Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
bonner23

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
17 weld rts

Looking to buy rear wheels for the track. What do i have to change for this size to fit my 14 ss?
bonner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
At a minimum, it would be a good idea to change your rear lower control arms. The recommended 17x10 in Weld RT-S wheels have been known to contact or rub the OEM rear lower control arm. That is why Weld recommends using the BMR TCA028 non-adjustable LCA's (for lowered cars only), or the BMR TCA029 adjustable LCA's with these wheel. Other than that, you will just need to tie back your emergency brake cables to prevent them from rubbing on the wheels too. Personally, I would upgrade the trailing arms to the TCA033 to give them a little more clearance too, but you can probably get away without doing that if you choose to.

And since you have the FE4 suspension, you will most likely need to shave down the head of the factory end link bolt for the rear sway bars too. I've seen a couple guys do that as well because the clearance is so tight.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
bonner23

Drives: 2014 camaro ss
Thanks for the info. Looks like i get to order more parts.
bonner23 is offline   Reply With Quote