Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-02-2018, 06:52 PM   #1
Strange Flavor

Drives: 17 Fifty SS, 11 2SS, 91 LSX C1500
E2 Elite Catch Can Install Question

Installing E2 Dual port catch can / clean side cap with Rotofab intake and I'm trying not to drill any holes in the tube. It's the sound tube delete version so it doesn't have the sound tube tie in. Anyone see any issues with T'ing off the clean side separator hose (connected to the black box coming off the Intake tube) instead of "drilling as close as you can to the throttle body"? I'm not sure what the function of the black box is but looking at it this hose should pull a vacuum at WOT, correct? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Strange Flavor; 03-02-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Strange Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
MAGAUSA

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 1LE
Conceptually that sounds right, but I have the rotofab with STD and the E2 (single port). I don't recall the black box remaining after installing the RF.
MAGAUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #3
Strange Flavor

The instructions tell you to take it off the old tube and put it on this one. The only issue I can come up with is if there is a check valve in the black box, I'll have to pull it off and check. Also shot Elite an email so I will see what they say.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
MAGAUSA

If you have the stock intake, and take out the sound tube, then you may have an opening there (recalling it is on the top of the stock tube between the airbox and the TB) to mate the second elite hose. If you use the RF replacement tube, which may be required to fit, then you other things to consider. My understanding is Elite uses the second intake so that cc is working during throttle applications.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #5
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I've got the E2 single port also. I'm thinking this is sufficient with Chevy's "clean side" stock catch can... and I caught a good bit of gunk with my E2 on the " dirty side" until I installed my GM CAI. Then there wasn't room next to the air intake.

Now I've installed a Borla 60606 and don't think I need the sound tube any more and might be able to create a good spot to re-install my E2 with the tube deleted.

Anyone have a good spot and suggestion for the proper bracket to re-install my E2?

Thanks in advance and pictures are always worth a thousand words!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:58 PM   #6
MAGAUSA

Yes. Use the sound tube bracket that connects to the block along with the circular bracket that comes with the E-2. Provides plenty of room and front of the engine placement to easily dump the can using the ball valve. I'll try to find a link.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:05 PM   #7
MAGAUSA

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495557

Scroll down for the picks. I used the L shaped black bracket along with the silver circle bracket that came with the E-2X, and mated this with the sound tube bracket, using one of the two bolts that go into the block. It hasn't moved in many months, no need to re tighten, works great. Only thing is to add heat shield tape ( I doubled up) for the coolant line that the can may sit against. You could slide the can lower, but it's then harder to reach to dump the can.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:22 AM   #8
Strange Flavor

I heard back from Elite, here is the response:

The second outlet gets its suction from the Venturi Effect, that is the air flow past the barb so it creates the suction needed for evacuation when accelerating or at WOT.

So it sounds like I should probably Just drill the hole and place it there, Don't know if whatever suction is provided from the PCV Box will actual do anything.

On a Side note, I'm curious about what shoving a barb in the intake tube does for performance. If people spend money and time porting intakes and throtlebodies so that they are as smooth as possible, what kind of effect would this have? The answer is probably little to no effect but I'm curious.
Old 12-25-2018, 07:22 PM   #9
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I know this a fairly old thread, but I have the same question.... I got an Elite E2 dual outlet catch can AND a Roto-Fab Sound Tube Delete for Christmas. I already installed the Roto-Fab. I know where to connect the primary inlet/outlet on the catch can (by removing the small U-shaped hose at the “neck” of the intake manifold. But are there any other good options for the secondary outlet connection? I really don’t want to drill a big-ass hole in my brand new Roto-Fab tube!!! There’s gotta be a lot of people out there with this set-up, what are my options? Thanks in advance....
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 01:01 AM   #10
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
it has to be as close to the throttle body as possible. drilling is the only way to make it work.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:13 AM   #11
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
it has to be as close to the throttle body as possible. drilling is the only way to make it work.
Dang, that sucks!!! Oh well, thanks for letting me know.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:49 AM   #12
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
You don’t have to drill a hole for the second port you can tee off the single RotoFab port that goes to the clean side.
Part# T4-6BN

Also a quick video to help.

https://youtu.be/aRp3tymOXzo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 09:52 AM   #13
blazzin1

Hmmm...very interesting! Thanks for the info TMS!
Old 12-26-2018, 10:51 AM   #14
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
Hmmm...very interesting! Thanks for the info TMS!

Your welcome. If you decide to go the route of the Tee then PM me with your address, and I’ll drop one in the mail for you. I have extras.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote