Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-27-2016, 08:18 AM   #29
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
While the easier method of using body filler and "pounding out the dent" will be a lot cheaper in there estimate of course because they "all state" feed you BS, and you have the right to get quality work done...they will leave you with bad advice, bad estimate ,bad work, and absolutely nothing for compensation for now driving a wrecked vehicle that was improperly repaired....Bottom line is you have a right to be made whole with a new quarter panel and money for the loss of value. Up here in Oregon I would take it to Leifs auto collision center who would negotiate with the insurance for me to make sure I am made whole as Diminished value will increase with a shoddy repair so hey talk to the insurance and say hey so I have talked to X about diminished value and they say your going to owe me a big fat check for a shoddy repair job versus a whole new quarter.... SO fix it right or I will get my three estimates you have to accept and take the car to who I want who will be the most expensive and will cost you, and Please spare me the BS I am not a idiot....... And no matter what you better get some depreciation money they would sweep that under the rug. Lawyers and insurance.... two very unpleasant things to deal with.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:23 AM   #30
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Thank you everyone for the advice, I set up an appointment with 3 body shops this upcoming Thursday (March 3rd) to get estimates done.

The only reason I was so confused was because Allstate told me I had to work off of their estimate if I took it to a separate bodyshop, and I thought I was screwed at that point, so thank you very much!!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 03:17 PM   #31
JacekPSUr1
2013 1SS in IOM

Drives: 2013 1SS
I've had my quarter panel dented pretty good when I got read ended, and I originally thought they'd be replacing the whole thing, but they actually cut the new panel over the door and weld it together, which kind of sucks. They did a good job on mine, but I know where the weld is since I'm so anal about my car. It sucks Chevy decided to have this whole panel as one piece. When you go to the shop, ask them exactly how they're going to replace it!