Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-28-2018, 02:16 AM   #1
Camchevy

Drives: None
Light issues

2013 Camaro 2ss
My passengers side front blinker is out, the center console plug port doesn’t work and drivers side tail lights and side marker light are out. Does anyone know what the problem is? I replaced all the bulbs and still nothing.
Camchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 03:33 AM   #2
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Check your fuses
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
Camchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
Check your fuses
Checked them that doesn’t seem to be the problem either.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:51 PM   #4
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I wouldn't think they all share the same harness so harness corrosion or critter chewing can probably be ruled out. Given what you've already tried my guess it's the BCM acting up.
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #5
Camchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
I wouldn't think they all share the same harness so harness corrosion or critter chewing can probably be ruled out. Given what you've already tried my guess it's the BCM acting up.
It’s under warranty so I brought it to the dealership today and they said it could be from usuing a wrong bulb. Could that cause the BCM to act up like it is? The light usually go off for a couple days then back on but this time it won’t go back on.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camchevy View Post
It’s under warranty so I brought it to the dealership today and they said it could be from usuing a wrong bulb. Could that cause the BCM to act up like it is? The light usually go off for a couple days then back on but this time it won’t go back on.
I wouldn't think a wrong bulb would cause all the disjoint problems you've had nor cause th BCM to go bad. Did you replace ANY bulbs BEFORE you starting having problems?

What light usually goes off for a couple days then back on but this time it won’t go back on?

Did the dealer replace any bulbs ?
Old 08-28-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
Camchevy

Quote:
I wouldn't think a wrong bulb would cause all the disjoint problems you've had nor cause th BCM to go bad. Did you replace ANY bulbs BEFORE you starting having problems?

What light usually goes off for a couple days then back on but this time it won’t go back on?

Did the dealer replace any bulbs ?
No I replaced the bulbs that were out the second time it happened. And dealer tried to charge $900+ to go through and change all the bulbs so I told them not to touch it.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:00 PM   #8
Camchevy

And the passanger side front blinker, the center console charging port, and both drivers side tail lights and side marker light go off and on from time to time
Old 08-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #9
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Hmmm....I might lean towards rodents chewing through wires. Last year my gas gauge went out and found out rodents chewed through the wiring for it. Otherwise maybe battery going out?
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #10
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camchevy View Post
And the passanger side front blinker, the center console charging port, and both drivers side tail lights and side marker light go off and on from time to time
Don't think it's the battery as I think you'd be having other problems ( dash warning lights, lights flickering, reduced power mode, etc) but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked. Check your battery grounds too ( trunk and engine) bad grounds can cause all sorts of funky things. If they check out ok I think then it's the BCM ~$500 new/installed and programmed by dealer
Old 08-29-2018, 12:38 AM   #11
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Did you buy it brand new?
Reads like a flood victim.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #12
Camchevy

Quote:
Don't think it's the battery as I think you'd be having other problems ( dash warning lights, lights flickering, reduced power mode, etc) but it wouldn't hurt to have it checked. Check your battery grounds too ( trunk and engine) bad grounds can cause all sorts of funky things. If they check out ok I think then it's the BCM ~$500 new/installed and programmed by dealer
Sounds good thanks for the help
Old 08-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #13
Camchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
Hmmm....I might lean towards rodents chewing through wires. Last year my gas gauge went out and found out rodents chewed through the wiring for it. Otherwise maybe battery going out?
Okay thanks for the help
Old 08-29-2018, 11:52 AM   #14
Camchevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Did you buy it brand new?
Reads like a flood victim.
No bought it with 32,000 miles from a guy in north jersey with clean car fax. Problem started to happened on the first really hot day of summer. 95+ degrees don’t know if that plays a part.