Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 12-11-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
sadboyleo

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT
Can an axle back void the warranty on my 1lt?

Thinking of copping this guy:
https://www.phastekperformance.com/M...6-s7038blk.htm

But if it voids the warranty then there's no point.
sadboyleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:16 PM   #2
Amiaji

Drives: 2018 1SS Camaro
I'm not gonna say they can't, but I don't see how they could. An axle-back is the only mod I have made to my car so far. Past the converters I don't see how that could affect the engine/drivetrain.
Amiaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:04 AM   #3
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
It will void the warranty on your mufflers.

If the dealer tries anything more than that, you could fight and beat them in court. If you have nothing better to do and have money to burn.

edit: If you have to ask about warranties then you probably shouldn't be doing the mod. That really should be rule #1. Only proceed when you're prepared to not be covered.

Mine was less than 1 month old before it's warranty was trashed. Aint nobody got time for waiting until the factory warranty is up.

Last edited by cellsafemode; 12-12-2018 at 10:42 AM.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:16 AM   #4
Calvear0

Drives: Currently Looking for 2019 SS
I had the famous "shudder" and the dealer told me it was because of my axle back. They were wrong obviously but I had to go back to factory exhaust.
I would keep the factory exhaust just in case.
Calvear0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Korosion

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadboyleo View Post
Thinking of copping this guy:
https://www.phastekperformance.com/M...6-s7038blk.htm

But if it voids the warranty then there's no point.
In most cases it will not void your warranty, it depends more on the dealership. I had headers/tune/suspension/exhaust/ported intake manifold/cold air intake/ported throttle body/intake manifold spacers and I blew my motor and they replaced the motor under full warranty. If you are that worried about it I would call the dealership and see how mod friendly they are.
Korosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Magnusson moss warranty act of 1975. familiarize yourself with it. it'll save you a lot of anxiety and headaches down the road.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
sadboyleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
It will void the warranty on your mufflers.

If the dealer tries anything more than that, you could fight and beat them in court. If you have nothing better to do and have money to burn.

edit: If you have to ask about warranties then you probably shouldn't be doing the mod. That really should be rule #1. Only proceed when you're prepared to not be covered.

Mine was less than 1 month old before it's warranty was trashed. Aint nobody got time for waiting until the factory warranty is up.

I was just wondering cause an axle back seemed like a harmless mod
Old 12-14-2018, 01:21 PM   #8
sadboyleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvear0 View Post
I had the famous "shudder" and the dealer told me it was because of my axle back. They were wrong obviously but I had to go back to factory exhaust.
I would keep the factory exhaust just in case.
What famous shudder?
Old 12-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #9
sadboyleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse View Post
Magnusson moss warranty act of 1975. familiarize yourself with it. it'll save you a lot of anxiety and headaches down the road.
Will do thanks
Old 12-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #10
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
No it will not. But that exhaust might be crazy loud and drone though. The famous A8 automatic 8 speed transmission shudder which I have and had the flush done until the new fix in 2019.
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:02 PM   #11
sadboyleo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
No it will not. But that exhaust might be crazy loud and drone though. The famous A8 automatic 8 speed transmission shudder which I have and had the flush done until the new fix in 2019.
What does drone mean if you don't mind me asking. I'm a baby with all this stuff.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:38 PM   #12
302Blue

Drives: 2017 Camaro V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadboyleo View Post
What does drone mean if you don't mind me asking. I'm a baby with all this stuff.
I'm sure you can find some good explanations or videos online, but my explanation is from personal experience in my friend's Ecoboost Mustang with an MBRP exhaust. Basically at a certain cruising RPM (anywhere from 1500-3000) the exhaust will be louder than it has any business being and it can be really annoying over time.

From my understanding (could easily be wrong) this can occur because the metal resonates at that certain RPM frequency and without well-made sound/vibration damping that you find in an expensive or stock exhaust the exhaust can have what I'd classify not as a nice exhaust noise but a stupid rattling sound (think Honda fart-can but low-RPM and more bassy). If you reduce sound-matting material to make the exhaust louder at high RPMs it's also going to be loud at low RPMs unless its designed correctly.

Last edited by 302Blue; 12-21-2018 at 08:59 AM.
302Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:10 PM   #13
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
What 302 said and very well put. A resonant frequency in the cabin of the car that will drive you mad! Lol
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 01:01 PM   #14
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
You are able to change anything after the catalytic converter without voiding your warranty, but that doesn't always guarantee a hassle-free dealership experience. We would recommend talking to your local dealership's service manager first if you are concerned about their position on modifications.
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, void warranty, warranty