Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2019 Camaro Fest (IX)

Old 04-01-2019, 06:04 AM   #127
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Appreciate it and if we make it with both will try to look you up! Who knows after she makes a run will probably be hooked and want to get into something even faster.
we have a lot of wonderful ladies on the track. They all know how to have fun and enjoy the car, tell her to come on and join in the fun. My wife runs the track too. (and she crushes me, but don't tell her I said that).
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #128
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Every year for my birthday I say don't want anything. This year asked for the trip to the Fest. Birthday is the week following Camaro Fest but close enough.
Old 04-01-2019, 07:38 PM   #129
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajefe Couple View Post
Every year for my birthday I say don't want anything. This year asked for the trip to the Fest. Birthday is the week following Camaro Fest but close enough.
Nice... we have celebrated Al Os birthday at the fest the past few years too.
Old 04-01-2019, 10:00 PM   #130
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My Birthday was close to fest years when it was in August. I'll pass on a repeat. Too darn hot in August.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 05-04-2019 at 10:10 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #131
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
You think Al will be at Camaro Fest this year given his re-location in the company?
3400 status 03/07/16 TPW of 03/14/16
4200 status 03/17/16 in transit!
Delivered 03/23/16
2SS Hyper Blue | 6M | NPP | Mag ride | ceramic white Int. | Black out bow ties | P3 Gauge| Front splitter. | 6 pot upgraded brembo brakes. | Magnuson Supercharger/95MM pulley | Rotofab Intake | ZL1 side skirts | HRE FF04 wheels - Michelin PSS4 | ZL1 add ons rock guards and lift points.
| AWE touring - resinated catback with link pipes.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:26 AM   #132
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
15 inch conversion isn't needed on a stock ZL1. You can't just throw 15" wheels on them.
Yes and even the 17" Dragstar wheels will touch the brake disc if you hotlap on a stock setup. So with a mostly stock ZL1 it would run V8 Supermod on a pro tree? And it would be worth running just to get some runs in?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:08 AM   #133
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneredry View Post
You think Al will be at Camaro Fest this year given his re-location in the company?
My initial thoughts were no, but after speaking with the Camaro team anything is possible. We won't get the list of names until we get closer but you can bet I'll check in with him.

They do have some cool stuff for us to see this year though.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:37 PM   #134
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Could we also have a drag racing 101 class? teach basic do's and don'ts especially since it's a lot of people's first time. I'd be willing to help with that
Last year some of us were waiting 30 minutes in staging lanes for guys to finish up in the autocross . Maybe they can organzie that a little better also.
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 09:38 PM   #135
Tenfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl View Post
Could we also have a drag racing 101 class? teach basic do's and don'ts especially since it's a lot of people's first time. I'd be willing to help with that
Lets hope the guys working the lanes give lane choice to the higher qualified car and or lower et . Last year that didnt happen all the time . call out to the lanes over the PA would be nice . Lets hope the weather some how is cooler .
Old 05-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #136
Tenfive

Quote:
My initial thoughts were no, but after speaking with the Camaro team anything is possible. We won't get the list of names until we get closer but you can bet I'll check in with him.

They do have some cool stuff for us to see this year though.
Met al last year super cool guy .
Old 05-03-2019, 01:01 AM   #137
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenfive View Post
Last year some of us were waiting 30 minutes in staging lanes for guys to finish up in the autocross . Maybe they can organzie that a little better also.
Haha that's happened every year now. CF7 there were 2 I4s the entire time. They call finals for us we sat right there under them waiting for 20mins while they kept calling us before someone wised up. The AutoX situation boils down to bad time management atleast they gave them a chance to drag though last year. CF7 there was no good PA announcements or communication for a lot of them. I think having a few volunteers that have open comms with both drag and autox that final day would help immensely.

Quote:
Lets hope the guys working the lanes give lane choice to the higher qualified car and or lower et . Last year that didnt happen all the time . call out to the lanes over the PA would be nice . Lets hope the weather some how is cooler .
Why? Line up in the lane you want to be staged in I don't see the issue here as I would during street nights at tracks we run all weekend sure one side may get used a little more during solo runs but I don't think in that heat and that track prep it's an issue unless CF8 was worst then CF7.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 06:31 AM   #138
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Not saying there wasn't a wait but we only had one person going back and forth in the finals and we kept a close watch on that. Will do our best again to seek out folks who make the finals in both events. AutoX should be over before drag finals begin.

Quote:
Lets hope the guys working the lanes give lane choice to the higher qualified car and or lower et . Last year that didn't happen all the time . call out to the lanes over the PA would be nice . Lets hope the weather some how is cooler .
Good to know and we will make sure that happens this time. We are on a Pro Ladder for Eliminations.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #139
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Since there are always quit a few new people wanting to run the drag strip for the first time, it is always very helpful to have a couple people AT the staging lanes to answer questions (walking around). Sometimes you miss those announcements, or what we may be waiting on, or what lanes we need to be in... basic questions that someone in that area could assist with.

I know that is not easy, as everyone helping is volunteering and there is a lot going on. But that would be a huge help for those really not sure how the staging works, or where they need to be at. Hearing an announcement that "All Modified cars need to be in staging Lane 4" is great.... now where is that? lol I try to help as much as I can, but when you are in your car running and having fun, you miss a lot of announcements

Last edited by hrpiii; 05-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:23 PM   #140
Tom And Cheryl

Drives: 2013 SS Convertible, ThumperII
Quote:
I get to get on the birthday list also, Monday before the fest.
Tom And Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote