a6 with a roto fab at torq in miami fl it made the same power. want evidence? call paul (owner/dyno tester 877-870-8677) i like the factory look and i dont care to hear more blower wine. in the end my a6 made 600rwhp and 650rwtq on a mustang dyno. need evidence? go to torq web site and see randall's zl1 for dyno run and numbers. note: if i bought an air intake it would be the cai unit because to me it looks much neater/factory.
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #42
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
jim you're thinking too rational here therefore people will not listen. they'd rather accept a lie because everone's doing it. i put a 34.00 drop in k&n air filter in my 2013 zl1. when tested along with another a6 with a roto fab at torq in miami fl it made the same power. want evidence? call paul (owner/dyno tester 877-870-8677) i like the factory look and i dont care to hear more blower wine. in the end my a6 made 600rwhp and 650rwtq on a mustang dyno. need evidence? go to torq web site and see randall's zl1 for dyno run and numbers. note: if i bought an air intake it would be the cai unit because to me it looks much neater/factory.
What else is done to the car to put down those numbers? BTW, it's not just Roto-Fab testing their intake and getting anywhere from 20-25 RWHP increases, it has been independent shops without a dog in the hunt. Anyone else jump in here?

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote