Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-27-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Son got hit in LaPorte

My son (25) was following a friend on his Raider to his apt last weekend and was almost to the driveway to turn in to his apts. Apparently, details are sketchy on this, someone turned left in front of him after his friend passed him, and didn't see the bike he was on. He hit my son's bike head on and threw him from the bike onto the street. The report said that the person stopped for a sec and then screeched off into the night. the car was later found but no driver, evidently, the driver borrowed the vehicle. it wasn't his.
Son was carted by ambulance to the hospital with a broken hip, shattered femur, and left ankle in 2 places. the surgeon had to screw all the broken pieces on his femur back together, and stitch together all his severed ligaments, tendons and muscles back to the leg and hip. 2 plates surgically planted in his left ankle to aid in healing. He is expected to walk after about 8-10 weeks and extensive therapy when the casts are removed. But is questionable. he is still in the hospital under going therapy after being moved from the trauma wing a few days ago.
I learned yesterday that the hit/run driver was caught and arrested ( I assumed this). He is a convicted felon just out of jail (ugh, really?). I don't have any more info from that. the bike is fixable, but my son will be laid up for a good while. He lost his job since his wreck and cannot work. yes, we are going to look into this with lawyers. But being a convicted felon living/working in an apt complex, I don't see this going very far.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
People not paying attention to what the hell their doing!Glad he's on the mend.The good Lord was watching out for him.God Bless and be safe
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Wishing your son, you and your family the best through out his recovery.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:06 AM   #4
12blkgrayRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by witenite View Post
Wishing your son, you and your family the best through out his recovery.
Thank you! We appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2018, 07:24 AM   #5
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
how did he lose his job it wasnt his fault?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #6
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Sorry to hear about a fellow motorcyclist, hope he heals fast. I'm sure the lawyers will know how to find the money, but at least here the insurance goes with the car...we loaned a family member one of our cars and when she wrecked it, it was on our insurance (no good deed goes unpunished).
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:59 AM   #7
12blkgrayRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
how did he lose his job it wasnt his fault?
he cant work for several months. he cannot walk. it was a day to day type job. manual labor contractor. Not the type of job where he can take a leave.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
I see im sorry like others said there will be money to be found for you and him
My dad has 2 bmw motorcycles and hes had a few close calls
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 12:33 AM   #9
Smoke 'em
There's always a faster 1

Drives: (-,-)
First off, I'm sorry to hear about your son but glad he is ok. I know how hard it is and how hard it is going to be because a guy hit me on my bike back in 2013 because he was on his cell phone and not paying attention. I couldn't go back to work for a year and a half. I broke my left femur, it tore through my leg, and fractured a lot of other stuff. The C1 and C4 in my neck were the worst fractures of all because of where they were. Anyway, not trying to take away from what happened to your son. If the guy didn't own much or didn't have insurance then unfortunately you may not get anything out of it. I hope his recovery goes well and hope that you can get something out of it.
Smoke 'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #10
12blkgrayRS

UPDATE: Son has cast off, was walking with Cane for a few weeks. Now walking without cane or assistance, with a slight limp. Still healing, he gets better each week. Bought a car and is driving for Lyft making some decent money. starting a real job here in a few weeks.