Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #43
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
So when they do a buy back how ugh do they buy back for?

We just bought a 2013 Honda Pilot that I think is a lemon. Had 100 miles on it when we bought it. Steering wheel shakes at 65-75 mph, they had to rear passenger door panel off as on our way to get steering looked at the back door would not open from inside outside, they also did an alignment and resurfaced the rotors. All these issues within a 100 miles from us buying it. Steering wheel still shakes at highway speed. Thinking this car may lead to lemon buy back and am curious when they offer buy back how they calculate what they give you or lemon buy back.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #44
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
In my opinion if you stay with a Camaro every squeak, rattle, drip will continue to have you nervous. With the history mentioned about two cars in a row your confidence will be low and you will not enjoy the experience. It is not just a car but an experience.

I am a GM only guy for over 35 years and will continue to be but I have been in a similar situation with appliances at home as well as motorcycle issues. I moved on and never looked back. Funny part is with the cycle, when I do see my old make 1st thing in my mind is the failures and I don't even have it anymore.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #45
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
In most states/mfrs, here is how a "buyback" is calculated. It is based on the assumption that a car's life is 100,000 miles. It assumes you used up some of the car - even if it's unhappy miles, still you used some. So for simplicity's sake, if you went 10,000 miles they give you back 90% of everything out of pocket you have so far paid in.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #46
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Honestly... if I were in your situation, I'd probably go with option number 1 and just be done with it.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:11 AM   #47
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Wow, talk about bad luck. 2 lemons? Are these cars known to be so troublesome?
This is your second Camaro.

Go with #1 for a last attempt to repair properly.

Then as a last resort #2.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #48
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Ok guys/gals,

I got the letter offering the buy back from GM. So this goes into my pocket with the HIGH hope the next round of repairs go well and it's not needed.

Either way it looks like I am covered.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:03 AM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleLife View Post
Agreed. I love the car more than just about anything else, and am so proud of it and myself (my first car I bought myself) but it's just so frustrating to have these issues with something so new. I found I had an unread message (never got the popup bubble) from the Chevy Customer Srvc account and just sent a reply to it, so I'll see if that has any affect.
Hello NoleLife,

Thank you for getting back to me. Also glad we had a chance to speak earlier about your issue. I am always available to you for assistance via private message for any further questions or concerns you may have should you have the need.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #50
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum View Post
IMO option 2.5.. Gm buys the vehicle back and you get a new one if you desire.
This * 100. Not sure why there would be an option 3 if 2 is the buy back unless 3$ > 2$.

Good luck whatever route you go.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #51
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
Mine was a unique case and became a trade vs. a buy back for a few reasons. My dealer swung me a deal and GM gave me a Goodwill voucher towards the new car. I'm convinced it was handled the way it was because of the verbiage and professionalism I used during all communication with the dealer and the quality after sales district rep. Keep your cool and avoid getting emotional about any aspect except your passion for Chevrolet and Camaro. Convince them why you should be made whole and why you feel you shouldn't suffer a loss for something that is no doing of your own. It shouldn't be hard with a previous troubled car already. Be clear you intend to be fair. Losing $500 to $1000 is fair for the amount of time you've used the car. $3k or more? No way. Push for help to make up the stretch if it really comes down to it. They can help and will if they know it will pay dividends back in the future based on your future purchases and sharing of your positive experience.

It broke my heart to let my 2010 go but at the end of the day it was best for everyone and GM absolutely made me whole.

Best of luck to you. I hope they fix it up right!

Last edited by chef-beavis; 06-06-2013 at 05:08 PM. Reason: correct auto correction. damn phone!
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:17 AM   #52
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Alright all the car is at the dealer one last time. Hopefully all goes well, wish me luck.

I am in Scott's crew today, here is my loaner

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-10-2013, 07:47 AM   #53
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Cool good luck I hope they get this fixed is it still with the guys at Courtesy at the Airport or did you take it to Starling in Kissimmee and let them work on it?
Old 06-10-2013, 07:49 AM   #54
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Cool good luck I hope they get this fixed is it still with the guys at Courtesy at the Airport or did you take it to Starling in Kissimmee and let them work on it?
GM requested I take it to the airport.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #55
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Good luck to you.
I'd opt for #1, and then have a straight buyback as an option.

I was offered #3, a "trade assist" on my vehicle that was over a year old. Unfortunately,the numbers on the trade assist were too low. WAY below Black Book.
It ended up a straight trade-in on my own, which gave me nearly what I had originally paid for it.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #56
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Alright all the car is at the dealer one last time. Hopefully all goes well, wish me luck.

I am in Scott's crew today, here is my loaner

Sent from my 2SS/RS
I got stuck in one of those for almost a month. With a 30 gallon tank, a fill up can cause a heart attack!!
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbodfather