Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #1079
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Well, I wondered what that voice in my head was I think the 427 is the way I will go especially since it is in the budget so to speak. I just like knowing that the bottom end will be bullet proof. Oh and 427 does kinda sound cool.
Oh yeah...there's going to be a 427 in the house !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
talk to jeff this week{tpe} and knowing how he loves rides taken to another level. prepared him for 45 pages..{lol}..glad he took the time ...
Thx Mike. Means a lot coming from someone entrenched in the industry and right down the road from SEMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I just want to spooge on the fender as I walk by..bruce...lol Happy Holidays to you and yours. Larry
Ha, ha. Now you stay away from the dual fill nozzles. I don't trust you around those...Enjoy the craziness known as Harry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
I like this
Speedster... I love your shiny things!
I like your....things too !! (shh, don't tell Ed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
I'm with you on this one. I came from the "corvette society" where people's money went to their cars and their heads. I sold a supercharged corvette and got a camaro. After driving out to the Fest with my father and meeting all the "camaro society" we felt at home. One of the camaro engineers ask me, what if I break something on the car drag racing it at the fest being all the way from Texas? I simply said I would fix it and drive it home. He said that's what he loves about camaro guys. Drive it and enjoy it every chance you have. Your boy will always remember the time you spend with him in it. Congrats on an awesome build!
Thanks a bunch! The members have a good time here and really enjoy the site. ...And as you noted, they DRIVE their cars. The comraderie is second to none and most of the people here would give you the shirt off their back and a helping hand when you need it. If you break something at next Fest, we'd chip in and help you fix it or get you a lift where you need to go. I'm pretty sure the GM guys we spoke with at C5Fest1 would too. Glad you went too. This is a pretty special group. Scott S. had it right - living the Camaro lifestyle.

P.S. Nice set of wheels on your Camaro. Looks good in the Avatar.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #1080
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
((Power steering reservoir had to be relocated so a billet one was designed and CNC'd))

That one line alone blows me away!! Your details are everyone else's major undertakings. I so want to see this bad boy once it is ready to destroy pavement.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:33 PM   #1081
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
.....thought I felt an earthquake .....

or was that your car?
Old 12-15-2010, 04:05 PM   #1082
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
((Power steering reservoir had to be relocated so a billet one was designed and CNC'd))

That one line alone blows me away!! Your details are everyone else's major undertakings. I so want to see this bad boy once it is ready to destroy pavement.
Well Thanks for the vote of confidence... It's not that we are lazy (e.g. move the stock reservoir) it's just more fun to design some new stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
.....thought I felt an earthquake .....

or was that your car?
Ha, ha. I FARTED !!!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #1083
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Insignificant ? Not a chance. Just between you, GTA, DE, Dr. Jekl and the SST we'd have 3,500 - 4,000 HP going down the road on a leisurely southeast cruise...
Can I play, I'm hoping for between 850 and 1000 HP on the ground...LS-9, the Twins girls, and lots of other goodies...That would put us up to 4500 - 5000 HP, with six cars... and Kyle G. will be there 700-800, and Firefighter 1,- 650 and Camaro 21- 650ish, jeeze, I need a calculator... dang, thas some serious horse pressure...

And if you guys are driving, Please go to the Texas sub-forum and look for the sticky, Texans and Friends East... We already have folks from as far away as Va coming into the Dallas area, and folks coming into the Houston area.
The Folks in Dallas will hook up with the locals and head west on 20, the houston folks will hook up with the ones coming from the Southeast, and head to San Antonio, and from there, we will head west on IH 10 and meet up with the Dallas gang and head on into Los Cruces. We have a hotel there and it will be a huge start to the Fest with a mini pre-Fest Fest... We already have well over 60 peeps signed up...Everyone is welcome...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #1084
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Can I play, I'm hoping for between 850 and 1000 HP on the ground...LS-9, the Twins girls, and lots of other goodies...That would put us up to 4500 - 5000 HP, with six cars... and Kyle G. will be there 700-800, and Firefighter 1,- 650 and Camaro 21- 650ish, jeeze, I need a calculator... dang, thas some serious horse pressure...

And if you guys are driving, Please go to the Texas sub-forum and look for the sticky, Texans and Friends East... We already have folks from as far away as Va coming into the Dallas area, and folks coming into the Houston area.
The Folks in Dallas will hook up with the locals and head west on 20, the houston folks will hook up with the ones coming from the Southeast, and head to San Antonio, and from there, we will head west on IH 10 and meet up with the Dallas gang and head on into Los Cruces. We have a hotel there and it will be a huge start to the Fest with a mini pre-Fest Fest... We already have well over 60 peeps signed up...Everyone is welcome...

Sounds great. Thanks for the invite. I am not sure about a bunch of the other SE guys, but I will either drive down from North Los Angeles or stick it on a truck from home here in FL.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #1085
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I happened to notice today that SST is added to The C5F II.
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #1086
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I happened to notice today that SST is added to The C5F II.
Yeah, we snuck it in when Garcmol started listing C5FestII drivers... We are all gonna have a blast.
The streets of Chandler will be alive for a few days.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:44 PM   #1087
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Yeah, we snuck it in when Garcmol started listing C5FestII drivers... We are all gonna have a blast.
alive.... mutilated.... same difference I guess....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #1088
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:

Oh man... now I need to find a way to get to Phoenix in April. This I must see/hear!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #1089
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Oh man... now I need to find a way to get to Phoenix in April. This I must see/hear!
I thought that was a given.... lol
Old 12-15-2010, 05:11 PM   #1090
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
I don't see you signed up for a road course session.

Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #1091
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
I don't see you signed up for a road course session.

Thanks Merc.

I completely missed that one... Should be fun. Just turn the boost down low.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:27 PM   #1092
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I thought that was a given.... lol

I actually wasn't planning to come to C5FII. It's so far from Ohio. Also, there's no way hubby would drive out there in my Camaro with our dog (we will not board our dog). I might be able to convince him to come out there in our RV-van camper and we could stay at a local campground. But, it's so far! Also, he is totally NOT into cars. He's so weird that way.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo