Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 AM   #29
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji276289 View Post
Actually, I don't believe there is a correlation between what part of the country you live in, and the price you would pay for a similarly optioned car. The only variable at play here is how desperate the specific dealer is in trying to unload inventory.
There's definitely different prices in different regions, stemming mostly from the cost of the dealership to sell the car. Wage of the salesmen, overhead, etc.

Would it be 5k+ different? Probably not. Could it mean $1-2k? Sure.

I live in New Jersey (very near to NYC) and I can tell you that the price of the EXACT same 1SS just across the border in PA was $2500 less. I know it wasn't the dealership because I asked my local dealer to see if he could make a trade with the PA dealer and magically the price dropped $1000 despite having the same options.

This would imply that my local dealer has higher fees built into the cost. Needless to say, I walked out and drove to PA for $30 in gas to buy my car for that 2+k discount.

Ultimately, 50k for a 2SS must have been a convertible with all options; otherwise I think he paid above sticker without realizing it.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #30
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
If you bought the diesel 6.2, then the rattle is normal. If it's one o' them gasoline engined Camaros, then it probably shouldn't be doing that.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:07 AM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAZ1990 View Post
I went to the dealership for flashing CEL (misfire) and they told me that was "normal". They don't care about you or your car once they sell it and you drive off the lot! Some people try to defend them and say they do care but the fact is, they don't want to service your car in it's warranty period because free.
Try another dealer...
Old 05-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb21301 View Post
So I bought a 2014 SS 2SS and the first couple of days sounded great. Then I got on it a little and now I hear a rattle when I accelerate. I took it to the dealership and they told me its a normal noise.

Normal that wasn't there at first? I googled the noise and everyone says something different. I'm not a mechanic but I'm going to take it to another dealership hoping for better results. For almost $50,000 I expect no problems.
Has it got the Dual mode exhaust? I have heard of rattles coming from them.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #33
SS_Falco

Drives: 2SS 1LE RS. IOM
I just got my camaro out of storage few days ago and while driving down the highway in 4th (hard to hear) or 5th (quite noticible heard it over the radio) there was a vibrating/ clicking noise when I stepped on the acelerator was going 110-130kph. I have not heard this noise before and just so happened to see this post, I wounder if same problem. Also I'm just about at 10,000 on the od so time for an oilchange
SS_Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #34
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Quote:
So I bought a 2014 SS 2SS and the first couple of days sounded great. Then I got on it a little and now I hear a rattle when I accelerate. I took it to the dealership and they told me its a normal noise.

Normal that wasn't there at first? I googled the noise and everyone says something different. I'm not a mechanic but I'm going to take it to another dealership hoping for better results. For almost $50,000 I expect no problems.
Check out these post about 2 different known noise problems ..the first one has a TSB fix.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=baffle+noise

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158885&highlight=baffle+noise
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:54 AM   #35
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartens View Post
So whatever you do, keep complaining until they do something for you.
Well, you have to have patience, too. I've been complaining (pretty much weekly) for the last three months about all kinds of noises, grinds, clunks, bluetooth, etc...

They tried to fix the bluetooth, but it's still not working.

What seemed to work was going to a different dealership 50 miles away. They're pulling the whole transmission next week.

It DID require me going for a drive in another SS on the lot which MADE NO NOISES AT ALL and shifted better in every circumstance. It also delivered power better.

My advice, find a different dealer and let that NEW dealer know you're struggling with your old dealer.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #36
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Wow, glad i bought my car early. 50k with no supercharger? i think not.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #37
rmb21301

Drives: 2014 SS 2SS
So I stopped reading most replies because it's just trolling drama.

To clarify, the car was 39k + NY tax which is almost 9% + $800 for nav + sunroof (which I forget the cost of) + Recaro seats (which was $2500ish I think) + gas guzzler tax (which is $1,500). Not sure if they charged me for RS package or if it came with the SS to be honest.

So yeah....Welcome to New York. But we make big money here too, so it's not a huge deal to spend said price. Back to the topic.....

I said before, I'm no mechanic by any means....but the rattle just doesn't sound like it's working as intended. The car is a few weeks old, has 509 miles on it, and is not my first stick shift. Maybe I am wrong, but a guy I work with said it could be a few different things.

The clutch plates
Throw out bearing
Loose heat shield

So I will keep trying to get it resolved.
rmb21301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #38
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Quote:

To clarify, the car was 39k + NY tax which is almost 9% + $800 for nav + sunroof (which I forget the cost of) + Recaro seats (which was $2500ish I think) + gas guzzler tax (which is $1,500). Not sure if they charged me for RS package or if it came with the SS to be honest.

So yeah....Welcome to New York. But we make big money here too, so it's not a huge deal to spend said price. Back to the topic.....

I said before, I'm no mechanic by any means....but the rattle just doesn't sound like it's working as intended. The car is a few weeks old, has 509 miles on it, and is not my first stick shift. Maybe I am wrong, but a guy I work with said it could be a few different things.

The clutch plates
Throw out bearing
Loose heat shield

Read my post#35 on KNOWN noise issues
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #39
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

The clutch plates
Throw out bearing
Loose heat shield

As far as I know there should not be a Gas Guzzler tax on a SS, unless NY accesses it themselves...
Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #40
Drumminxx

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:

The clutch plates
Throw out bearing
Loose heat shield

there are a lot of trolls on here...I have a 2014 1le and I'll tell you that I get some clanking now and then when for example in 1st or 2nd moving at parking lot speeds, yes in a parking lot, when depressing the clutch and everyone says it normal. But I never hear any strange noise during normal acceleration so for the dealer to tell you that is normal is wrong....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #41
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
should have got the 6

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #42
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
As far as I know there should not be a Gas Guzzler tax on a SS, unless NY accesses it themselves...

NY never met a tax they didn't like.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote