Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Oregon mom says son given flu shot against orders

Oregon mom says son given flu shot against orders

"Knowing her 7-year-old has had adverse reactions to medication in the past, Kim Lutheran thought she had made it clear she didn't want her son vaccinated for the swine flu.

She signed the "no-consent" portion of the form Oregon City Schools sent home, then circled it with a black marker for emphasis.

To her shock, her first-grader was given the shot when the Toledo- Lucas County Health Department set up a flu clinic Monday at Starr Elementary. When she found out later that day, she said she was livid, not to mention worried for her son Matthew's health."

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS16/910290343
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ

I'd hurt someone.

I'm gonna let mine get it but if I said NO then I'd be one pissed off mother Fcker.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #3
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Can you say lawsuit. I am usually against people suing for bullshit, but I would be all over this one especially if something happened.
meanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
"Oregon Superintendent Michael Zalar said school officials were unaware of any other students being immunized without parental consent, an incident he deemed unfortunate.

"All I can really comment on is that the school provided the site for the health department," he said. "We just were a location to assist their vaccination process."

I love how the school sidesteps any responsibility.
We just provided them a place and unsupervised access to the children,
we have no responsibility with what happened to them.

Funny how I can member severing detention for a fight 3 hrs after school was out but since I never went home, [left school on my bicycle but didn't go home right away] And I was still under their control they said. So I served 3 days. [Perrysburgh jr high]

But folks shooting your kids up with drugs during school hours is non of their business, they just provided the place for it to happen?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
I would normally agree with what 2ndgenz28 just said regarding the school sidestepping. However the flu shots are being handled VERY differently than they normally are. I'd say the school is most likely telling the truth. Of course, the various State and Federal government agencies are pointing to suppliers and supply issues as the problem here, but the agencies have completely locked the process down and taken full control over it. I've never seen anything like it.

That's not paranoia, it's just what's happening.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I would have definitely told my kids o refuse any shot at all costs and to run out of there kicking and screaming if necessary.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 AM   #7
Bonnie
Bonfyre

Drives: C6, 2005 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I would have definitely told my kids o refuse any shot at all costs and to run out of there kicking and screaming if necessary.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
This is also Toledo.. and being a Sylvania Southview Grad and having seen how the districts work around there..

I'm surprised he isn't dead. And no that's not a snide comment either.. She could sue, but knowing the courts.. it won't go anywhere for years until it's just forgotten and swept under the rug.

Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #9
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
This is also Toledo.. and being a Sylvania Southview Grad and having seen how the districts work around there..

I'm surprised he isn't dead. And no that's not a snide comment either.. She could sue, but knowing the courts.. it won't go anywhere for years until it's just forgotten and swept under the rug.

Oregon is nothing like Toledo, might be right next door but its nothing alike.
Why I have always lived around Toledo, never in it.
Which is also who everyone else moves here.

Yep we got an oil refinery and an active ubar nasty bad stuff toxic waste dump, a coal power plant and a nuke power plant down the road.
But all of that is better then living in Toledo.