Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #1
bighasse

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
3M Clear Protection Tape

Hi guys, say I am justfinishing up rebuilding the 2010 SS and was wondering if anyone has used the 3M Scotchgard tape to cover up the front bumper, lower rockers etc ? If so what brand did you use and where did you get it from? I am thinking of doing the headlights, front bumper, door edges and also the lower rockers behind the front and rear tires. Any other suggestions to place it would be appreciated? Thanks everyone! Todd
bighasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #2
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
EXpell is the best product.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #3
Grey2ss

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
I have had both 3m and Xpell. I have had the same results for both they work great and have held up even in the Arizona heat. Just don't get any other off brand. On the 3m I bought them precut from a good tint company. Xpell was on my car when I bought it.

Are you doing it yourself?
Grey2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 10:49 PM   #4
Tony-8

Drives: 2014 Camaro RRM 2SS RS, M6 LS3 Vert
My car was done with XPEL Ultimate almost 3 years ago and it still looks perfect. No yellowing and no paint chips. At the same time, I had the whole car treated with the ceramic nano-coating "CQuartz Finest." The car has never been waxed and always looks wet and like a mirror - highly recommend both.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #5
2nd SS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
I have Sun Tek on mine. It's been on it now for around five years. No yellowing so far. No chips. It self heals. When I had it put on, it was supposed to be the best one out there. That's what the internet said and you know you can trust anything you read on the internet. Attached pic is from two months ago. Ain't a chip on it anywhere. Front end, entire hood, A- pillers, 8"of the roof, and Gill area are done. Do some research. There may be something even better out there now.
Attached Images

Tags
3m tape