Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 08-11-2015, 07:12 AM   #1
ISurvivednmu

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Shop Organization & Labeling

I have been on a kick of getting everything organized in my shop. I have a ton of car parts and boxes full of other items than what the boxes are labeled as.

I need to get a label maker and I am stuck between a $40 Brother or going all out to a $100 dollar Brady.......

There is nothing out there about the Brother but I did find an article about the Brady. http://www.workshopaddict.com/tools/...label-printer/

There is also a video.

Have you guys used any of these or have suggestions. It is not a lot of money either way.
ISurvivednmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
I have not used either of these but other than the initial cost for each machine you might want to consider the cost and ease of finding replacement consumables like the label paper and ink cartridges. When possible I try to buy things that I can source consumables locally so I don't have to rely on Amazon all the time. Sometimes it's unavoidable and the cost savings is just too good not to order the consumables online but it is nice to have the convenience of buying consumables at your local office supply store on short notice.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
1LEMan

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro RS/SS
Ive owned and used at least 3 models of Brady. All good stuff. Local electrical dist will have them on hand and the label cartridges.
1LEMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Get one of these DYMO's.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce0...c6f2d9c.v1.jpg

I've had one for years and it's still going strong. They're pretty cheap and you can get the refills almost anywhere. They even have several types of label material to choose from.

Just my 2 cents.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 12:41 PM   #5
ISurvivednmu

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I ordered the Brady and I really like it. I am having a hard time typing fast on it because the keys are in alphabetical order.
ISurvivednmu is offline   Reply With Quote