Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #1401
punkindave
The Great Punkin

Drives: 2013 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
So quick question...

The community is now going to turn against a member who's been here for 6 years, with thirty six THOUSAND posts, after hearing only one side of a situation? Only because he was trying to be level-headed and trying to be fair to both sides in assessing the problem and possible resolutions?
Such is the irrational "Sports team mentality" that has invaded all facets of life in the USA. Feels great having a loud opinion and the "duty" to rant and rave without regard for consequences or facts. Makes for a very simple world when all you see is black and white and are incapable of acknowledging the potential for an alternative view.
This is how we end up with the goobermint we have now. We asked for it and they know how to play to our "base".
Old 01-14-2014, 10:57 AM   #1402
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Well...this thread exploded, eh?

Nice to see the Hoopers are finally moving towards an acceptable resolution to this mess. Hopefully dealerships everywhere can learn a few things about customer service and responsibility from this.

I wonder if anyone is going to second-guess taking their car back to the dealership for paint issues now

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
Old 01-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #1403
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
End the end I’m happy GM took the helm and got this moving in the right direction.

Last edited by Jay_LHD3; 01-14-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #1404
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
We appreciate it. I had the opportunity to chat with John (O.P.) on Friday and he seems like an awesome guy. He was stoked on the sway bars and we are very happy to be able to give them to him. I was kind of hoping a few other Camaro5 vendors could follow suit and we could end up having the Hooper "Phoenix" build thread for his new ZL1!!!

Happy Monday everyone,

Kerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
jhoop302-

We have been following this thread since the beginning and really feel bad for what you and your wife are having to go through with the loss of your ZL1. One of the things we pride ourselves on here is customer service, and since you have had to face a nightmare with this whole ordeal, we would like to show you that there are still companies out there that value their customers. I don't believe that you had our CAI on your original ZL1, but we would be honored to have our CAI on your new Camaro. We would like to offer you a brand new CAI for the replacement vehicle once you receive it. Just give us a call, ask for Bill, and I'll make sure you have something to smile about, hell, we'll even throw in a few Microfiber Detailing cloths to keep it clean!

If you want to check out the specs of the system, here they are: http://www.coldairinductions.com/201...d-black-finish

I see that PFADT racing did right by you too!!
^^ That is a great system! Very nice!

We've been following this for some time now and it is unreal. I can't even imagine what you're going through and I'd probably be in jail right now...

With that said we've got a Tow Hook with your name on it, John (O.P)! Kerry from Pfadt Racing whom we work with very closely called the other day to let us know that they planned on kicking in some ZL-Spec sways which are awesome BTW and we felt like we could help out!

Shoot me a PM with your info and we'll get it sent out. I know it isn't much but they are very helpful in the event you need to get towed or if you decide to take her to the track.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #1405
Sharkonwheels
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: 2013 Volt
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post

Good point and question. PQ spoke with a voice of reason and take a look at it from the other side point of view. I think it went a bit far when the tone changed to one of labeling the Hoopers as "gold diggers" my term not his.

I've only posted 2x this thread, including this one and it will be my last.
That would be a normal, human reaction. Is it "gold-diggin?" I think so.
And *I* am guilty of it, too. When I had the issues with my Volt, I did the SAME thing... first thought, was what can I get out of it. Color me guilty.

After what I went through, and the Hoopers went through, I think it's entitled.

PQ even mentioned on multiple occasions, as did I, that the Hoopers deserved a new car.

In my case, I asked for way more than I actually wanted, to negotiate back down to what I actually wanted (lower price, less out of pocket, maintenance included, lower pmt).

I've chimed in, because I inadvertently lit a firestorm against my dealer when I posted the CarFax info for my first Volt. Initially they kinda' resisted, but that didn't last but a day or two, and my issue was resolved within a week or so. It was actually a week longer, but that was because I had to travel out of the country for a week, and they actually got the replacement car, and warehoused it for 8 days until I returned. They went above and beyond.

Their harrassment from the internet posse, however, continued for about 5-6 months...

I think some were not really defending the DEALER, per se, but more defending the ideal of fair-play.

You have people on twitter suggesting grabbing bats and going to visit the dealer.
People calling the dealer and cussing out 63yo ladies in the back office to the point they were in tears and had to go home early.
People going to the dealer and throwing animal feces on their inventory vehicles.

I mean, come on... that's out of line...

The big problem, is we (myself included) only heard one side and rushed to judgment.

I am glad that the Hoopers are getting a new ZL1, because I think they deserve it, and I sure hope they don't have to come out of pocket for a single penny, because this was not their doing in any way, shape, or form.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #1406
1LESSPROBLEM

Drives: blown
Why in the **** should you have to BUY a new car from them. horse shit. After all this BS... Your insurance should cut you a check for the vehicle while they go after 1st State's insurance to get reimbursed, while 1st state chevy should be GIVING you another car for all of this bull shit hassle. No way in hell would i be apologizing to the dealership. If their owner/GM said "its not our problem" that is just a sip of what the rest of their employees are like.
Cam
Weld
Old 01-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #1407
Sharkonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Motorsports View Post
^^ That is a great system! Very nice!

We've been following this for some time now and it is unreal. I can't even imagine what you're going through and I'd probably be in jail right now...

With that said we've got a Tow Hook with your name on it, John (O.P)! Kerry from Pfadt Racing whom we work with very closely called the other day to let us know that they planned on kicking in some ZL-Spec sways which are awesome BTW and we felt like we could help out!

Shoot me a PM with your info and we'll get it sent out. I know it isn't much but they are very helpful in the event you need to get towed or if you decide to take her to the track.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Pure class, Jordan. Pure class.

C5 sure has some awesome vendors, I'll tell you that.

You guys, Dynamic Diode, CAI, and Pfadt are textbook examples of customer service and class. May your kindness be handsomely rewarded!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:18 AM   #1408
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LESSPROBLEM View Post
Why in the **** should you have to BUY a new car from them. horse shit. After all this BS... Your insurance should cut you a check for the vehicle while they go after 1st State's insurance to get reimbursed, while 1st state chevy should be GIVING you another car for all of this bull shit hassle. No way in hell would i be apologizing to the dealership. If their owner/GM said "its not our problem" that is just a sip of what the rest of their employees are like.
I've been very slow to defend the dealer here . . .
but I will say . . . this happened probably due to 2-3 people mis-handling the situation. Starting with the now-fired employee, and then the manager/owner who didn't realize he couldn't just 'wash his hands of it'.

After reading almost all posts in this thread . . .
No car should have been damaged (or have feces thrown on it).
Yelling at a receptionist only hurts the receptionist, not the person you were really trying to get to (manager or fired employee)
Old 01-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #1409
TurtleTamer

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
I disagree that there was a mob mentality here. Mr. Hooper waiting with demonstrated patience to post until after the car was totaled. There was plenty of time for the dealer NOT to tip-toe and back-pedal, but that's what they did. In the next few pages of posts you get a lot of people giving him the best possible advice, given the circumstances, that can be given: lawyer up, contact someone with influence to help, and keep us posted.

I honestly didn't really see any evidence that anyone here would have been the one(s) to call and harass the dealership or worse, actually vandalize cars. This behavior was uncalled for to say the least and I don't think anyone here would agree with it.

We're talking about tens of thousands of dollars here. What this car costs, I make in about a year, and actually owning one is some years and good decisions in the future for me. Tempers will run high but I would have steered clear of this site if there was any evidence of the "mob mentality."

I disagree with a few posters here. But I don't think less of them for it. I think most involved did a pretty good job of keeping it civilized.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:44 AM   #1410
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
So quick question...

The community is now going to turn against a member who's been here for 6 years, with thirty six THOUSAND posts, after hearing only one side of a situation? Only because he was trying to be level-headed and trying to be fair to both sides in assessing the problem and possible resolutions?
Exactly.

The Hoopers are good people - and we sometimes need to remember that to many of us, our beloved Camaros are more than a collection of sheet-metal, glass, rubber, etc......they become members of the family - and when something happens to our "pride and joy" - we talk about it.

What bothers me more than anything are the horrible things thrown about over 50-some pages - - and that people who have no training on the Laws of the State of Delaware decide to opine with no legal understanding whatsoever -- or the understanding of long-term implications. And when an honored member of this site such as PQ says "Let's slow down here - we don't know all of the facts " - he's slammed.

The reality is that NO ONE on this thread except for the Hoopers were in any of the meetings. NONE OF US know the whole story. There are insurance companies involved and there are laws that must be followed.

"The Name Camaro means friend, pal or comrade......."

I continually remind people of that quote from Pete Estes made in June of 1966....those are good words to live by. We need to calm down sometimes and take a deep breath......

We need to get along rather than bash each other - or make proclamations without an understanding of the Law -- There are many things that SEEM to be 'common sense' -- but a quick study of Law will tell you that Common Sense often is thrown thru the window........so to speak.....by the very laws that are passed to supposedly protect us. (..it's called the 'Law of Unintended Consequences'....)

I'm pleased that the Hoopers will hopefully be behind the wheel of another ZL1 in the next week or so...they're good people - and all of the conversations I had with them before and during this unfortunate happening they've been very polite and very understanding of 'the law of unintended consequences"....and

I look forward to seeing them at Camaro events this summer.......and I thank them for their passion for all things Camaro.

That said - let's all calm down - and let's stop slamming each other - and let's stop painting every Chevy dealer with the same brush. Becky and Joe and Tom and Matt and Greg and Rollie and many many many others do not deserve to have this happen to them.

We have one thing in common - the love for an amazing thrill-ride.

Last edited by fbodfather; 01-14-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #1411
closs2sx

Drives: 1970 chevelle
one look at the white house will tell you that law and common sense don't always go hand and hand
Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #1412
toddsZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 IOM#1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Exactly.

The Hoopers are good people - and we sometimes need to remember that to many of us, our beloved Camaros are more than a collection of sheet-metal, glass, rubber, etc......they become members of the family - and when something happens to our "pride and joy" - we talk about it.

What bothers me more than anything are the horrible things thrown about over 50-some pages - - and that people who have no training on the Laws of the State of Delaware decide to opine with no legal understanding whatsoever -- or the understanding of long-term implications. And when an honored member of this site such as PQ says "Let's slow down here - we don't know all of the facts " - he's slammed.

The reality is that NO ONE on this thread except for the Hoopers were in any of the meetings. NONE OF US know the whole story. There are insurance companies involved and there are laws that must be followed.

I continually remind people of that quote from Pete Estes made in June of 1966....those are good words to live by. We need to calm down sometimes and take a deep breath......

We need to get along rather than bash each other - or make proclamations without an understanding of the Law -- There are many things that SEEM to be 'common sense' -- but a quick study of Law will tell you that Common Sense often is thrown thru the window........so to speak.....by the very laws that are passed to supposedly protect us. (..it's called the 'Law of Unintended Consequences'....)

I'm pleased that the Hoopers will hopefully be behind the wheel of another ZL1 in the next week or so.......and I look forward to seeing them at Camaro events this summer.......

That said - let's all calm down - and let's stop slamming each other - and let's stop painting every Chevy dealer with the same brush.
Very well said sir! I agree 100%
Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #1413
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
I'm glad this is finally settled and am looking forward to pictures of the Hooper's new ride. Kudos to the C5 vendors who are helping out. And to all who helped out behind the scenes to work out a solution.

Peace.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Old 01-14-2014, 12:03 PM   #1414
Sharkonwheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Exactly.

I'm pleased that the Hoopers will hopefully be behind the wheel of another ZL1 in the next week or so...they're good people - and all of the conversations I had with them before and during this unfortunate happening they've been very polite and very understanding of 'the law of unintended consequences"....and

I look forward to seeing them at Camaro events this summer.......and I thank them for their passion for all things Camaro.

That said - let's all calm down - and let's stop slamming each other - and let's stop painting every Chevy dealer with the same brush. Becky and Joe and Tom and Matt and Greg and Rollie and many many many others do not deserve to have this happen to them.

We have one thing in common - the love for an amazing thrill-ride.
Very well put. Alot of people don't know how alot of these things work, same way I was advised when I had my issues. There are laws covering how manufacturers relationships with customers are, dealer relations, etc... And, every state is different, ie, Tesla's battle going state-by-state, vs a Federal thing.

If you assisted Scott, thanks for pushing the buttons, and getting the Hoopers' deal moving along. I'm sure they appreciate your legwork as well.

Cheers!

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1