Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Jalopnik like the Z/28

http://jalopnik.com/the-2014-chevy-c...you-1563488553

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Reading comments on social media threads makes me understand how the entire Mustang/Camaro wars started. There are many, many woefully illiterate or blindly ignorant Mustang fanboys making insanely stupid comments.

I appreciate all cars, I respect Ford, MOPAR, the Euros.... I probably should learn more tolerance and respect to the ricers but by and large I don't talk shit when I know not what I'm talking about. It only makes you look like an ignorant ass and most enthusiasts will talk about you in unfavorable terms.

Really, your fellow Mustang guys, (not you), need to get real.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
Reading comments on social media threads makes me understand how the entire Mustang/Camaro wars started. There are many, many woefully illiterate or blindly ignorant Mustang fanboys making insanely stupid comments.

I appreciate all cars, I respect Ford, MOPAR, the Euros.... I probably should learn more tolerance and respect to the ricers but by and large I don't talk shit when I know not what I'm talking about. It only makes you look like an ignorant ass and most enthusiasts will talk about you in unfavorable terms.

Really, your fellow Mustang guys, (not you), need to get real.
+1
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #4
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
One-trick pony...where have I heard that before?!
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
sounds more like love to me...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #6
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Sigh...I'm getting really tired of car journalists saying the same thing about "it's too heavy" and "you can't see out of it". They just seem to be taking the lazy way out. How does it feel too heavy? Every 5th gen V8 Camaro weighs roughly the same, +/- a few percent, but they talk about how you can make the Z/28 dance and how well the ZL1 and 1LE handle, but then they are all too heavy. I think if you told them the Z/28 was 400 pounds lighter, handed them the keys and have them drive it, they'd all come back saying how great it handles and how they can feel how much lighter it is.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
Mikebrinda

Drives: Ferrari F430 Spider F1 Azzurro Arge
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
Sigh...I'm getting really tired of car journalists saying the same thing about "it's too heavy" and "you can't see out of it". They just seem to be taking the lazy way out. How does it feel too heavy? Every 5th gen V8 Camaro weighs roughly the same, +/- a few percent, but they talk about how you can make the Z/28 dance and how well the ZL1 and 1LE handle, but then they are all too heavy. I think if you told them the Z/28 was 400 pounds lighter, handed them the keys and have them drive it, they'd all come back saying how great it handles and how they can feel how much lighter it is.
+1. Nobody asks Usain Bolt how much he weighs after he stomps the field.
Mikebrinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:39 PM   #8
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Here is a cross section of the stupid...

Michael Wall Is that track data, or more of Chevy's simulations that worked out so well for the ZL1?
about an hour ago · Like · 5

Adrian Dzidek So it only took 3 tries, ss,zl1 and now z28... a massive price increase and the reuse of a Z06 motor. As always, well done GM.

Gooch The new Cobra will mop the floor with this car like usual. GM always thinks they've 1 upped Ford then they get their asses handed to them. Happens every time. about an hour ago · Like · 10

Kevin Wheeler Getting in on the "pay us more for less" game. Also, its 4k lbs with a driver, a bit much in my eyes. It is just a Camaro, lets not eclipse the $45k mark
about an hour ago · Edited · Like · 2

Jerry Camilleri We shall see as the new Mustang is coming out soon with an IRS and lighter body ....I'm sure it will be much cheaper and faster for the buck !!!
about an hour ago · Like ·

Jon Stachler Over twice the price of a GT Mustang just to keep up with it? Yawn
about an hour ago · Like · 4

Mike Tarlton We'll know more about Mustang's move on 4/17.
about an hour ago · Like · 2

David Juron 505hp and it kicks a Mustangs ass? Last I looked, the GT500 puts out about 661hp. And cheaper than 75k. Just saying.

Eddie Adorno We have to see how the GT350 will be
about an hour ago · Like · 2

Michael Pearson I'd take a GT500 with a radio, 662hp, great suspension, 55k sticker, air conditioning and a solid warranty over this trailer park Bentley.
about an hour ago · Like · 10

Lee Henderson The S550 "Boss replacement" with the 8000rpm Voodoo 5.0 that makes over 500hp and weighs 500lbs less will shit allover this troglodyte...
about an hour ago · Like ·

Patrick Chan So you made a car that is better than your competitors outgoing model that was priced half of what you are charging. Good for you...

You can't compare this car to any factory Mustang built in the last 10 years. The closest thing you are probably gonna get was the last Cobra R in 2000. All other Mustangs have been GT cars indented for daily driving with maybe a few exception like the recent Boss 302, but even it had AC, infotainment, and cost half as much...

Marc Cerundolo In acceleration the camaro has no chance again the mustang , both cars factory Oem.
about an hour ago · Like

Marc Cerundolo CAMAROS ARE WEAK !!!
about an hour ago · Like

Jared Flynn Mustang fan here....I like the z28 overall it will be a nice track car but I bet less than 200 of the 1,000 they build will ever see a road course. They will end up as garage queens or in collectors hands. The 15 GT is faster already than the outgoing Boss 302 so the new SVT will be nothing short of insanity. And will still cost less than the z28
56 minutes ago · Like · 3

Travis Chriscoe This will be the coolest Camaro to own when they stop making them...AGAIN!!!
54 minutes ago · Like · 1

Samuel Attah
She's coming, just wait...
50 minutes ago · Like · 3

Kc Brounkowski If you want to talk about in the, "stripped down, no ac, racecar" category then yeah I guess, seeing as that Ford doesn't really have one. However put it on the strip with a Cobra Jet and hilarity will ensue.
42 minutes ago · Like

Andy Knox 2014 GT500 starts at $55k and puts out 662 hp and 631 lb-ft of torque
2014 Z/28 starts at $75k and puts out 505 hp and 481 lb-ft of torque
So an extra $20k gets you 150 less hp and torque, I hope they throw in the mullet for free.
10 minutes ago · Like

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #9
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
whole lot of fanbois there
Old 04-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJanowich View Post
Sigh...I'm getting really tired of car journalists saying the same thing about "it's too heavy" and "you can't see out of it". They just seem to be taking the lazy way out. How does it feel too heavy?
I can only say this: during my High School years, some of the bigger girls were the best dancers...
Old 04-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #11
SMA334

Drives: 2011 Jeep JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
I can only say this: during my High School years, some of the bigger girls were the best dancers...
Well Put Brt3
SMA334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:04 PM   #12
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Regarding post #8, Ignorance is...both sad and funny!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Frank, some of them are even old enough to have a LICENSE...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #14
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Best dancer on the floor , but the are several different floors
Can you be more specific
It's like the best on the track , ,,,,,,., but at what track , like floors there are a few tracks , not to count Road course , etc
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote