Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-21-2017, 06:10 PM   #43
quinthawk

Drives: 2010 camaro ss, 2012 ZL1, 2021 LT1
Ted
Does the DSX auxiliary fuel system work on an SS with zl1 pump and fpcm.
quinthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:23 AM   #44
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinthawk View Post
Ted
Sorry I missed this.

Yes sir it can be fitted, we stock DSX products if you need anything.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 12:09 PM   #45
DSX Tuning

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinthawk View Post
Ted
Yes. The 2010 doesn't have the provisions in the frame for the mounting bracket, so you have to get a little creative.
DSX Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 AM   #46
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
Does the sensor adjust to whatever % regular gas vs e85? so say I have 1/3 e85 and the rest is 91 (AZ doesn't have 93), will it pull enough timing and still give a little kick?

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #47
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
Does the sensor adjust to whatever % regular gas vs e85? so say I have 1/3 e85 and the rest is 91 (AZ doesn't have 93), will it pull enough timing and still give a little kick?
The sensor is a monitoring device that reports the Ethanol % to the computer.

When the computer is set up correctly (via Custom tuning) it takes that information and adjust the Stoich value of fuel, and timing according to that % Ethanol reported.

Ted.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #48
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The sensor is a monitoring device that reports the Ethanol % to the computer.

When the computer is set up correctly (via Custom tuning) it takes that information and adjust the Stoich value of fuel, and timing according to that % Ethanol reported.

Ted.
Ted, I wanted to bring this up since I am on torn between going E85 or Meth.

After talking with a very very respectable South Florida Tuner (take a guess $$$$$$) they suggest not using the flex fuel sensor and running a dedicated tune for E85, and another one for 93. I can't say I fully understood, but it was something to do with the sensor/tune not performing the math correctly to adjust timing to make either tune optimal (when using the sensor).

Do you know what they meant, and can you elaborate? I think he said it doesnt adjust the timing. I thought that was the whole point of the flex sensor.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock"
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:46 PM   #49
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
I have the dsx flex fuel sensor, i have the stock table tuned to 91 octane and then the flex fuel table set for e85, there is night and day difference between how the car runs when e85 is in the tank, the nice thing with the flex fuel sensor is not all e85 is the same unless your getting it out of a drum so the computer will adjust to the percentage if tuned into the computer correctly, as far as why the shop may have recommended that way i have a few theorys but ill let ted answer is since his answer would be correct vs a guess
Old 03-07-2018, 11:39 PM   #50
eLeSthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
I have the dsx flex fuel sensor, i have the stock table tuned to 91 octane and then the flex fuel table set for e85, there is night and day difference between how the car runs when e85 is in the tank, the nice thing with the flex fuel sensor is not all e85 is the same unless your getting it out of a drum so the computer will adjust to the percentage if tuned into the computer correctly, as far as why the shop may have recommended that way i have a few theorys but ill let ted answer is since his answer would be correct vs a guess
Have you ever logged your timing for 93, and again for E85?

If your guess was that this tuner is dumb, you would be incorrect.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock"
Old 03-08-2018, 12:17 AM   #51
Moreair1

Nope my guess is easier and quicker to tune and second you can maximize each tune better, as far as logging yes timing is different, on the e38 computer there is a field for flex fuel that modifies your base timing for when the computer read alternate fuel, but like I say I have only tuned one car and Ted would be able to give better insight to why that tuners recommended that to you
Old 03-08-2018, 07:57 AM   #52
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLeSthree View Post
Ted, I wanted to bring this up since I am on torn between going E85 or Meth.

After talking with a very very respectable South Florida Tuner (take a guess $$$$$$) they suggest not using the flex fuel sensor and running a dedicated tune for E85, and another one for 93. I can't say I fully understood, but it was something to do with the sensor/tune not performing the math correctly to adjust timing to make either tune optimal (when using the sensor).

Do you know what they meant, and can you elaborate? I think he said it doesnt adjust the timing. I thought that was the whole point of the flex sensor.
I do many Flex fuel conversions and I always tune on 93 first then while on the dyno add E-85.

The Sensor sees the Alcohol content, LTFT, and AFR stays the same and timing is automatically added and power increases are typically 50+ RWHP on FI cars.

I would be happy to provide you with parts and tuning for your ride to convert to flex fuel.

No need for 2 separate tunes and that does not work well because there is alway residual fuel and you never know what you will get at the pump.

You need the sensor to tell the computer the alcohol content so fueling and timing are optimized for any mixture.

Ted.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #53
Moreair1

Ted, so what would the reason be that the tuner from florida wants to do two seperate tunes? This isnt the first time I have heard of shops doing this, im with you with the flex sensor I have read different percentages on eth on my logs from differents gas stations so it just makes too much sense to run a flex sensor unless its a mostly drag car that you empty the fuel tank out and fill up.on e85 out of a barrel at the track
Old 03-08-2018, 10:01 AM   #54
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
Ted, so what would the reason be that the tuner from florida wants to do two seperate tunes? This isnt the first time I have heard of shops doing this, im with you with the flex sensor I have read different percentages on eth on my logs from differents gas stations so it just makes too much sense to run a flex sensor unless its a mostly drag car that you empty the fuel tank out and fill up.on e85 out of a barrel at the track
You will have to draw your own conclusion.

I can only tell you what works and how it works.

Ted.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #55
eLeSthree

Ill try to get more details. I Shouldnt have posted partial info.

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock"
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 PM   #56
Moreair1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You will have to draw your own conclusion.

I can only tell you what works and how it works.

Ted.
I know a couple people who run e85 and meth, does this actually help? According to them they did make more power but researching it i couldn't find any info only meth vs e85