Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-07-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
showmak

Drives: Mitsubishi
Needing your HELP in ordering the CAMARO!!!

Hello Guys,

This is my first post in this great forum and with no doubt I will get your help.

The fact is that I live outside USA and more precisely in the Kingdom of Bahrain in the Middle East. My dream is to get into one of those muscular CAMAROs but for the car to be arrived in my country I think I must be patient enough because it will take time.

I thought why I don't try ordering it from US, but before entering this venture I would like to get help from you. I've visited the Official Camaro Website and in Build Your Own Chevy Camaro I could get the MSRP Total Price. Please refer to the pic attached for the summary output and this is exactly what I am looking for.

Your help is highly appreciated if you help me getting the exact price from any dealer based on the options showed on the pic. I am just assuming that the price from the dealer is different than the Internet.

I am waiting your replies, and as I said earlier for sure I will get your help and this is what I have noticed in this forum a great and friendly communications.

Regards,
showmak
Attached Images

showmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #2
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Showmak, most dealers ARE selling at MSRP price. There are a few greedy ones out there who are charging more, but if you search for a good dealer such as Newman Chevrolet in Wisconsin, they will get your your Camaro for MSRP. That being said, I would have to assume there would be some huge shipping charges on a car being shipped to the Middle East. I've also heard, although not confirmed, that dealers are not supposed to sell to another country.
Anyway good luck, that looks like a great car!
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #3
showmak

CamaroDreams07,

Thank you for your input.
As I heard from a friend who lives in Ohio that the shipping to Middle East is almost $2500-3000. I have to double check. I am not gonna buy the car direct from the dealer where my friend in Ohio will buy it and then ship it, this will be the process.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 AM   #4
showmak

Hello Chaps,

I was told that the dealers are not able to ship the car as new car, it has to be registered in US and then to be shipped as a used car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Therefore, if the car has to be registered, then a tax should be paid, right? and with reference to the MSRP cost which is $41,110, how much do you think will be tax?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
jdbaker82
Banned

Drives: None
Interesting good luck getting one there but I have no idea how you would go about it!
jdbaker82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 03:13 AM   #6
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by showmak View Post
Hello Chaps,

I was told that the dealers are not able to ship the car as new car, it has to be registered in US and then to be shipped as a used car. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Therefore, if the car has to be registered, then a tax should be paid, right? and with reference to the MSRP cost which is $41,110, how much do you think will be tax?
Tax varies by state. I'd say between 5%-10% probably.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote