Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-11-2016, 09:01 AM   #1
onegoofydad

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
My Chemical Guys Blacklight Results

I recently got my car just a couple weeks ago. But the previous owner obviously used nasty drive through car wash brushes. There was fine scratches on certain areas of the car, general black car scuffs etc.
I decided to try Blacklight before I went through an entire paint correction routine as it wasn't that bad.
The results are better than expected. I will say there are certain areas like the top of the rear bumper and a couple spots on the doors that are simply going to require some paint correction.
Overall I give this Blacklight 2 thumbs up.

I washed, Clayed the car, washed again, dried, then did blacklight and cleaned any remaining haze off with the Hybrid VO7 detail spray. It worked out well.

I made a quick video of the results.
onegoofydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #2
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Blacklight is an excellent glaze. I get about a month of durability out of it when topped V7.

My car sits outside 24/7, so a garaged car may get longer.

Whenever you decide to use a machine to polish it, I think you would really like this product.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:17 AM   #3
onegoofydad

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
Blacklight is an excellent glaze. I get about a month of durability out of it when topped V7.

My car sits outside 24/7, so a garaged car may get longer.

Whenever you decide to use a machine to polish it, I think you would really like this product.

Awesome. Thanks. I'll check it out
onegoofydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoofydad View Post
Awesome. Thanks. I'll check it out

I should have thought to add in my post, when you do get around to paint correction, I have a 32oz bottle of Essence 1/2 full, I could send you 4oz of it. It's good until 9/17/17. Just send me a PM whenever you get ready to correct. It shouldn't take long to get to GA from NC.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegoofydad View Post
I recently got my car just a couple weeks ago. But the previous owner obviously used nasty drive through car wash brushes. There was fine scratches on certain areas of the car, general black car scuffs etc.
I decided to try Blacklight before I went through an entire paint correction routine as it wasn't that bad.
The results are better than expected. I will say there are certain areas like the top of the rear bumper and a couple spots on the doors that are simply going to require some paint correction.
Overall I give this Blacklight 2 thumbs up.

I washed, Clayed the car, washed again, dried, then did blacklight and cleaned any remaining haze off with the Hybrid VO7 detail spray. It worked out well.

I made a quick video of the results.
Looks great! Big fan of Blacklight, great glaze.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote