Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-30-2018, 07:34 PM   #1
Trike rider

Drives: 2014 ss 1Le
New to camaros

Well hello everyone I Have my first Camaro I have heard I made a bad choice in the 1Le for the drag strip. I entered a roll race event and got spanked by a stock ss and in the finals lost to an Lexus f1. I couldn’t get my mph above 109. I guess my question is one, what are these things supposed to run and two if I do long tube headers and a cai do I have to have a tune. I just want to give it a little more for the next event. Then I will focus hard on traction.
Trike rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:41 PM   #2
2014white2ssrs1le

Drives: 2014 white 2ss rs 1le
That sounds about right...and yes, these cars are for the twisties. You dont "have" to get a tune, but you will be leaving good amounts of power on the table and will have a check engine light on without a tune from the O2s.
2014white2ssrs1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #3
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014white2ssrs1le View Post
That sounds about right...and yes, these cars are for the twisties. You dont "have" to get a tune, but you will be leaving good amounts of power on the table and will have a check engine light on without a tune from the O2s.

+1. That about sums it up. The 1LE is a track killer but they also have better gearing then the SS for the drag strip. Grab a set of long tubes and an intake. Both a great bolt on mods for some easy power. We highly recommend a custom tune. You'll run rich and probably get a cel if you don't. It won't hurt anything though
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 07:24 AM   #4
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
If straight line speed is your thing then the 1le is not a great option. Unfortunately either is the regular SS. The 1le was built for the track and is amazing for it's size and weight.
I knew going into this that my 1le was not going to be a terror in a straight line but damn is it fun to drive. My brother has a built 2017 a10 ZL1 and a new hellcat wide body. The cat is badass while the ZL1 is insane!! That being said I have no problem getting out of his cars and jumping back into mine!!
I love everything about the 1le. I even like the interior. Lol. I think it looks more old school and for me the lack of all the gadgets is even better. The car just feels right. It's veey analog and visceral. Exactly what I wanted. Now I just want 200 more hp!! Lol
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:13 AM   #5
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
If straight line speed is your thing then the 1le is not a great option. Unfortunately either is the regular SS. The 1le was built for the track and is amazing for it's size and weight.
I knew going into this that my 1le was not going to be a terror in a straight line but damn is it fun to drive. My brother has a built 2017 a10 ZL1 and a new hellcat wide body. The cat is badass while the ZL1 is insane!! That being said I have no problem getting out of his cars and jumping back into mine!!
I love everything about the 1le. I even like the interior. Lol. I think it looks more old school and for me the lack of all the gadgets is even better. The car just feels right. It's veey analog and visceral. Exactly what I wanted. Now I just want 200 more hp!! Lol
THIS!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #6
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
The 1LE does NOT have better gears for the strip. The extra gearing provided by the 3.91 rear gear is offset by the track-oriented gearing in the gearbox. On the same tires, a regular SS is about 1 or 2 tenths faster in a straight line than a 1LE.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:44 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah I actually can say my car is a crazy hybird. It is a 2013 2SS with 1LE full suspension and 1LE rear end. With the 2SS 6 speed gearing mine is pretty good on the strip and the track.

Best of both worlds.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote