Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-12-2017, 06:25 AM   #29
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquawkVFR View Post
If you really want to get to the nitty gritty....

The 10-13 are the best looking ones. They really went downhill after that.
I really like the front of the 14 15 and the rear of the 10 13. But anyway, GM went a little more retro with the 14 15. I think they did the cars in the wrong sequence. It supposed to be 14 15 then 10 13.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #30
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
I really like the front of the 14 15 and the rear of the 10 13. But anyway, GM went a little more retro with the 14 15. I think they did the cars in the wrong sequence. It supposed to be 14 15 then 10 13.
The front of the 14 and 15s are not very retro imo. The 10 to 13 front ends look great. The narrow headights on the 14 and 15 just dont do it for me
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #31
Chevy Runs Deep

Drives: 2015 BLK 1SS LS3 M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Its a sports car over there dont ya know.
Wrong! It's a SUPER CAR
Chevy Runs Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:15 AM   #32
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Runs Deep View Post
Wrong! It's a SUPER CAR
You guys need to go and test drive a 6th gen Camaro I think the 5th gen's are great cars they are truly muscle cars they're big heavy and Powerful and you can feel it when you ride in them when you drive them and when you Corner in them. I came from a 4th gen 2002 Camaro Z28 stripper with a 6-speed Hurst shifter into a 5th gen V6 auto and I could not believe how heavy that car was I did not have an SS so I cannot compare it to a SS but I can say I was not happy with that car and I kept it for just a couple months and sold it back to the dealership at a loss when I place my order in the factory for the 2017 V6 manual. I just got the 2017 runs a lot like my 2002 Z28 it's light it can Corner well and the V6 runs about as fast as the LS1 zero to sixty in five seconds and this is from a guy that owned both. I think that the 6th gen is a good successor to the fifth generation Camaro. It is a Fantastic car building on top of a fantastic car the war should be with the Imports not the different generations of Camaro. It is the same as the 4th gen I love that Beast seems a lot of guys have issues with it I just sold mine a year ago it had 39000 original kilometers on it which is maybe twenty thousand miles the thing was an absolute rocket I don't know what guys were driving in 2002 but I guarantee you I was faster. The 4th gen deserves no hate at all and neither does the 6th gen.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #33
HeavyIOM

Drives: 2010 SS, 2000 Pontiac Formula
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't think any of these cars are suitable for kids. If I had kids, I would never put them in a Camaro. These cars are cramped enough as it is. I would use my SUV for the kids. Plus, in the event of an accident, do you really want your child in the back seat of ANY Camaro?

I doubt the prices will drop any time soon unless you get a used one with some good mileage on it. The 6th Gen ZL1 is really a phenomenal machine. The handling, power, overall performance, etc, no other vehicle can give you everything the ZL1 will give you for anywhere near the price.
I disagree! I have had no issues getting my kids in or out or issues with them having enough room back there in any of my 5th gens or any of the Mustangs Ive had including my current S550. Well in the event of an accident i wouldn't really want my kids in any seat of any vehicle not just the Camaro.

A used one would be what i would be after is i decide to get one, just for the simple fact that i wont pay 40K+ for a Camaro. I probably wont though i prefer the 5th gen fort he reason stated in my other post. I agree the ZL1 is a bad machine GM hit a home run! but again i wont pay 40K+ for a Camaro let alone the 60-70K for a ZL1 even though bang for your buck compared to other cars its a bargain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Agreed. It's an excuse for married guys to have a nice toy without the wife yelling at him so he says the kids will fit and the wife buys into it but sooner or later none of it will matter when divorce happens and she gets the house, kids AND the Camaro.
Not true my wife loved the 5th gens, and two kids 8 and 3 fit in the car just fine with no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
You guys need to go and test drive a 6th gen Camaro I think the 5th gen's are great cars they are truly muscle cars they're big heavy and Powerful and you can feel it when you ride in them when you drive them and when you Corner in them. I came from a 4th gen 2002 Camaro Z28 stripper with a 6-speed Hurst shifter into a 5th gen V6 auto and I could not believe how heavy that car was I did not have an SS so I cannot compare it to a SS but I can say I was not happy with that car and I kept it for just a couple months and sold it back to the dealership at a loss when I place my order in the factory for the 2017 V6 manual. I just got the 2017 runs a lot like my 2002 Z28 it's light it can Corner well and the V6 runs about as fast as the LS1 zero to sixty in five seconds and this is from a guy that owned both. I think that the 6th gen is a good successor to the fifth generation Camaro. It is a Fantastic car building on top of a fantastic car the war should be with the Imports not the different generations of Camaro. It is the same as the 4th gen I love that Beast seems a lot of guys have issues with it I just sold mine a year ago it had 39000 original kilometers on it which is maybe twenty thousand miles the thing was an absolute rocket I don't know what guys were driving in 2002 but I guarantee you I was faster. The 4th gen deserves no hate at all and neither does the 6th gen.
Performance wise the 6th gen is light years ahead of the 5th gen for sure. The styling and interior room are where it falls short IMO.

The 4th gens deserve all the hate! lol The 4th gen TAs hold a special place in my heart, but i still know they were junk cars lol The engine is really the only thing in those cars worth anything. 10 bolt sucks, 4l60/t56 sucks, interior sucks, quality sucks, but damn they look good and are fun to drive!
HeavyIOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #34
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Runs Deep View Post
Wrong! It's a SUPER CAR
Uhhhh....no. Go over and read what the members are posting about how they own a "sports car" I didnt make this shit up.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:35 PM   #35
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
This is turning into a whole left Twix/right Twix ordeal.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:11 PM   #36
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Without going into looks (highly subjective anyway), the 6th Gen beats the 5th Gens in every measurable category. The 6th Gens are;

- Faster 0-60
- Higher Top Speed
- Quicker 1/4 mile
- Faster in Slalom
- Higher Lateral G's in Skidpad
- Shorter braking distance

The new chassis is just awesome.

Of course, you could mod a 5th Gen to run toe to toe with a stock 6th but it won't be cheap to do it right. It all depends on what you want to stare at in your driveway at the end of the day and what you're willing to spend. I'll keep my 5th which I am very happy with.

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #37
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
Without going into looks (highly subjective anyway), the 6th Gen beats the 5th Gens in every measurable category. The 6th Gens are;

- Faster 0-60
- Higher Top Speed
- Quicker 1/4 mile
- Faster in Slalom

Of course, you could mod a 5th Gen to run toe to toe with a stock 6th but it won't be cheap to do it right. It all depends on what you want to stare at in your driveway at the end of the day and what you're willing to spend. I'll keep my 5th which I am very happy with.

Scott
Toe to toe?
Old 05-12-2017, 03:32 PM   #38
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
The front of the 14 and 15s are not very retro imo. The 10 to 13 front ends look great. The narrow headights on the 14 and 15 just dont do it for me
I was referring to the rear not front narrow head lights. I like the mean look in the 14 15 and not the conservative look on the 10 13.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:55 PM   #39
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post

- Faster 0-60
- Higher Top Speed
- Quicker 1/4 mile
- Faster in Slalom

Scott
I doubt it would take a whole lot of money to keep well ahead of a 6 gen .
The one thing the 6 gen don't have is the LS3 , I would take the LS3 any day over the LT1 . No sound tube necessary either .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #40
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
The one thing the 6 gen don't have is the LS3 , I would take the LS3 any day over the LT1 . No sound tube necessary either .

Name:  IMG_2121.PNG
Views: 1714
Size:  116.6 KB
Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #41
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
I was referring to the rear not front narrow head lights. I like the mean look in the 14 15 and not the conservative look on the 10 13.
Oh i get you.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 PM   #42
naikaidriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
It's possible that you and I have different interpretations of what constitutes "a whole lot of money"

Also, I would say that your point of view could be a little skewed since you are starting with a '14 1LE. There's massive difference between the handling of a '10 2SS and a '14 1LE.

To get my car to keep up with yours on a racetrack is nearly a $5000 investment in gears, wheels, tires and suspension alone. To keep up with a 6th gen the difference is even greater.

Scott
Diablo T1000 with Phastek custom tune, K&N Intake, Hurst Short-Throw Shifter, Flowmaster, Outlaw II Exhaust, BMR 1" Lowering Springs, BMR 3-way Adjustable Anti-Roll Bars, BMR End Links and Reinforcement Brackets, BMR Trailing Arms, ZL1 wheels, Nitto NT555 G2 Tires, Z28-style Rear Spoiler, Hawk Plus Brake Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote