Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #57
Gordo-D

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Here in the UK its slightly similar, where the majority of cars at a show are old British tin then they tend to look down on us a little, whether its the SS or my old Trans Am. At US car shows only its mainly the new stuff that gets the criticism, quotes are like "who wants to see rows of almost brand new cars".
Its not like you see Camaro's here everyday, its mainly Mustangs that get the digs as there's so many, especially now with the right hand drive cars.
People actually say to me they are not real American cars as the steering wheel is on the wrong side, I just reply with, "tell me where it's built" and when I tell them some still don't believe me.
Gordo-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 02:13 PM   #58
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i was actually a judge at an event that hosted several classes of cars.it was done by decade with classes for corvettes,mustangs,and by major brand.some cars lost out on points due to wavy bodywork,shoddy interiors,etc but what i remember the most was judging two 60s mustangs that appeared equally nice.had to run my finger under the dashboard looking for dirt,and found it on one of them.the life of a car show judge aint all roses if its taken seriously and not "which one of these guys am i buddies with?"
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:20 PM   #59
Kajun

Drives: 2013 1SS L99
I go to some shows, but I'll take either the 442 or the SS. I just doesn't matter to me. I'm there to donate money. Usually the proceeds goes to a good cause. (Cancer, Local PD or some other charity) So I don't mind paying $20 to enter, paying another $20 for a T-shirt and blowing money on food and drinks. I'm there to support a good cause and hang out with friends. Some people just don't have any perspective in life. It's not about the trophy.
2013 1SS/RS L99-GPI VVT SS1 - TSP 1 7/8 headers with Borla Touring exhaust - ESS Tuning YSI V7 - Fore Innovations Dual pump fuel system - 1" BMR lowering springs - BMR toe rods and trailing arms - Prothane rear cradle bushings - Yank 3400 Stall -
Kajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:32 PM   #60
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajun View Post
I go to some shows, but I'll take either the 442 or the SS. I just doesn't matter to me. I'm there to donate money. Usually the proceeds goes to a good cause. (Cancer, Local PD or some other charity) So I don't mind paying $20 to enter, paying another $20 for a T-shirt and blowing money on food and drinks. I'm there to support a good cause and hang out with friends. Some people just don't have any perspective in life. It's not about the trophy.
Maybe it’s just the heavy opioids but I think many are saying that it’s not the trophy for them either. Even if they show up with a big heart, wallet and good intentions, some of that gets lost when others look down their noses at a 5th Gen Camaro at the ‘wrong’ show.

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 09-19-2019 at 09:47 PM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:44 PM   #61
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
And I might also say that, obviously, the 1st Gen would still exist without the 5th, but the previous Gens might not enjoy the same level of enthusiasm without the continuing lineage. But that’s probably up for debate.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:54 PM   #62
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
I too have been participating in car shows for decades, and have had some people complain when I win a Best Camaro trophy and it beats theirs. "The car is brand new, it shouldn't qualify." My response is "Well, it's now 5 years old, and it's so clean inside, outside, under the hood and underneath that you can eat off it." And it really is. I'm polishing the aluminum engine. Their response is "oh, i thought it was new. But still..."
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:51 AM   #63
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Haters will hate. Nothing you can do about it. I bring my beautiful 2011 convertible to shows because it's clean and nearly perfect. Sadly, many are not and have been driven hard and their owners don't care about the body. Anyway, some shows clearly state "25 years or older." Fine, I will then adhere to the rules. But usually "cruise nights" are open to any car from any year. The smartest way is to have categories if trophies are to be given out. I have heard the same thing from the "antique" owners who were pissed that someone brought a 1969 "hot rod" to their "antique" car show. See, you just can't win. lol.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 11:55 AM   #64
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Just go with what the car show flyers say..and should be no problems..I usually like to take one of my old cars and one of my new cars to events. (Best of both worlds)most of the smaller car shows are for charity events and just people getting along.
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 03:10 AM   #65
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Going to a car show and seeing new stock cars or stock cars with painted engine covers and chrome caps on everything is extremely boring.
Kinda like 1000hp is meh at best anymore.

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 08:36 AM   #66
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
When I go and I rarely do its not to show particularly off my Camaro, and its just coincidental that people apparently want to take selfies with their friends/ wedding parties with my car.

I have over many decades restored lots of old Chevy's and they have been sold to others who can appreciate them I hope, No one talks crap to me ever at a car show, and I may even pay the fee but won't hang around it depends on the show and the cause.

I have more invested in my engine than some people have in their whole car at some shows and they don't seem to care if their car is not perfect or what ever, Posers are like a holes and everyone has one, Me I am a daily driver. SO when the perfect club is there with their trailer queens and never saw rain money pits …..Hey things came form some where, everything was stock at one time, and if your car is like everyone else's life would be so boring.....

I still get people shouting their approvals of my choice in car, I still love the rumble and decel popping and the car is obviously cammed to those that listen, so if they don't have a set of tires and wheels that cost 3 grand on their 65 Impala rust mobile......and their whole car may be worth that, oh well, I have been there and done that; and if they pay attention I may have a sheet of paper I put under the windshield wiper if I even make the effort showing what modifications I have done.

Because I am not making up photo poster board to sit by my Car to go to old timer events to sit all day and polish something I may put a thousand miles on a year if that...I am too busy living life and having fun.

Haters are gonna hate, at the best car shows there are classifications for newer cars, and yup just visuals mods are Punk's IMO, but hey someone else can mod them down the road as that's the fact jack...….. They don't always stay stock from 1967 to show off stockness….but also Chrome don't get you home.

Taste is subjective, and only having a unmodified stock Camaro I would never put my car in a show ever because it would have to be a 60's survivor, being a Ahole is not subjective though and we all have lots to look forward to as the Camaro name lives on eventually, so do onlookers who love any generation of what ever be it Rustang or Matador.... And if someone does not look my Cars way they better stay out of the way on the road MF...… Damn F tard's get in the slow lane..... that's of course all IMO...… Lead follow or get the hell out of the way...…… I am Infantry follow me.

Yes I do occasionally go to a show and see some guy whose new Corvette is completely stock or what ever and if they want to go there that's cool because I like them all, prejudice is subjective...I may not like a Hot rodded Pinto , they may not like a PHAT Camaro that's too new for their taste.

But I keep my comments to my wife or myself ;unless its a complement because being polite is something people are not enough now for they all are Bloggin, Intranet connected wankers so Fuggin self absorbed they would walk into a vat of acid staring at their phone...…..who think they can just crap and walk away from their own stench.....( BIG CITY LIVIN)…..

But they can truly never walk away from their own stench and have trouble making real friends now imagine that...……

Fixin rude, stupid,criminal etc well its a living for some of us at the State Pen workin for a living fighting against the ignorance and against liberal BS PC up crap that's making the world..stare at its Phone because even talking to another person is too intimate..How F'ed up is that and damn down right disrespectful...… Funny how PC applies to both politically correct and personal computer.... and AOC = Adult out of custody or Alexandia Ocassio Cortez ………. Have a happy Saturday! LOL

Last edited by christianchevell; 09-21-2019 at 08:52 AM.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:35 AM   #67
Rob10CamaroSS

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Redline Phase 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajun View Post

Exactly what Me and The Car Club do, as long as it's a good cause we're there.

To be honest the best show I think we ever did was a Senior Living Facility where they rolled, walked, and carried the people out to our cars.
It was probably the best day at any show we ever had. Everyone had a story about there old GTO, Camaro, Chevelle, Mustang, etc... and they were awesome to talk to. Hell they fed us breakfast, Lunch, and then late afternoon they made us all Root beer Floats. We raised a lot of money for the facility and they were very grateful.

In these pics it's hard to tell who the club members are and who lives in the the facility. I'm no spring chicken myself, LOL....
PS They loved my shirt so much they made me pose with my old Camaro for a pic, baw ha ha ha
Attached Images

Rob10CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:30 AM   #68
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Sorry I'm advanced lol

But..... Aren't car shows for like older guys and gals. With that being said all I ever got when going to car meets and shows is negativity. So I stopped going. I guess us younger people are not allowed to go around these parts. Lol
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #69
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Some people take those shows WAY too serious ...I try n go to have fun and enjoy the variety.....n love looking at the More money than sense cars !!!
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #70
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Sorry I'm advanced lol

But..... Aren't car shows for like older guys and gals. With that being said all I ever got when going to car meets and shows is negativity. So I stopped going. I guess us younger people are not allowed to go around these parts. Lol
odd..when i see a young person showing their honda or whatever i make a point to go look at it and find something i like..i.e. nice wheels,good color,etc.some of those younger guys love their rides and spend as much time and effort on them as we do.i notice a lot of them will come by and check out my mostly stock camaro.worst comes to worst i have made a friend.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote