Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Teaching how to drive go-karts

I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience teaching children how to drive a go-kart. I am looking for materials such as a method, syllabus, curriculum or any books that have an organized approach to teaching the art of karting.

I've looked online but have only seen ads for driving schools, no help for becoming a teacher.

Just some background if you have read this far. I am a classroom teacher and have been working in education for nearly 15 years . In that time I've taught art, PE, ESL but mainly I've been teaching kindergarten during the day and music after school. (I have a lot of patience.)

I have a friend who is a professional touring car driver and teachers driving school for Ferrari as well as driving in a few other series. He has his own go-karting team and he's asked me to be an instructor for a new after school program he is starting. While I feel confident to design my own lessons, but if there is a proven and effective way of teaching I don't want to reinvent the wheel or teach in an ineffective manner. I always want to be fully prepared before I start something new. So if there is any help to offer, please share it below! Thanks!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
contact Matt at Andersen Race Park in Palmetto FL. He runs a school for Kids as young as 4-5.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote