Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-20-2018, 04:40 AM   #15
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
Looks Great!!
2010 1SS LS3, Black, 235/250, .621/.615, 114 + 4, Kooks Stepped Headers, 3.91's, Bo White PTB, Flowmaster Mufflers, Cold Air Industries CAI, Apex Scoop & Windshield Washer Relocate, SLP Wheels, Skip Shift Eliminate, Barton Flat Stick, OEM HID/Halos, Dyno Tuned by ECS
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:02 PM   #16
Witt51

Drives: Black 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinedriver View Post
Finally made some real progress on my build. Frankenstein did the heads and I got it all put back together and it's back in the car now. I'm waiting on my ecu to come back with a base tune and I'll be ready to make some noise. I was held up by a set of valve springs i i ordered on black Friday that took forever to ship.
The guys at Frankenstein took good care of me, they actually came by my house to pick up my heads and had them done in 2 weeks. Stage 1 porting, valve job and milled .020.
I'll try and get a video up as soon as I get it running
That looks beautiful man. I have my motor out and looking through after some issues that have came up when It just got rebuilt. I went to a professional and wasted almost 9 grand. They had the car for 9 months. That was a year and a half ago and now I'm healthy enough to go at it. This is my first time doing it but I love it and learning alot. I've had help from multiple people also to guide me. I've found many issues wrong and 900 miles on the rebuild I shouldn't be doing this. I've worked on helicopter for over 15 years so i trust what I'm doing. (that's my rant for when people say have a shop do it. I've tried that and on 11,000 miles I've had to get 2 rebuilds.)

I haven't looked much into low lash cams. I will need to check that out. I wanted to give you props on your build at home and the paint job you have on there. I might try to do that myself. Give me a little inspiration.

Is the low lash harder to set up? I'm curious how this is going to run.

I have a btr2 custom grind cam, shaved heads and ported polished, McLeod clutch (rattle doesn't bother me and drives good)and other supporting mods. I'm not to happy with the tune and cam that was installed so looking for other options.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Witt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:02 AM   #17
greenmachinedriver

Drives: white 2010 ss and 2011 6.2 silvy
The low lash is definitely harder to set up but a mechanically inclined person should be able to handle it no prob. Just very tedious work. I was inspired by a thread on ls1 tech where another guy did it without adjustable rockers. He did a pretty good write up on how he did it. I'm still waiting to get my ecu back and am really ready to see how it runs and what the driveability will be like. I talked to cam motion about mine and they answered a lot of questions I had.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #18
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
cam motion 8620 FTW!
Old 02-24-2018, 02:47 PM   #19
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinedriver View Post
The low lash is definitely harder to set up but a mechanically inclined person should be able to handle it no prob. Just very tedious work. I was inspired by a thread on ls1 tech where another guy did it without adjustable rockers. He did a pretty good write up on how he did it. I'm still waiting to get my ecu back and am really ready to see how it runs and what the driveability will be like. I talked to cam motion about mine and they answered a lot of questions I had.
Nice build my friend!!

Cant wait to see the end result. I saw the same thread and, along with all the other badass llsr builds, it convinced me to go LLSR when I'll be swapping H/C, from the hyd I run now. Gonna keep the stock rockers cause the 1200-1400$ bill for just the rockers is hard to justify and I'd rather invest in something else..

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #20
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You may want to look at what GPI has been doing with rollers versus the LLSR even though their is power to be had relashing is not a option for some of us in say the snow in a car port for our daily driver. I run a 8620 core cam motion cam, used to run the 235/239 cam from TSP it was nice, I would imagine just a stage two would be disappointing with the money you have in it.

Having your heads milled you will want to watch the PTV clearance now with the cam choice, the GPI heads ls7 smallbores different angle for the dangle would have been good but you got what you got and have to work with it and its not ls7 rockers either going 1.8 ratio for a lower lift cam.

Kip at cammotion or some other knowledgeable shop should be able to set you up many use their cores, TICK ETC.... I know my TSP cam always out performed the bench racers and their " Nightfury" as it spec'd out more and my numbers were even on the Mustang dyno. GOOD LUCK pick wisely your cam and the new LOD speedworks intake looks sweet but everything is $$$$, and I would bush the trunnions etc......