Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-10-2020, 01:29 PM   #43
Sxren_Camaro'13
SEAHAWKS FOR LIFE!!

Drives: '13 Mod Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Get some wider tires, turn the nannies off. Problem solved.

Its how I beat a stock 6th gen SS...

His car was still spinning when I hit second lol...
oh ok
Old 02-10-2020, 01:53 PM   #44
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickspeedSS View Post
I am surprised too from what I’ve read, I should have enough to keep it under control. I am planning on goin to a one piece driveshaft and will definitely look into the cradle and differential bushings. I feel like the rear suspension is relatively soft just from how it rocks back under throttle. Haven’t spent much time in a independent rear suspension so I couldn’t really get a feel for what might be rigid or not versus a straight axle car. I will have to throw a few clicks of compression in it to see if it settles it down any.
For drifting I think you want it pretty stiff and low. Not that I am a drifter. but if the suspension is soft on compression when it hooks it will allow that tire to be sent upwards easier, then break traction when the weight comes off, tire back down, grip, repeat. Higher tire pressures might help a little too not sure what you are running at. Harder compounds you will also want for longevity, that will also reduce the traction and in turn reduce possibility for wheel hop.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 03:34 PM   #45
sickspeedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
For drifting I think you want it pretty stiff and low. Not that I am a drifter. but if the suspension is soft on compression when it hooks it will allow that tire to be sent upwards easier, then break traction when the weight comes off, tire back down, grip, repeat. Higher tire pressures might help a little too not sure what you are running at. Harder compounds you will also want for longevity, that will also reduce the traction and in turn reduce possibility for wheel hop.
Yeah I think I’ve got a combination of things going on right now I need to address. I’m running a Goodyear F1 tire at usually around 30psi. They are pretty aggressive on the tread pattern and probably offering to much traction. I’m gonna have to throw some different compounds on another set of wheels and see what I can come up with. I’ve been talkin to a guy from Texas that drifts a 5th gen. I’m just about the same on ride height but he’s running stiffer spring rates and custom valved shocks on the rear. I’ll be doing a little more studying to see if I can find a balance with the parts and shocks I have now.
sickspeedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 04:08 PM   #46
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
First i would probably increase your pressure to 45. Just that might make a good difference. Lower pressure gives you a larger contact patch. Or start with shock settings Try one thing at a time though so you know what makes the difference. At first do a large adjustment, if it gets worse you know you went the wrong way. Just how i approach things and my opinion. Again i'm no pro
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 10:45 PM   #47
RobZL1
fo'shizZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Finally had a dry weekend to flash my car and go out for a test. The car is a COMPLETELY different animal. If you want to see exactly what your car has to offer, follow the steps detailed in this thread via tune profile. I am surprised how much was being held back from a power delivery standpoint which I find to be positive. Negatives are, I do have some serious wheel hop issues that were obviously what were causing the system to react before I disabled it. But from a obvious stance on disabling the traction control via tune, RobZl1 was spot on. This thing will blow the back tires off from 35 mph in 2nd gear just from stabbing the throttle. With that said, if you’re not experienced in dealing with an unleashed system and don’t wanna end up embarrassed on YouTube or 1320 wound up in a fence leaving your buddy’s house or a car show I would scroll on past this thread. However if you like to chase the rear end of a car and like ruining back tires in some parking lots in Mexico, this is the traction control setup you want.
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! What rear end and axles are you running? If you already have all the deflection minimized, then your only real remaining options to tune out wheel hop are first axle diameters and then possibly tire compound, right?

Past Rides-
2014 ZL1 M6 Red Hot | Tons of mods
2004 CTS-V M6 Silver | Many mods
1995 Corvette M6 Torch Red | A few more mods
1992 Camaro M5 White | A few mods
RobZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #48
sickspeedSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
Awesome! Glad it worked out for you! What rear end and axles are you running? If you already have all the deflection minimized, then your only real remaining options to tune out wheel hop are first axle diameters and then possibly tire compound, right?
Thanks!! It definitely worked lol! Just gotta deal with the wheel hop situation. Rear differential case (3.91 gear set) and axles are stock. I have kept my eyes open for a ZL1 center section/axles. I think I will look at doing solid bushings and throw some harder compounds on my other wheels for now. It had a pretty aggressive auto cross setup on the car when I bought it. I had a 4 wheel alignment done which took all the crazy camber and toe angles out for the street. I never knew why it stumbled so hard going in to 2nd gear til now. Wheel HOP lol. I just want to find a better balance. This wheel hop thing caught me off guard compared to my experiences with the 4th gen cars.
sickspeedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 05:41 AM   #49
LuckySave

Drives: Gen5LFXfi
Quote:
I have the max torque set at 8100 (is that correct?), TCS methods are all disabled. Can you explain a little more on how to max the in gear max torque? Is it under TORQUE LIMIT VS RPM/MAX TORQUE?? If so set them to what?? Go in and max each gear??
I'm still learning, and very much a noob, but I just read something in the HP Tuners help forum that cranking up the torque values will result in a drop of fuel pressure at the rail. Is this true? Is there a way to counter it if it does? I had noticed my fuel sending units voltage was regulated at 11.5V in the system tab, so I have bumped up the table to 14.6V across the board. Is any of that factual?
LuckySave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 06:34 AM   #50
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote