Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #1
Sensitive

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS Black
2012 Camaro LS Suggestions?

So I got a 2012 Camaro LS (Black) last month still has OEM wheels and etc.

What do you recommend I change or should have to get the best out of my ride?
Sensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
A catch can.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #3
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
A catch can.
Anything else like headlights or the outside?
Old 06-15-2017, 05:57 PM   #4
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Intake & exhaust are always good places to start.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:34 PM   #5
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
So true to the original 5th generation design. Those are the only black wheels I like
and the unmolested body is just pure 5th Gen as the Camaro was first designed.
Personally I wouldn't change a thing. I bought the fully loaded 2 SS because I
could. They are dime a dozen. An original base 5th Gen are few and far between.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:56 PM   #6
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Intake & exhaust are always good places to start.
Now the problem is knowing which runs louder for the exhaust and which to choose from
Old 06-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #7
Sensitive

I had another question, what will make my car get much louder ? What do I need to add on or change?
Old 06-15-2017, 10:57 PM   #8
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
You have an llt engine it will definitely like being fed super gas over the regular and the timing will advance to take some what advantage of it the car will run smoother and a little stronger. you want to definitely put some seafoam through her as she gets a bit of carbon in her I definitely got a lot of mine when I had a 2011 llt nice car man
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 PM   #9
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
You have an llt engine it will definitely like being fed super gas over the regular and the timing will advance to take some what advantage of it the car will run smoother and a little stronger. you want to definitely put some seafoam through her as she gets a bit of carbon in her I definitely got a lot of mine when I had a 2011 llt nice car man
Yeah I figured super gas will be doing that, was wondering where do I put the seafoam through?

ALSO for anyone know what exhaust to add-on or what should I go to switching it to make it run smoother?
Old 06-16-2017, 04:03 AM   #10
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Depends on how loud you want to go.
Yours is a 2012 right?
If so you have the lfx motor. Can't do headers as there integrated into the heads. So that leaves you with high flow cats x pipe resonator delete and mufflers.
Dont go with flow masters you will get unbearable drone and the lfx has a nasty high pitch rasp to it 7000+ rpm does not help with that lol.
Magnaflow axel back or catback system is normaly good.
I dont know what CAI to recommend as I dont believe in cold air intakes. (ask in a private massage for those who want to argue)

A good x pipe for your exhaust should kill some rasp and give you a nice loud tone
Throttle body spacer 80 mm throttle body and a tune should give you some performance more sound. And a CIA will give you a good indication sound up front
Im trying to peace together my own exhaust system got a nice euro sound going so far
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 05:46 AM   #11
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I bought a used 2013 LS that had the muffler delete and that was too loud and raspy. Put axleback MagnaFlow Ovals on it with chrome tips and now the neighbors like me again. They (mufflers, not the neighbors) sound angry when I get on it but have a nice soft drone between 2-3000 rpm when I'm just cruisin'. Might do hi-flow cats and x-pipe some day but I'm satisfied for now.

Next was a Cold Air Inductions CAI. I bought a used one for the LFX and felt it made a perceived difference, both with richer sound and on my buttometer so I purchased one new. I do have the used one for sale at http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496193 if interested.

Got an Elite catch can; not sure about all the hype but it is catching some oil so might be worth it.

There are a lot of IOM's in my area and Ive been accused of riding around during the day when I was supposed to be at work so I got some black perforated vinyl off Amazon and tinted my tail lights and added a couple vinyl strips at the bottom of the doors and blacked out my bowties so now it's just different enough so I'm not guilty until proven innocent.

Painted my fusebox and engine cover and have fog lights but haven't installed them yet.

Final thing, maybe, will be replacing the steel wheels. I like the look so am having a challenge finding after market aluminum wheels that have the same appearance ... kind of the old school look. Or maybe I'll just get some used and have them powder coated. Still a work in progress.

Those are some of the things I've done or you can just leave yours alone and enjoy it.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #12
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Magnaflow axel back or catback system is normaly good.
I dont know what CAI to recommend as I dont believe in cold air intakes. (ask in a private massage for those who want to argue)

A good x pipe for your exhaust should kill some rasp and give you a nice loud tone
Throttle body spacer 80 mm throttle body and a tune should give you some performance more sound. And a CIA will give you a good indication sound up front
Im trying to peace together my own exhaust system got a nice euro sound going so far
Looking for something louder looks like what's on the car is strictly OEM stock or even lower just changed the brakes on it last week because they weren't sport, ordered the disks but might need to get bigger for brembo calipers which aren't on it. Going to get a cold air intake than a catch can, not sure what you mean by tune? Sorry new to the Camaro scene still!
Old 06-16-2017, 07:02 AM   #13
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
I would wait until you installed a new intake and exhaust before you worried about getting tuned. I recommend Magnaflow products (x pipe, oval mufflers). I had a muffler shop make me a custom cat-back with MF parts and love it.

Also may want to look into the JacFab intake spacer / Overkill ported throttle body.

Also - definitely recommend catch can ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:07 AM   #14
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
I would wait until you installed a new intake and exhaust before you worried about getting tuned. I recommend Magnaflow products (x pipe, oval mufflers). I had a muffler shop make me a custom cat-back with MF parts and love it.

Also may want to look into the JacFab intake spacer / Overkill ported throttle body.

Also - definitely recommend catch can ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Well I put in 1k miles on it since I got it last month, it has 71,xxx now.