Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 PM   #113
Detoxx03
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Drives: 2008 Corvette
I drove on 7,8, and 9's with no issues. The right tuner can take care of it. Non projected tip plugs are the way to go for boost and nitrous.

D1SC Procharger 932/758 on E85
A Futral Motorsports Creation
https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic
Detoxx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #114
SRT10KLLR

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxx03 View Post
I drove on 7,8, and 9's with no issues. The right tuner can take care of it. Non projected tip plugs are the way to go for boost and nitrous.
Agreed.

I am running on B8EFS's right now without issue. Hell I went to the titty bar last night then sprayed on the way home, lol. What did I spray

I golf and pros and friends always tell me how I am not swinging correctly and yada yada yada. But, I don't care if I am doing it wrong cause that is how I will continue to swing my club it feels natural to me.
SRT10KLLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #115
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I will start researching this. I'd like to learn for myself all the do's and dont's for plugs.

There's always a good, better, best for everything.

I had the TR6's in an ls2 spraying 200 and it drove like stock around town. I'd agree that it can be done.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #116
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
Agreed.

I am running on B8EFS's right now without issue. Hell I went to the titty bar last night then sprayed on the way home, lol. What did I spray

I golf and pros and friends always tell me how I am not swinging correctly and yada yada yada. But, I don't care if I am doing it wrong cause that is how I will continue to swing my club it feels natural to me.

So Jim Furyks swing is the conventional golf swing? Id expect a little better from you. There is more than one way to go about things. You are aware of this, correct?

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 08-18-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #117
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
I am running 9 and check plugs after every pass as well as this is the only true way to read each cylinder and adjust accordingly
Old 08-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #118
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Agree 100%
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #119
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
It is Pretty funny to me how everyone is SO hung up on the plugs as being the the problem or would have prevented the Problem but that is not the case at all.

When a cylinder leans out this bad there is no spark plug in the world that would have prevented this.

What all of you are not taking in to consideration is that once a fire starts your not going to put it out even if you take the spark away completely.

The combustion process at these lean of a mixture Don't need spark to continue to ignite and burn.

Did any of you see the piston, and actually Read it, The plug was the least of the damage, it survived quite well considering the blow torch that was running down the side of the piston.

I have prevented the Throttle from closing as part of Rev limiter function so this will not happen again.

We are also adding a window switch, which traditionally we never use on such a small Kit.

I got this guys.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:53 AM   #120
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
It does look like then when the car hit the limiter hard, the tb closed and forced the nitrous to pack up in the intake tube. When the tb opened back up all the nitrous ran in and was dumped in the first two cylinders it found.
Sounds like you need to go to a direct port nitrous setup!!!...spray in after the throttle plate AND spray a LOT MORE

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #121
SRT10KLLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It is Pretty funny to me how everyone is SO hung up on the plugs as being the the problem or would have prevented the Problem but that is not the case at all.

When a cylinder leans out this bad there is no spark plug in the world that would have prevented this.

What all of you are not taking in to consideration is that once a fire starts your not going to put it out even if you take the spark away completely.

The combustion process at these lean of a mixture Don't need spark to continue to ignite and burn.

Did any of you see the piston, and actually Read it, The plug was the least of the damage, it survived quite well considering the blow torch that was running down the side of the piston.

I have prevented the Throttle from closing as part of Rev limiter function so this will not happen again.

We are also adding a window switch, which traditionally we never use on such a small Kit.

I got this guys.

Ted.
I don't think anyone believes the spark plugs caused the engine failure just that it would be a good idea to switch them. As you said you could have been running B9EFS's and it still would have blown.

What caused the problem was probably not using/having a window switch and/or WOT switch. Both of which would have deactivated the nitrous when the car closed the TB after it bounced off the rev limiter.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:12 PM   #122
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT10KLLR View Post
I don't think anyone believes the spark plugs caused the engine failure just that it would be a good idea to switch them. As you said you could have been running B9EFS's and it still would have blown.

What caused the problem was probably not using/having a window switch and/or WOT switch. Both of which would have deactivated the nitrous when the car closed the TB after it bounced off the rev limiter.
Or not allowing the Throttle to shut as part of the rev limit function.

When we are going this fast We all learn stuff every pass.

Hind Site is Always 20/20

We just need a Crystal Ball to Predict the Future.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #123
SRT10KLLR

Quote:

Ted.
Agreed. Yeh, that too. If the TB had not closed the N2O would not have puddled. I would still use both the electronic WOT and window switches just to be even more safe. TAPS & window switches can be had for like $100 so why not get them.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #124
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
I have 2 Crystal Balls but one is always in the shop and the other on is never working right I just can't figure it out!!!!!

Quote:

Ted.

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #125
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Hopefully the wheel spin is cured and its business as usual. If it is the car should fly.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #126
Chris82xx
Make your peace with God!

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS M6 Convertible
Hopefully you get the right spark plugs......j/k

I don't feel like reading through all the pages, but what are you doing as far as the motor?
ECS base supercharger (NOVI 1500SL), ECS AlKY control kit, 92mm TB, ARH 1 7/8" LT's non-catted, Borla 3" exhaust, ID850 injectors, Squash fuel system, ECS Big Blower Cam, MGW short throw shifter, DSS 1000hp axles, LGW differential cover, billet caps, Tech AFX heater hoses, Pedders differential bushings, Eaton TrueTrac differential, PRC dual valve springs, Katech C5R timing chain, ATI balancer, Meilings oil pump, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Pfadt Tie Rods, Pfadt Sway Bars, Pfadt End Links, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft

811RWHP/719RWTQ

UNDER MAJOR OVERHAUL!!
Chris82xx is offline   Reply With Quote