Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
Annatar

Drives: ZL1 six speed manual
ZL1 MyLink infotainment system

All the other buttons work just fine, but I can keep pressing repeat 'till the cows come home and absolutely nothing happens. Does anyone else's repeat button not work with USB media plugged in?

What about Bluetooth pairing with an iPhone, does the repeat button on your "MyLink" system work with that?
Annatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #2
revo1059

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1
MyLink is the biggest piece of crap in the industry. Rip it out and put something in that actually works. I finally pulled mine and couldn't be happier.
revo1059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:31 AM   #3
Annatar

Drives: ZL1 six speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by revo1059 View Post

MyLink is the biggest piece of crap in the industry. Rip it out and put something in that actually works. I finally pulled mine and couldn't be happier.
It's a shame really as it's based on QNX, a real-time, UNIX-like operating system. Something did go wrong somewhere during development though, as I can clearly see that the volume knob has real-time response when changing volume, while the buttons on the steering wheel have a 300 - 500 ms response lag and the push button events are often lost by the software.

Perhaps I would replace it if I found a system that was truly 100% integrated with the vehicle and mimics the shape and controls of the original, but I have yet to find such a system. You see, I am trying to keep the car original in order to protect my investment years from now (and likely daily drive the car gratis if I decide to sell it at a profit several decades later).

When I was at Hohenroda European car meeting, my car was the only one in the entire fleet of 300 - 500 Camaros which was unmodified, making it unique. I believe I have the only stock ZL1 in Europe.
Annatar is offline   Reply With Quote