Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
usafboy

Drives: 2010 Silver SS/RS LS3
Question about tuning back to stock

Question, what's the easiest/cheapest way to go back to a stock tune? I had my car dyno tuned back when I lived in Arkansas but I'm looking at trading it in, and if I decide to, I'd like to pull everything off and have it returned back to stock before turning it into a dealer.

I don't have a handheld tuner so I can't flash it back myself. What's the best option?
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Rhino79 Dyno tuned...405 HP/399 TQ
usafboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
It depends on the tune that you have. If its IPF you need the IPF tuning module, or if it is Trifecta you need the Red cable and a laptop. Like I said it depends on the tune you have, and who it is from will determine what you need to return it back to stock.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
usafboy

It was dyno tuned by Ryan at GPI in Arkansas. I don't know exactly what program he used.
Mods...so far: resonator/muffler delete, tinted everything, '13 shift knob/boot, bowtie delete, PFADT sway bars, CAI intake, Hurst short shifter, JBA cat deletes, BMR trailing arms/outer bushings/steering rack bushing, Bo White ported TB.
Old 04-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
The easiest and cheapest way is to do nothing. Looking at your mods below, you basically have an aggressive stock-ish tune that will work with stock setup just the same. Also, if you are trading in, then you can let the dealer know and they can flash back to stock.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
usafboy

Yea that's a good point. Might not be trading it into a Chevy dealer so I don't know if they an flash it or I'll have to go to one nearby and just have them do it ahead of time.