Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
R3VoLuTioN

Drives: 2011 1SS RS Synergy
Maryland Speed. Having yet another bad experience.

Ordered and paid for an ARP head stud kit, speedbleeder and clutch line back on November 24th and it's still in order processing status without shipment. All parts are readily available from the suppliers. Each time I contact them I get another story that they are a few days out. These are off the shelf parts and not custom or special order by any means.

I had another not ideal experience with Maryland Speed back in April when it took nearly 2 months to receive ID injectors I ordered. Once this was resolved thinking it was a fluke I decided to give them another chance.

Back in 2016 I ordered a Corsa Exhaust system and had a great experience with fast shipping and good prices. Based on that experience i've looked to Maryland Speed for part purchases but don't think I can going forward.

Very frustrating!

Last edited by R3VoLuTioN; 01-09-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
Have they contacted you because I know someone from there company looked at the thread yesterday

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
Old 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM   #3
R3VoLuTioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by saluki View Post
Have they contacted you because I know someone from there company looked at the thread yesterday
No contact yet.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #4
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
I called. No Answer within an hour of it being posted.

Bottom line is, it is waiting on the bolts to come in to a supplier. I am sorry for the delay. However before any discounts we are cheaper than summit by over $65. After his discount we are near $100 cheaper. Because of that, we have to reply on one supplier that gives us a deal, and they were out. I am sorry for the delay, but that is the answer.
Old 01-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
R3VoLuTioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
I called. No Answer within an hour of it being posted.

Bottom line is, it is waiting on the bolts to come in to a supplier. I am sorry for the delay. However before any discounts we are cheaper than summit by over $65. After his discount we are near $100 cheaper. Because of that, we have to reply on one supplier that gives us a deal, and they were out. I am sorry for the delay, but that is the answer.
I did not receive a call. I can PM you my number to make sure you have a proper contact.

The issue extends beyond the delay which might have been better received had someone taken the time to fully explain it to me. I understood that it wouldn't be the quickest way to get the parts but this has extended beyond my lowest expectations. I have been told time and time again that the parts are a few days out from shipping or that I'll be contacted within 24hrs about it and left hanging. The responses i've received are lacking transparency, or are potentially outright dishonest. If you could provide a realistic date to expect shipment that would be appreciated. If the studs won't be in stock in the near term I think it would be reasonable that a cancellation be offered.

As someone who has spent thousands at Maryland Speed, I don't feel my business is appreciated based on our exchanges. Based on the other threads here, reviews elsewhere, and the BBB rating I don't think I'm alone on this.

Last edited by R3VoLuTioN; 01-10-2018 at 04:13 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:09 PM   #6
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
I feel your pain, I ordered a set of valve springs on November 26 and they still haven't been shipped. I have emailed them twice and got the same answer about them shipping in a few days. Then I finally called this week and they didn't seem to concerned. He even told me that they wont put as much stuff on sale next year to avoid all the delays. They didn't even want my order number and just said they would ship mid week. Guess what? Still no shipping confirmation. A friend of mine ordered some exhaust parts on black Friday and still hasn't received anything and when he called he got the same run around. This Is the last time I will do business with Maryland speed.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:46 AM   #7
bleavens1962

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Trying to figure out why they are still a vendor here...Guess its more about the money than it is about the forum members
Old 01-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #8
R3VoLuTioN

After PMing Maryland Speed my number I did get a phone call and spoke with Brandon. I was given his word that it would ship out next week. I'll keep everyone updated if they follow through.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #9
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
Maybe we should all leave feedback on Maryland speeds trader rating, it shows 90 percent mostly based on reviews from years ago. I googled thier reviews and I now feel that this is partly my fault for not researching who I was doing business with before hand. If their trader rating fell way down it might scare some more people off
Old 01-12-2018, 06:38 PM   #10
derb83

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
A negative review on the better business bureau and a credit card dispute is what they got from me ordered a zl1 fuel oump on 11/22 still no pump and wouldnt refund money . Ordered one from adm performance had it in 2 days . I will never spend a dime with them again . Hopefully I get my money back someday .
Old 01-13-2018, 04:18 AM   #11
ttshovel

Drives: 12 camaro ss, 72 chevelle, 91camaro
I had ordered a set of valve Springs and after 4 months I called my bank and disputed the charges. I also had the pretty much weekly "I'll have tracking tomorrow" bs

pay the extra money and buy elsewhere.... after a while they will realize that the few dollars that they think they're saving people will put them out of business
12 camaro ss 427lsx, th400, f310 heads, crower shaft mounts, gpi specd solid roller, shearerfab 2k hp a/w, twin bullseye 88mm turbos, hughes pro ssx bolt together converter, holley dominator, 8.50 cert, backhalf, Ford 9", 33x17x16 tires, c16 fuel
Old 01-13-2018, 05:48 AM   #12
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttshovel View Post
I had ordered a set of valve Springs and after 4 months I called my bank and disputed the charges. I also had the pretty much weekly "I'll have tracking tomorrow" bs

pay the extra money and buy elsewhere.... after a while they will realize that the few dollars that they think they're saving people will put them out of business
Wow I ordered a ud pulley on 11/26. I'm still waiting. I've been told so much bs... Now I too am getting the tracking tomorrow bs! Just horrible!
Old 01-13-2018, 10:49 AM   #13
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
Wow I ordered a ud pulley on 11/26. I'm still waiting. I've been told so much bs... Now I too am getting the tracking tomorrow bs! Just horrible!
In all fairness the part you ordered (SLP Pulley) has been discontinued. We are sourcing the same parts they used to use direct from the place who made them at a higher cost to us to get your order filled. It has taken longer than expected, but the order is about to be filled.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #14
Kraken

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
In all fairness the part you ordered (SLP Pulley) has been discontinued. We are sourcing the same parts they used to use direct from the place who made them at a higher cost to us to get your order filled. It has taken longer than expected, but the order is about to be filled.
You told me that it shipped and you were waiting for the tracking number. Now you are saying it's "about" to be filled? Which one is it? Has it shipped, you still waiting to fill the order, or just more BS like you've been giving all your other customers? I see about five or so negative threads and everyone is basically saying the same thing!

Closed Thread