Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #29
sstampa

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitwhitess View Post
Did you pay through pay pal ?

Yes

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, tuned by Fasterproms 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison, 540 rwhp, 1100 rwtq.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
The seller shipped my item via greyhound express this past Friday, and I was suppose to receive it yesterday. All I know is, I have read very bad reviews about greyhound shipping (i.e. people never receving their item, or getting it severly damaged). I hope I do receive this item, and when I do I will post pics. I would also appreciate it if the moderators could repost this thread to the way it was orginally posted. The seller claimed that he was selling a GFX kit that was not installed, and in good condition.

I usually don't like spending this much money with buyers that are not local. I have been wanting a GFX rear diffuser though and let the impulse get the best of me. Right now I am still hoping to receive my item in good condition, but after hearing SStampa's experience it sounds less likely.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
sstampa

Here are a bunch of pictures. The first one is from the seller sent this morning via text. Not sure if it was the picture used in the ad (before being deleted)

You can see the 3/4" holes drilled and the rivet holes drilled. I don't know if I just didn't realize this when I decided to buy this (since it was advertised as new). The next picture below is of the same side of the piece at the dealer body shop, also shows the 3/4 holes and rivet holes. I never opened the package before giving to the dealer since I didn't want anything scratched or scuffed during transit to increase the cost of paint prep.

Here is how it should look, with no holes (found this pic on the internet). The installer drills the holes based on cross marks molded into the piece. For me this is an issue since I'm replacing an existing GFX piece and the holes in this one don't line up with the holes in my front end (along with other issues shown in other pictures below).

3/4" holes clearly drilled with a hole saw (per instructions), further showing this is a used piece.

Some shots of the underside of the piece that show the holes drilled and the fact that some of the 3M tape has been "used", along with scuffing and the biggest problem of all (last pic), which is the rivet/holes in the front peak area that aren't even supposed to be there. This is not part of the installation instructions.

rivets in front peak area (not supposed to be there!)

Scuffing.

So I think I've establish beyond a shadow of a doubt that this piece is a used take-off and not new, uninstalled as advertised. I hope the seller will realize this and refund my money. I have no problem shipping it back (at seller's expense).

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, tuned by Fasterproms 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

Old 07-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
Cali Cam82

Drives: Black SS/RS M6
Damn....when I first messaged you, I was hoping I would get some good news that everything arrived as stated. Good luck getting your money back, will post when/if I recieve the items.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #33
07BMW335iGuy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
I just spoke with Zbyte about his side skirts on the phone and he said he received the side skirts as described. Cali Came82 your more than welcome to call me, I was hoping you would have received your item by now so you could vouch for me. Zbyte said that he would. Still waiting to get a picture of the front diffusers side by side. Just dont know how you didnt open up the diffuser when you received it to verify that it indeed is what you ordered. I've havent avoided you and have spoken with you on the phone numerous times. I am not a shady person and we will get to the bottom of this. Also don't appreciate you not emailing me the pics like you said you would, instead you blast fraud all over the forum.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
sstampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BMW335iGuy View Post
I just spoke with Zbyte about his side skirts on the phone and he said he received the side skirts as described. Cali Came82 your more than welcome to call me, I was hoping you would have received your item by now so you could vouch for me. Zbyte said that he would. Still waiting to get a picture of the front diffusers side by side. Just dont know how you didnt open up the diffuser when you received it to verify that it indeed is what you ordered. I've havent avoided you and have spoken with you on the phone numerous times. I am not a shady person and we will get to the bottom of this. Also don't appreciate you not emailing me the pics like you said you would, instead you blast fraud all over the forum.
So what does not opening the package at the Greyhound station have anything to do with this? What if I had and found out then? I had already paid you and the package was sent. The fact that the dealership opened it first and found it? Are you still questioning that the dealership did something shady? The very picture you sent me this morning shows the holes in the piece. Those holes don't exist on new pieces, which I also provided n example pic of. Please, someone else chime in that knows these kits. The holes for rivets and the 3/4 holes are drilled by the installer, not the manufacturer. Those are evident in YOUR picture, not just mine. \

As for sending you a pic of my GFX front diffuser next to yours? How the heck can I do that. It's still installed on the car. My car is all painted Red Jewel Tincoat, including the GFX kit. I'll find a pic of my car and post that, showing the GFX kit. I can't believe you still think I'm trying to scam you. I'm not questioning whether or not you knew if the piece you sent me is new, only that it isn't new. I've proven that. And you did advertise a NEW GFX kit. Why did you delete the post stating that? And the picture?

Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #35
sstampa

and one more thing - do a search on my user name and see all the parts I sold a few months ago. Not one complaint on the condition of the item, how it was advertised, packaged, or received. That should tell you that I am a stand up guy.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #36
sstampa

Post #60 of my ECS Blower build thread has a video of my car on the dyno. The front and side pieces of the GFX can clearly be seen. They are red, not argent gray like the piece you sent me (argent gray is the color GFX come painted from the factory).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=291555&page=3

Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #37
Zbyte

Drives: 2SS/RS 1LE LS3 Blue Ray 07/09/2013
Hello Guys
I bought and received GFX side skirts in new condition as advertised.... I can't speak for the rest of the parts but want to get this info out here so ya'll are aware.
It did not come with installation hardware but I figure if I am careful removing old skirts I can reuse that hardware. I know that doesn't necessarily work for the other parts.

Joel
Mods CAI intake, VMax throttle body, Elite catch can, Dual mode exhaust wireless switch, ODBII wireless engine monitor, 1LE cowl emblems, Anvil spoiler, GM GFX Side skirts painted, Carbon fiber front/ZL1 rear splash guards, XPEL Clear Bra, Rear trunk and bezel blackout, Silver gill decals, mail slot scanner;
Upcoming Mods Window tint 35/20%, footwell, cupholder & Dash ABL, Hill assist delete, Airbrushed hood liner/engine cover/fuse box; headers;
Home at last!

Closed Thread