Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-29-2018, 06:49 PM   #71
Doin It For Dale

Drives: Bald Eagle,
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I have to agree with this for the most part.

The car does not need to be, and should not be smaller. I think it would be a mistake. We aren't wanting a BRZ with a V8. As said above, (aside from keeping the amazing performance/handling from the 6th gen) what needs to be on focus is making the most of the available space. Add an inch or two back to the rear seats. Add an inch or two to shoulder space. Lower the beltline an inch or two if possible.

The educated guess says the next Camaro will ride on the Alpha II platform, which I think will underpin the future CTS. Maybe this alone will allow for a slightly roomier (5th gen in terms of space) interior. Yes, I know this is a Camaro...I don't expect it to have the same kind of room as the current Challenger. If the car is to grow, then hopefully they can keep the weight the same or very similar.

The 5th gen was maybe a bit large in my opinion...maybe not, but the real culprit was weight. If that car had weighed a bit less, it would have been very difficult to complain.

Guys wanting a 3,400 lb SS, but with the same size we have now or larger....it ain't happening.

The only thing that could possible change that is if the car went to the Omega platform, but that is too expensive.
Looking at the dimensions, much of the 6th gen's weight savings came from the smaller dimensions. I think that you're correct in saying that a larger Camaro SS won't weigh 3,400lbs. Maybe it's time for the Camaro to get an aluminum frame... or lose the back seats
Doin It For Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #72
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
My guess for the hybrid: 6th gen, not 7th. 2021 Z28 drag pack with 6.2 N/A out back and a 200 hp front end electric motor. 10s factory stock. $80k starting MSRP. The challenge will be weight and where to put the battery (probably the bottom 4” of the trunk). It will be the GT500 killer.
Not sure why they would put a drag pack on a car that has always been designed for road racing. The GT500 killer will be the Ford dealerships charging 20k to 30k over sticker price .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:44 AM   #73
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
2023 ...http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/futur...vrolet-camaro/
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #74
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
that means the awesome looking camaro6 on the market 3 years and the awful unfreshed...let's call it 6.5 on the market 4 years.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:15 AM   #75
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Hopefully by then they will get that flowtie out of the bumper and back up into the grill where it belongs.
I agree
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:20 AM   #76
Bosse'sBoss

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Thanks for sharing
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
Old 12-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #77
Bosse'sBoss

Thumbs up

Hopefully on the new redesign, we could have better rear seating space, better placement of the central A/C vents, improved 360 vision and a improved design as good at it was the silver concept of the 5th. gen Camaro was.
It was a big surprise for everybody when we saw that amazing design for the first time, I believe it was during a '06 autoshow.
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera

Last edited by Bosse'sBoss; 12-21-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #78
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Quote:
Originally Posted by YARBIE 1 View Post
Who cares I love my 17 2SS and the next Gen model won't look anymore kickass so I'm good.
Awww... welp, Who cares
JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #79
Snowbird12

Drives: 2017 2 SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
Nope it will not.. but it is very close.. The GEN6 is the best driving Camaro to date and right with the Corvette in many ways. I know several Corvette owners that now own a Camaro SS.. Me being one of them I owned Corvettes for 20 years and found that I was ready for a muscle car again after test driving the new SS.
I like the Camaro SS better than the 2010 Grandsport I sold
Snowbird12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #80
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Corvette sales dropped in half when the Camaro5 came out. not a coincidence in my opnions. i've seen a lot of posts from people that went back and forth between the two cars.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #81
dotbowels

Drives: Convertible RS 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
I just hope the Camaro survives long enough to build the gen 7. With the 2019 update, sales might tank to the point where they discontinue the Camaro altogether.

Some people claim the new model is growing on them. The more I look at it the worse it gets. I just keep asking myself what they were thinking.

If I screwed up this big at my job I’d be looking for new work.
FuglyName:  4A48F47E-35C9-4863-89D4-FFDD1FA4B54C.jpeg
Views: 329
Size:  124.6 KB
dotbowels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:24 PM   #82
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Meh, I kind of like the new tail lights. But hate the front end on the 19 SS. At least they didn't screw up the ZL1 with the new front end.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:12 PM   #83
sf70h

Drives: 17' 2SS Camaro A8 Vert NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
Corvette sales dropped in half when the Camaro5 came out. not a coincidence in my opnions. i've seen a lot of posts from people that went back and forth between the two cars.

This was me. I was sold on the C7 stingray vert, but being 6-4 I thought it was uncomfortable (I just want a car I like - not concerned with status!). The dealer was like have you sat in the new camaro? The comfort tied w/ similar performance in a SS vert for like 20k cheaper was a no brainer!
sf70h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:55 PM   #84
JR455

Drives: 2SS
Ridiculous

These are the type of exchanges that make me seriously shake my head. Why do so many Corvette owners think that it's an anomaly if someone likes a Camaro better than a Vette? I love the Vette for it's history and styling, but yes, yes I actually love the Camaro more. But in saying that I do not need to put down the Vette in any way. There are many aspects of the Camaro that I absolutely adore and are unique to it. I remember playing with Hot Wheels when I was young and daydreaming in class, drawing the outline of the Camaro. I could have purchased a Vetter, but chose the 6th gen Camaro because it has that special something that appeals to me. That aggressiveness, that muscularity, those curves and lines with an attitude that means business. There is nothing that lights that fire in me like this car, except maybe the Aston Martin Superleggera.

It really is no different than you drooling over Charlize Theron and me drooling over Beyonce. Two totally different looks, but both fantastic to the eye of the beholder. Loving one does not make the other any less than the other, it just means you have different taste. Some of you Corvette owners need to get over yourselves and understand that just because you love your car, doesn't mean everyone has to. There are tons of Ferrari, BMW, Acura and other owners whose heart skip beats when they walk into their garage. You obviously experience that same feeling when you gush over your Vette, the same as I do with my Camaro.

So can we all just grow up and agree to let each other love what we love?
JR455 is offline   Reply With Quote