Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 PM   #15
Macfolk
J.T.

Drives: Camaro 2SS w/RS package, Imp. Blue
My wife, kids, and neighbors look at me funny, saying things like, "You'll wash the paint off." I love every minute. I even use an electric blower to get the water out of the panel gaps and such as a part of the drying process.

Like anything, if you keep up with it, it is not only easier but a pleasure to enjoy every day when you look at your nice, clean ride.

Enjoy!

Jason

Love this car!
Macfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Took me an hour and a half just for wash and dry today, no polish, wax, etc... It does take time!!
yeah patience is a virtue. I need to purchase that Adam's detailing cart that's movable. Cause sitting on a bucket then floor back to bucket threw my back out of wack.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:54 PM   #17
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
If you are OCD like me, then yeah it will take a long time. But I love taking my time cleaning her and waxing and detailing. making a whole or half day out of it. the more you maintain her the less you have to do in the long run. Like CAM2011 said, drinks, sun and relaxation. definitely Camaro Theropy
Old 04-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #18
Macfolk
J.T.

Drives: Camaro 2SS w/RS package, Imp. Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPNBY View Post
yeah patience is a virtue. I need to purchase that Adam's detailing cart that's movable. Cause sitting on a bucket then floor back to bucket threw my back out of wack.
I have an old, cheap office rolling chair lowered to its base setting for rolling about the lower panels and wheels. It looks goofy, but I don't care. I'm doing a labor of love.

Jason

Love this car!
Macfolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #19
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Oh man, did you remember to clay first? Guess you'll have to start all over.
Come on man-why you trying to bust my balls (pause). I actually washed, then clayed, then washed the car again. I'm just new here, not forgetful. lol !!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #20
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfolk View Post
I have an old, cheap office rolling chair lowered to its base setting for rolling about the lower panels and wheels. It looks goofy, but I don't care. I'm doing a labor of love.

Jason
I hear ya J. What ever gets the job !!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #21
caliguy
Don't ask to pop my hood!

Drives: it's loud.......
5-6 hours here, black is a pain, doing my bro-n-laws mini cooper today, i hate washing brake dust specialy trying to get deep inside the rims and behind the spoke
Limo tint rears, 35% sides | B&G lowering springs | BowTies Blacked out | Red Footwells|Dome Light|Kicker 500Watts-Amp-Kicker 12" Ported Sub=BOOM| Stillin Splitter |Pssst 100 shot| 13.36 @102.7 @LVMS |
caliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
ActNup NY

The heading says "General discussion" I thought this was general discussion about detailing. Guess I was wrong because it seemed like they moved my post now. Somebody must hate the new kid on the block. Don't worry eventually I'll get it right. lol !
Old 04-15-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Wink

Don't forget the "Armor All" ....
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #24
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznls View Post
Don't forget the "Armor All" ....
Thought the wife had enough in her car so I took the can. When it was all said and done I went to go for the can....... Guess what nothing !! Dugh !!!! lol !! I see I can no longer share cleaning products with the wife. I need my own as she needs hers. lol !!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Seven hours today just for a hand wash, clay, fine machine polish with Porter Cable, super sealant... I still have to glaze and Americana Wax tomorrow plus dress the tires and touch up the engine bay. It's beyond an obsession!!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:41 PM   #26
ActNup NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Seven hours today just for a hand wash, clay, fine machine polish with Porter Cable, super sealant... I still have to glaze and Americana Wax tomorrow plus dress the tires and touch up the engine bay. It's beyond an obsession!!
Sh&t !!! Had I had know I would have asked you to do mines while your at it. lol !! I also have to do the fine machine and wax as well tomorrow. This time I'm starting at 8am hopefully I'll finish alot early that way I can cruise around and show off a bit. lol !!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #27
rb

Drives: silver '11 2SS LS3
Your time line sounds about right to me. I've done the Adam's complete paint correction, polish, and machine sealant twice now. Both times I spent about 30 hours total to do the job. Started on a Friday night after work, full days Saturday and Sunday, and finished up working on it after work each night Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It is a lot of work, but you will be glad you took the time to do it right. Your car will be beautiful and you will have the satisfaction of a job well done.
rb is offline   Reply With Quote