Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #15
SkunkJunk420

Drives: camaros
DUDE!!! i had sold it to buy my dad and i trucks (chevy 1500 ltz's) but its about to be on now!!! got a brand new 2013 2ss rs black on black m6
SkunkJunk420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #16
SSx2JAMES

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS + 2010 Camaro SS
i'm interested as well. my coworker has one also. james
SSx2JAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:19 PM   #17
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I'm right around the corner and interested too...
Old 02-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
so u the austin guys always hangout at cabelas every saturday night?

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #19
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
I'm interested if an Austin chapter forms.

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #20
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
These are some more names I run into from time to time: SJAIKMAN, HappyPappy, WE485, SILVER TURTLE, NUTRO...Can't count on Robert (SSE 4 2SS) 'cause he's not around most of the time (-: The post y'all saw is probably from a big metal float in the middle of the ocean somewhere.

Heh Robert: was just down at Corey to pick up my Vette and he still doesn't have your motor. He's going to have to work his a** off to get you ready for the Texas Mile.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #21
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
so u the austin guys always hangout at cabelas every saturday night?

I try to go out there once in a while. The last few times, I didn't see too many 5th gen so I stopped going. The first step may be getting together Saturday evenings at Cabelas to get to know each other.

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #22
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
These are some more names I run into from time to time: SJAIKMAN, HappyPappy, WE485, SILVER TURTLE, NUTRO...Can't count on Robert (SSE 4 2SS) 'cause he's not around most of the time (-: The post y'all saw is probably from a big metal float in the middle of the ocean somewhere. Nailed that one you did... I am on a big metal cork out in the ocean...

Heh Robert: was just down at Corey to pick up my Vette and he still doesn't have your motor. He's going to have to work his a** off to get you ready for the Texas Mile.
Yup, he is.. We decided to go another route for the pistons and this was due to them being in stock... They are custom made J&E pistons... bit more expensive, but damn, I need a motor back ...NOW.... They've had it since November...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #23
Happy Pappy
Sam & Marsha

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
These are some more names I run into from time to time: SJAIKMAN, HappyPappy, WE485, SILVER TURTLE, NUTRO...Can't count on Robert (SSE 4 2SS) 'cause he's not around most of the time (-: The post y'all saw is probably from a big metal float in the middle of the ocean somewhere.

We were at Cabelas last night along with 3 other 5th gens, 3 1st gens and a couple of 3rd gens. Saw Turtle and Naomi out with the 45th. Not a bad turn out for the first week in Feb.

We, like Robert, are members of the SanAntonio Camaro Club but would certainly join in with an Austin group if it got going.
Happy Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56 PM   #24
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Damn it!! I was going to go last night, but everytime I go, no one is every there. I work every other Saturday and weather permitting, go on my off Saturdays. If I know some of you out there would go, Id be there!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #25
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Yup, he is.. We decided to go another route for the pistons and this was due to them being in stock... They are custom made J&E pistons... bit more expensive, but damn, I need a motor back ...NOW.... They've had it since November...
Im assuming you told Corey I wasnt happy with my tune. He got a hold of me on here, and he said he'd try and fix it. Going up next Monday. Hope it turns out better!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:08 AM   #26
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Im assuming you told Corey I wasnt happy with my tune. He got a hold of me on here, and he said he'd try and fix it. Going up next Monday. Hope it turns out better!
I hope it does work out for you. Maybe I'll run into you at Cabelas one Saturday... Looking forward to meeting you...

I gotta hear that rump rump cam...

Corey is a good guy and really does care about his customers... If it's possible, he will make it right...

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #27
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Hell it prolly sounds like a little 4 banger next to your car! Lol! I've been dying to hear your car since I found out you live in Kyle. Looking back I really short changed him but was just really pissed. I'm not expecting it to drive stock, but I know it has a lot better manners than it does when it left the shop. I have to work this Saturday, but can go up next Saturday if anyone is interested.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #28
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 376LS3 View Post
Hell it prolly sounds like a little 4 banger next to your car! Lol! I've been dying to hear your car since I found out you live in Kyle. Looking back I really short changed him but was just really pissed. I'm not expecting it to drive stock, but I know it has a lot better manners than it does when it left the shop. I have to work this Saturday, but can go up next Saturday if anyone is interested.
Heck, you'll laugh when you hear mine... It almost sounds stock, with very little hint of a lope... Very Little...

Lope is due to the LSA, (lobe seperation angle) and mine is really wide... 121 degrees, so the boost stays in the cylinders... and with the turbo's chopping up the exhaust sound pulses, and the mufflers doing their thing... it most assuredly doesn't sound like a beast...

I'm interested but have a couple problems, we are waiting on a motor, and I'm offshore for 2 1/2 more weeks...