Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #15
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Buy a catch can. Its the best $150 you can spend for a DI motor if you plan on keeping this car a while. Probably a good idea to Seafoam or walnut blast your valves to clean the buildup that has already accumulated as well. Start with as close to a clean slate as possible.

I have 24k on mine and Im planning on running the shit out of it to 200k plus.

These are good motors that will last if taken care of properly.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:03 AM   #16
Sensitive

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Buy a catch can. Its the best $150 you can spend for a DI motor if you plan on keeping this car a while. Probably a good idea to Seafoam or walnut blast your valves to clean the buildup that has already accumulated as well. Start with as close to a clean slate as possible.

I have 24k on mine and Im planning on running the shit out of it to 200k plus.

These are good motors that will last if taken care of properly.
Checked Advanced Auto Parts & some others but they don't have a catch can.
Sensitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:06 AM   #17
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
A catch can.
You know this made my day!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 AM   #18
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
Elite Engineering makes a quality one thats not too expensive.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:48 PM   #19
Sensitive

Just ordered some Amazon ones for $50 price for now so I can get one asap.. looked everywhere to get them same day and nobody had it. It'll do for now.

Going to seafoam my calves today when I get someone to help me.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #20
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by privatedummy View Post
Just ordered some Amazon ones for $50 price for now so I can get one asap.. looked everywhere to get them same day and nobody had it. It'll do for now.

Going to seafoam my calves today when I get someone to help me.
What did you order for 50 bucks? I don't think the calves are going to like being seafoamed to be really honest but good luck with that .
Old 06-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #21
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
What did you order for 50 bucks? I don't think the calves are going to like being seafoamed to be really honest but good luck with that .
Whys that? Was told it'd be good to get rid of the carbon that's probably built up in there, could help with performance
Old 06-17-2017, 05:06 AM   #22
Sensitive

Bumping this to ask about the Gorilla Lug Nuts (anti-theft) are they all the same keys if I bought for the 4 wheels (4 lugs every set) ?
Old 06-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #23
OlePhu
Oldskool

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Unless they're baby sea cows

Quote:
Bumping this to ask about the Gorilla Lug Nuts (anti-theft) are they all the same keys if I bought for the 4 wheels (4 lugs every set) ?
I was wondering the same thing a while back and called Gorilla. 20 packs of Locking Lug nuts are available using the same key but I'd suggest contacting them to get the correct part number and then you might be able to order off of Amazon or Summit Racing or some other distributor. If you buy 4 5-packs, you're probably going to get 4 different keys.

Last edited by OlePhu; 06-19-2017 at 05:39 PM. Reason: to add Gorilla
OlePhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:42 PM   #24
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Whys that? Was told it'd be good to get rid of the carbon that's probably built up in there, could help with performance
Check the spelling next time . It's Valves . You typed calves. Simple mistake that I was trying to have fun with.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:03 PM   #25
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlePhu View Post
Unless they're baby sea cows

I was wondering the same thing a while back and called Gorilla. 20 packs of Locking Lug nuts are available using the same key but I'd suggest contacting them to get the correct part number and then you might be able to order off of Amazon or Summit Racing or some other distributor. If you buy 4 5-packs, you're probably going to get 4 different keys.
Thank you, I'll call up Gorilla but don't have their number (ill just message through Amazon as that's where I was gonna buy them anyways!
Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 PM   #26
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
If that was my car, I would definitely put a catch can on, then I would focus on brakes, suspension and wheels and tires.
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:42 PM   #27
Sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
If that was my car, I would definitely put a catch can on, then I would focus on brakes, suspension and wheels and tires.
Bought a catch can, purchased brembo calipers and pads, going for rotors than going to get the dustshield trimmed once I find the right rotors. About to buy RS 2016 wheels with the rims.