Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #29
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourage View Post
Guess I missed that one. I've seen the threads on the eccentrics and was waiting to see what I could get done with the alignment first.
I know it feels a lot better than it did before the alignment.
I may have upset a few neighbors as I was driving around the round-about just down the road.

Looking at hitting the track for the first time this weekend.
Drag or roadrace?

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:38 PM   #30
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Road and maybe some 1/8 mile.
http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/2006/default.asp
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #31
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
anyone have specs for eibach pro plus kit?? a pm with them would be great!! thanks
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #32
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss-rs
Need a little help. Put on Pfadt trailing arms. Also have there lowering spring and sway bars. Before I put on the trailing arms had the front end alignment without any problems. Now went back to the same dealers and they tell me that the passenger rear is out of alignment. They got the drivers rear in psec but cant get the passenger due to the eccentric bolt is all the way out. Does this make any sense?
Pfadt rear tie rods
Pfadt rear trailing arms
Pfadt rear lower control arm reinforcement bracket
Kooks Long tube headers and high flow cats
Airaid Cold air intake
Magnaflow catback exhaust
Mti short throw shifter
Jannetty tune
Silver Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #33
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice View Post
Need a little help. Put on Pfadt trailing arms. Also have there lowering spring and sway bars. Before I put on the trailing arms had the front end alignment without any problems. Now went back to the same dealers and they tell me that the passenger rear is out of alignment. They got the drivers rear in psec but cant get the passenger due to the eccentric bolt is all the way out. Does this make any sense?

Yep, I could believe that. I had Eibach springs installed on 10/25/10 at Rodgers Chevrolet (thanks again Becky, Gerry and Joe). While reading some more about alignments tonight I went and got my print out to refresh myself on what I have vs. what others are reporting. My rear passenger side is within spec. -0.6. However, the drivers side was at -2.7 before they started the alignment. The best they could get was -1.8. I plan to leave it for now while I decide if I want any further changes to my suspension stuff.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #34
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hey everyone! This is a great idea to get a thread together with everyone's recommendations. Below is an image of a downloadable PDF on our website, with our recommendations for various alignment settings according to end-use. Please let us know if you have any questions at all!

Here is a link to the PDF: Alignment Settings

Ok, I hope to not sound dumb, but are these numbers for total Camber or are they for each side individually??

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:24 AM   #35
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Ok, I hope to not sound dumb, but are these numbers for total Camber or are they for each side individually??

Thanks.
The numbers will be for each corner, respectively. No worries at al, glad we can help.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:18 PM   #36
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
The numbers will be for each corner, respectively. No worries at al, glad we can help.
Thanks!
Can you recommend good alignment numbers for the rear only that would be best for drag racing? I want the tires to get the biggest possible contact patch when the rear squats off the line.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #37
jsharp
NOW CAMMED & SUPERCHARGED

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black w/ IOM
I am about to install rear cradle inserts,trailing arms, and non adj toe rods. I also had my car lowered about 5k miles ago but did not time bushings. So I need to time the bushings as I will be getting another allignment after all of this. I need more specific diagrams showing the bolts that need to be loosend for timing. I did see the torque specs for bolts but not sure if that shows the ones I need to time. My car will have factory rear tire size with 1'' eibach drop, rear cradle inserts, trailing arms and non adj toe rods. I do not wish to spend money on essentrics. Could you offer me recommendations for allignment for street use and good tire wear but performance as possible with this setup?

This is a diagram of my allignment when I went in to have it done after spring installation and then how they corrected it at the bottom.
Livernois Motorsports: Maggie 2300 7psi, Livernois 2C cam/L99 to LS3 Conversion, Ported TB, Rotofab w/adm race scoop, adm trans cooler,Kooks headers no cats, Kooks 3" exhaust. METCO breather. Precision 2400 Vigilante TC. Eibach Lowering Springs & Swaybars. BMR Trailing arms, BMR Rear Cradle Bushings, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Differential bushings. Vossen CV3 20's w/ 305 Mickey Thompson @25psi. Zl1 front bumper. OE Zl1 Hood and matte black insert. 556RWHP/500RWTQ L99

Last edited by jsharp; 01-16-2011 at 04:10 PM.
jsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #38
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Ok I have a question for PFADTS, I just the 1" drop springs and was wondering are the alignment spec you posted for street use recommand for best tire wear or mix of performance and tire wear but still good wear.
Cuz I just aligned it and set it to be in spec with the alignment machine we have in the store for the Camaro, is that still good specs for wear?
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #39
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
anyone have the alignment recommendations for EIBACH PRO PLUS kit ? I have a V6 RS, mine seems to be hitting something because I hear a popping noise when going over bumps, even at low speeds, taking it back to shop this weekend but need some more info to make sure they do it correctly this time. Thanks

Last edited by leonardo; 02-02-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: added info
leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #40
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
anyone have the alignment recommendations for EIBACH PRO PLUS kit ? I have a V6 RS, mine seems to be hitting something because I hear a popping noise when going over bumps, even at low speeds, taking it back to shop this weekend but need some more info to make sure they do it correctly this time. Thanks
The first thing to have them check are the endlinks. They can appear to be tight, but still make noise. Make sure they double check them.

Alignment Specifications are user dependent. Allow me to ask a few questions.

1. Are you more interested in long even tire wear or handling?
2. Is this your daily driver?
3. Do you take your 5th Gen to the track?
4. What is your RWHP?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #41
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
The first thing to have them check are the endlinks. They can appear to be tight, but still make noise. Make sure they double check them.

Alignment Specifications are user dependent. Allow me to ask a few questions.

1. Are you more interested in long even tire wear or handling?
2. Is this your daily driver?
3. Do you take your 5th Gen to the track?
4. What is your RWHP?
1. Handling
2. Yes daily driver
3. No track days ( dont have time :( )
4. 265

Had the car aligned twice already but the squeak still sounds anytime I hit a bump and it gets really annoying at some roads with uneven pavement cause all I hear is squeak squeak squeak ....... is it possible that maybe the new shorter spring it hitting something since the stock shocks are longer ?
Old 02-15-2011, 08:37 AM   #42
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
1. Handling
2. Yes daily driver
3. No track days ( dont have time :( )
4. 265

Had the car aligned twice already but the squeak still sounds anytime I hit a bump and it gets really annoying at some roads with uneven pavement cause all I hear is squeak squeak squeak ....... is it possible that maybe the new shorter spring it hitting something since the stock shocks are longer ?
Squeaks -- Not to be a ssmart axx, but I just replaced a set of Eibachs with Pedders Supercar Coilovers. The coils used an unusual wrap that is similar to heat shring tubing. I don't recall if it was on both the front and rear coils. The wrap is there to eliminate coil pops. It iss possible your squeak is coming from the plastic tubing rubbing against the same material on a lower coil.

Next Step -- Check all four coils and identify which coils have wrap. Spray the wrap with silicone spray. This is a test. If the noise goes away when the coilo wrap is soaked with silicone we know where the problem is. Give it a test and please report back here.

We'll get to alignment as soon as we sort the squeak.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote