Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #43
LEADfoot927

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Just when I thought my decision was easy because I couldn't afford the challenger, I got an email for a challenger for 40k. Now it's back to debating which one I'll go for

I would consider slightly used but for the challenger, it'd have to be a 2015 because that's when the interior changed to the much nicer one
The suspension on my superbee was a huge step up from the RT, and consistently pulling 0.9X G's on its built in performance apps supported that. Now a slightly used 11-12 GT500 with the SVT performance Package will be the best all around performance for your budget. Trust me I know
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee/ Reso Delete
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
LEADfoot927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:55 PM   #44
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADfoot927 View Post
I have a hard time seeing a 6th gen 1LE beating a GT350, considering it was developed as a track oriented car aimed at the Z28. The 1LE will just be an add on to an SS.
I said it will give it a fight , not beat it. I'm not sure if Ford can even beat the current gen Z28. They probably first started out with the GT350 expecting it to match Z/28 but that didn't end up well. Hence the GT350 R, two versions of the trim. It's kind of funny.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #45
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
Honestly the 6th gen SS seems to be unmatched by anything else at the 40K range. If you add MRC/NPP on 1ss it will be below 40 or around that. 2ss slighty above. The 6th gen SS is really packing a lot for that price range, that it takes the crown. If the 200lb loss is true, the added hp and torque, improved suspension , better handling , better platform, this will be the king of the street. Mustangs will be bullied, lol.

The 6th gen GT has a nice exterior design, and for some reason mustang fans claim superior interior quality although to me it's just more buttons. Now they can't claim advantage in that department. Performance wise, GM has better technology too. The mustang fanboys are now stacking the base SS against the GT350 lol. A base SS 6th gen with 1LE package will probably take it on let alone the upcoming ZL1 and Z28. But most people don't drive these track orientated cars such as the Z28 and GT350R. What matters is the V8 model, and they know very well GM put that in a difficult position. Now Ford needs to find a way to tune the coyote engine, lol. They might have to put an ecoboost engine in there.

Somebody said the GT350 will be had for 47K, simply not true. At least 60K, probably well near 70. The R model will be marked up for 80-90.

The Mustang has had the performance edge over the Camaro since 2011. I didn't see 5th gen owners sell off their cars for Mustangs. The opposite applies too. Enjoy the car you like and the performance edge it will have...for now. These things don't stand still. Would you feel the 6th gen was inferior if an updated Mustang comes out in a year or two that reverses the roles again?

Both of these cars are incredible performers, it really just comes down to personal taste. Neither car has a big advantage now that they both have excellent chassis', suspensions and interiors. They were already pretty evenly matched in power-trains. You can't go wrong with either one. I don't understand why you guys get so hung up on trying to prove one cars better than the other because of a few pounds or a few tenths. Just look at the M6 forum now that some C5/6 members (who don't even have the balls to use their real screen names) decided to join to "prove the superiority of the Camaro" over there. Nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you you have to hide behind an assumed name to post, you must be pretty embarrassed about what your posting. The same cluster-f#*k happened here a few years ago with the Mustang guys and the result was a lot of bans and hurt feelings.

It's a game with no winners.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #46
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Honestly the 6th gen SS seems to be unmatched by anything else at the 40K range. If you add MRC/NPP on 1ss it will be below 40 or around that. 2ss slighty above. The 6th gen SS is really packing a lot for that price range, that it takes the crown. If the 200lb loss is true, the added hp and torque, improved suspension , better handling , better platform, this will be the king of the street. Mustangs will be bullied, lol.

The 6th gen GT has a nice exterior design, and for some reason mustang fans claim superior interior quality although to me it's just more buttons. Now they can't claim advantage in that department. Performance wise, GM has better technology too. The mustang fanboys are now stacking the base SS against the GT350 lol. A base SS 6th gen with 1LE package will probably take it on let alone the upcoming ZL1 and Z28. But most people don't drive these track orientated cars such as the Z28 and GT350R. What matters is the V8 model, and they know very well GM put that in a difficult position. Now Ford needs to find a way to tune the coyote engine, lol. They might have to put an ecoboost engine in there.

Somebody said the GT350 will be had for 47K, simply not true. At least 60K, probably well near 70. The R model will be marked up for 80-90.
Yea but I'm not looking for a 1SS. I want all the goodies that come with the 2SS. A 2SS with the options I want comes out at 47k. That's WAY over what I'm looking to pay. The GT Premium for Ford comes in well under that. Hell a GT Premium the way I'm looking for it is 37k with their xplan pricing. A 10K difference is way too much to overcome for me.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #47
lscamaro

Quote:
The suspension on my superbee was a huge step up from the RT, and consistently pulling 0.9X G's on its built in performance apps supported that. Now a slightly used 11-12 GT500 with the SVT performance Package will be the best all around performance for your budget. Trust me I know
I know the scat pack has last year's SRT suspension but man that car just feels so much bigger. Like driving a tank that can turn.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:08 PM   #48
LEADfoot927

Quote:
I know the scat pack has last year's SRT suspension but man that car just feels so much bigger. Like driving a tank that can turn.
I felt it drove better than my non 1LE SS. One thing I can say for sure the SRT8 had the best brakes out of any other car I owned, even better then my current one.
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Current ride:
2012 GT500/ 2.3 TVS, Afco Dual pass heat exchanger, Roush Extreme Exhaust: 606 rwhp/ 611 wtq
Old 09-07-2015, 10:14 PM   #49
lscamaro

Quote:
I felt it drove better than my non 1LE SS. One thing I can say for sure the SRT8 had the best brakes out of any other car I owned, even better then my current one.
Were they the 4 piston or 6 piston brembos? I know the current scat pack has 4 pistons in the front and the current SRT gets the 6 piston fronts.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #50
LEADfoot927

Quote:
Were they the 4 piston or 6 piston brembos? I know the current scat pack has 4 pistons in the front and the current SRT gets the 6 piston fronts.
This is straight off of SRT website.

"Braking power for the Super Bee comes courtesy of SRT engineered Brembo brakes with vented and slotted rotors with four-piston Brembo calipers painted anodized black."

BRAKES
Front
Rotor size and type 14.2 x 1.26 (360 x 32) vented and slotted
Caliper size and type 1.73 (44) Brembo four-piston fixed with aluminum housing
Swept area, sq. in. (sq. cm.) 351 (2,261)
Rear
Rotor size and type 13.8 x 1.10 (350 x 28) vented and slotted
Caliper size and type 1.26 (32) Brembo four-piston fixed with aluminum housing
Swept area, sq. in. (sq. cm.) 316 (2,036)
2010 Camaro SS L99
2011 Camaro SS Ls3
2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Current ride:
Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #51
lscamaro

Quote:
This is straight off of SRT website.

"Braking power for the Super Bee comes courtesy of SRT engineered Brembo brakes with vented and slotted rotors with four-piston Brembo calipers painted anodized black."

BRAKES
Front
Rotor size and type 14.2 x 1.26 (360 x 32) vented and slotted
Caliper size and type 1.73 (44) Brembo four-piston fixed with aluminum housing
Swept area, sq. in. (sq. cm.) 351 (2,261)
Rear
Rotor size and type 13.8 x 1.10 (350 x 28) vented and slotted
Caliper size and type 1.26 (32) Brembo four-piston fixed with aluminum housing
Swept area, sq. in. (sq. cm.) 316 (2,036)
This is a very interesting point. I'm going to go try to find a challenger to drive. Even if it's not a scat pack, I'd like to see how it feels again. I test drove it over two months ago so it may be better than I remember. That way I have a fresh basis for both vehicles that I can compare to.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #52
RagingHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain777 View Post
The Mustang has had the performance edge over the Camaro since 2011. I didn't see 5th gen owners sell off their cars for Mustangs. The opposite applies too. Enjoy the car you like and the performance edge it will have...for now. These things don't stand still. Would you feel the 6th gen was inferior if an updated Mustang comes out in a year or two that reverses the roles again?

Both of these cars are incredible performers, it really just comes down to personal taste. Neither car has a big advantage now that they both have excellent chassis', suspensions and interiors. They were already pretty evenly matched in power-trains. You can't go wrong with either one. I don't understand why you guys get so hung up on trying to prove one cars better than the other because of a few pounds or a few tenths. Just look at the M6 forum now that some C5/6 members (who don't even have the balls to use their real screen names) decided to join to "prove the superiority of the Camaro" over there. Nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you you have to hide behind an assumed name to post, you must be pretty embarrassed about what your posting. The same cluster-f#*k happened here a few years ago with the Mustang guys and the result was a lot of bans and hurt feelings.

It's a game with no winners.
I do not have an account at any mustang forums, and as I've said I like the design on the new mustang. I trust GM more with performance, but for the general person, both cars would be very nice. However, in my opinion the 6th gen Camaro will be funner in daily driving, the 5th gen(Which I own) is heavy, doesn't have Cadillac platform or corvette engine(not detuned at least). Combine that with loss of 200lb curb weight, the new SS will be sporty and mixture between pony car(big power) and import car(good handling). So the top cars in the segment for 2016 imo:

1. 2016 Camaro SS
2. Charger SRT8
3. Mustang GT
4. Subura wrx sti

I am not counting the gt350 track oriented car, that will go into other track vehicle segments. But I believe we all agree it seems the Camaro will put on a mixed personality which is a good step forward. It needed it.

As for Mustang, how will Ford outperform the Camaro, what can they do to the coyote engine to get 60lb tq? Turbo it? That would ruin the spirit of the car.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:33 PM   #53
RagingHawk

Quote:
Yea but I'm not looking for a 1SS. I want all the goodies that come with the 2SS. A 2SS with the options I want comes out at 47k. That's WAY over what I'm looking to pay. The GT Premium for Ford comes in well under that. Hell a GT Premium the way I'm looking for it is 37k with their xplan pricing. A 10K difference is way too much to overcome for me.
I understand your POV, it makes sense for you. However, I don't know of any GT premiums going for 37K. Unless dealers are offering several thousand in rebates, I don't know what the X plan deal is.

The problem with 2ss vs 1ss or Premuim vs non-premuim is that I don't care about added gimmicks. I don't want gauges at the bottom of the dash or a hud or a so called 'premuim audio system', neither do I need leather. If I wanted leather I would get a proper luxury car. Cloth will do fine for me. I would get a 1ss with premuim Bose audio(if it actually is decent), interior ambient lighting and that's it interior wise. Then I would include MRC, black gloss wheels. That will come out at about 41K.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:37 PM   #54
lscamaro

Quote:
I understand your POV, it makes sense for you. However, I don't know of any GT premiums going for 37K. Unless dealers are offering several thousand in rebates, I don't know what the X plan deal is.

The problem with 2ss vs 1ss or Premuim vs non-premuim is that I don't care about added gimmicks. I don't want gauges at the bottom of the dash or a hud or a so called 'premuim audio system', neither do I need leather. If I wanted leather I would get a proper luxury car. Cloth will do fine for me. I would get a 1ss with premuim Bose audio(if it actually is decent), interior ambient lighting and that's it interior wise. Then I would include MRC, black gloss wheels. That will come out at about 41K.
xplan is a pricing point that can be attained by donating 50 dollars to mustang club of america. Similar to chrysler's affiliates pricing where you donate 150 to a specific charity (forgot the name of it) and you receive special pricing.

As far as I know, you can't get Bose on a 1SS.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:41 PM   #55
RagingHawk

Quote:
xplan is a pricing point that can be attained by donating 50 dollars to mustang club of america. Similar to chrysler's affiliates pricing where you donate 150 to a specific charity (forgot the name of it) and you receive special pricing.

As far as I know, you can't get Bose on a 1SS.
Where did you read about that? If true, that is a bad move. I personally won't be getting a 6th gen(At least for next 2-3 years), but if I was an consumer, I wouldn't want gimmicks/extra weight for options I don't want/need.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:44 PM   #56
lscamaro

Quote:
Where did you read about that? If true, that is a bad move. I personally won't be getting a 6th gen(At least for next 2-3 years), but if I was an consumer, I wouldn't want gimmicks/extra weight for options I don't want/need.
On the camaro6 forum. Many users are complaining about it. But the bose system is not available on the 1SS