Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-18-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
kgilley09

Drives: 99 Silverado
Recaro Seats

So I know obviously this isn't something that's gonna be available in the 2012 model ZL1, but I went for a ride in a GTR that one of my buddies owns yesterday and I have to say I LOVE those seats and the way they hold you in place. Anyone else feel that GM should at least make them optional on the ZL1 considering it's being marketed as a street legal race car? I realize for those of us who really like them that we could order them after buying the car and install them ourselves, but I would have to imagine it would be cheaper as a GM/dealer installed option. Guess I'm just hoping that if GM sees enough people interested in something like this maybe they would make it an available option a year or two down the road when I'm hoping to be able to afford the ZL1.
kgilley09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Ive been considering putting recaros in my car. I was searching like crazy on this forum and only found one other post. They have the recaros that are in the cts v available and can fit in our cars, just need some professional work and custom leather to match if you have two-tone. As sick as it would look, feel, and just overall be, i chose to put the funds elsewhere.

Sponsers... Make some custom recaros for our cars as a complete kit with different color leather options. Maybe throw in some embroidery. Could be a good handful or more people interested!
Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post
Ive been considering putting recaros in my car. I was searching like crazy on this forum and only found one other post. They have the recaros that are in the cts v available and can fit in our cars, just need some professional work and custom leather to match if you have two-tone. As sick as it would look, feel, and just overall be, i chose to put the funds elsewhere.

Sponsers... Make some custom recaros for our cars as a complete kit with different color leather options. Maybe throw in some embroidery. Could be a good handful or more people interested!
If they could make them to match the interior, with suede inserts, red stitching, and ZL1 embroidered headrest I would jump all over that. Pathetic GM didn't offer as an option on a car that pull 1G+ lateral acceleration
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
kgilley09

Drives: 99 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeko View Post

Didn't realize that the CTS-V had them available....that's even more reason why the ZL1 should considering 90% of the car is based off the CTS-V. Luke, about how much would we be looking at to drop a set of those in the Camaro based on your research? I think you're definitely onto something with trying to get one of the sponsors on this site to hook us up by wrapping them in different color schemes and/or with some custom embroidering, etc. I would imagine there would have to be some money to be made in doing this, so it would be a win-win situation for everyone in my eyes.
kgilley09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Hess Motorsports posted some pictures of their car with heated and cooled Recaro seats in their Camaro. Maybe they will offer the seat package by itself without the engine and suspension upgrades. But yes, this really should have been an option on the ZL1.
Attached Images

Last edited by OldJedi; 02-18-2012 at 12:45 PM.
OldJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #6
brian-nicola

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Have them in my '12 v and love them.
brian-nicola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #7
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
Hess Motorsports posted some pictures of their car with heated and cooled Recaro seats in their Camaro. Maybe they will offer the seat package by itself without the engine and suspension upgrades. But yes, this really should have been an option on the ZL1.
Good find. Yes hopefully they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Do you have pics?
Old 02-18-2012, 12:57 PM   #8
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian-nicola View Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
I agree, they would be a very nice and functional upgrade for this car.

This is one of those things about GM that I don't understand what exactly they're thinking. Not offering very supportive seats (at least as an option) for a track oriented car doesn't make a lot of sense. Not only does the ZL1 not offer it while its main competitor does, Chevy hasn't offered a highly supportive seat in the Corvette for years, even the ultra high performance Z06 and ZR1. I believe they finally upgraded the seats on the Corvette to something a bit better after many, many years of people trashing the seats that originally came with the C6. I don't get the thought process in not offering a high performance seat in a high performance car, at least as an option, especially when people and reviewers have been complaining about this issue for years.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
Tribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgilley09 View Post
Didn't realize that the CTS-V had them available....that's even more reason why the ZL1 should considering 90% of the car is based off the CTS-V. Luke, about how much would we be looking at to drop a set of those in the Camaro based on your research? I think you're definitely onto something with trying to get one of the sponsors on this site to hook us up by wrapping them in different color schemes and/or with some custom embroidering, etc. I would imagine there would have to be some money to be made in doing this, so it would be a win-win situation for everyone in my eyes.
Ive seen some that were 800-1100 for the manual seats. The ctsv ones are like a 3k option. Yikes. But always more from a dealer. I found this link but havent had a chance to check prices. http://www.seatsource.com/RecaroSeat...8/Default.aspx
Old 02-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #11
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
They would be nice, but we have airbags to deal with and most of the aftermarket seats don't have them. I'd like some more info from someone who's installed them.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #12
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
the recaros r nice, but i sat in a boss 302 yesterday, and in MO, bucket recaros would be the best. not only cool looking, but performance oriented as well
c4maroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #13
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This something I have not understood at not having the option either. Especially since they now have them in the cts-v. Although I am not sure I would pay 3k. So maybe they are not that stupid ha ha.

On a zr-1 or zo6 seats like this should be standard IMO.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:44 PM   #14
piepouli

Drives: 04 gmc/ zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
those seats are a must have. How much are they worth & would they mount in the zl1 without any mods
piepouli is offline   Reply With Quote