Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-24-2017, 01:53 PM   #127
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Been on the sidelines with this one...Merry Christmas & congrats with the new Z, you are gonna really dig it & appreciate you hanging in there with this thread.

Looking forward to your thoughts after you have time behind the wheel. I've never gotten into the whole rabid fighting over any particular favor & think the big three all bring something to the table.

I'm obviously biased on who is producing the best all around sports car (for me) at the moment with the ZL1...hoping Dodge will move away (or add) from what I consider a straight line hotrod & produce a car better suited to corners. I understand that is their customer base but enjoy seeing the competition on more equal footing.

Ford dealers need to get away from their obnoxious ADM or buyers need to quit supporting the practice...I got lucky & would be in a 350r right now, but i'm not paying over sticker & got into a faster & what I consider a better car. I din't know about the new ZL1 when I started looking for my first pony car.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:56 PM   #128
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
Dealer tint. Although, I'm a little peeved that they tinted over the [WiFi - OnStar] sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snagged View Post
Congrats! Nice color choice. Is that factory tint or did you get a quick turn around on an outside source?

Two supercharged beasts, has to be a good feeling.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #129
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
Dealer tint. Although, I'm a little peeved that they tinted over the [WiFi - OnStar] sticker.
That adds $500 in value.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-24-2017, 04:59 PM   #130
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Got her washed up. There is no evidence of wax on the car and some moderate water spots on the hood, trunk, and roof. The body panel gaps are really good. A polish and wax weekend is in my near future. I'm really impressed with the car so far.

Do you guys have any tips on drying the car off? The spoiler, front grill, and all the ground effects trap water like crazy. I may have to get my leaf blower out next time I wash.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #131
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
Got her washed up. There is no evidence of wax on the car and some moderate water spots on the hood, trunk, and roof. The body panel gaps are really good. A polish and wax weekend is in my near future. I'm really impressed with the car so far.

Beautiful car.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:03 PM   #132
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

And to add insult to injury, the [WiFi - OnStar] sticker isn't straight. I'll look at that damn thing everytime I open the driverside door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
That adds $500 in value.

Old 12-24-2017, 05:04 PM   #133
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Quote:
And to add insult to injury, the [WiFi - OnStar] sticker isn't straight. I'll look at that damn thing everytime I open the driverside door.
I would make them fix it, should have been discussed before hand.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #134
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Do you guys have any tips on drying the car off?
1) Optional: Paint protection film and ceramic coating. I recommend film on the paint and ceramic on the wheels and any part of the pain not filmed.

2) A good durable hydrophobic coating like Gtechniq EXO or similar on the entire car and wheels. Makes cleaning and drying easier.

3) Leaf blower! <— for getting water out of all the little corners, grille, spokes, mirrors, etc...

4) Two guzzler waffle weave towels. For what’s left.
https://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

Last edited by Gunkk; 12-24-2017 at 06:38 PM.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:05 PM   #135
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Quote:
I would make them fix it, should have been discussed before hand.

It was a screwed up deal with the car coming in 15 minutes after the dealership had closed on the Saturday before Christmas. The sales staff stayed around for 2 hours, but the service staff was long gone. It's not the end of the world.

The good news is the guy that dropped the car off took care of it like it was his own car. This guy was late, but he treated the car like his baby. I got his business cards in case I ever need a car moved. I was super impressed and I'm extremely anal about towing, loading, and off-loading. He used the factory tow hook in front and went around the wheel spokes in back with rags to protect the spokes from the nylon.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:36 AM   #136
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Yep, that'd have my OCD doing cheetah flips too.

I highly recommend a clear bra (Xpel, Suntek) on the front end, these cars are rock chip magnets and the paint is not very thick. I did the front clip (splitter, hood, fenders) as well as the rocker panels and bottom part of rear quarter panels. It wasn't cheap but it has already saved the paint from at least three chips (I'm only at 1900 miles).

The rest of the car I used a paint sealer and Ech2o rinse less wash - it takes a bit of figuring out how to do it the first time (practiced on our other car) but damn if it isn't easy now and the shine is incredible.

Brake dust is also a mother f-er. I swapped out the brake pads with the extremes and Cquartz'd the rims - that in and of itself was worth the time and effort. A lot less brake dust. There's a couple of good threads on here about brake pads and Bobby posted a great video when he did his brake pad swap.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #137
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Do you guys have any tips on drying the car off? The spoiler, front grill, and all the ground effects trap water like crazy. I may have to get my leaf blower out next time I wash.
There are so many crevices that I ordered a Master Blaster before I took delivery. It gets all the water out of the grill, lights, rims, brakes, etc. No drips and no worries about bumping the finish since the tip is soft.

MV-MB-3CD - Metro Master Blaster 8hp
https://www.autogeek.net/mema.html

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #138
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Quote:

You called it man...i work for a detailer...ideally you get sone fresh filtered water on there to get off the mineral deposits off and use the blower! Inconvenient but a new leaf blower that is clean and only used to dry....
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #139
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Ceramic coat that bad boy!!
Old 12-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #140
Snagged

Drives: '03 10th Cobra
Quote:
That adds $500 in value.

It's going to make it the rare dealer equipped tint ZL1 with limited edition tint protective covering for the coveted On Star sticker!

But if that is your biggest grippe with the new car, consider yourself lucky, ha.

The tint job looks great though. Nice shade of darkness for it. Did they do 15/20 percent on the sides?

Last edited by Snagged; 12-26-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Snagged is offline   Reply With Quote