Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
JDP Motorsports wins Lap Battle Time Attack 09/15/2012 Limited RWD Class

We finally got the Camaro back together with the new axles from the Driveshaft Shop and a few other goodies including the Pfadt ZL Spec Sways.

Our Camaro is currently running the Pfadt Gen II Coilovers, ZL Spec Sways, Pfadt Sub-Frame Mounts, Pfadt Front Radius Bearings, Pfadt Rear Upper C-Arm Bushings, Spohn Trailing Arms/Toe-Links and our CTS-V Stage 2 brake package with Hawk pads suspension/chassis wise. It has an Airaid intake, Elite Engineering PCV catch-can, VMAX TB, FAST 102mm Manifold, JDP Stage 3 Cam Package, KOOKS 1 7/8" LTs w/cats, Magnaflow 3" cat-back and a CSF radiator; it made 490 RWHP and 446 RWTQ. We have 20x10 F 20x11 R Forgeline wheels with 285 F 315 R Toyo R888's as well.

The car was VERY balanced and comfortable to drive. It had some understeer before as well as some roll and that is gone now! The car stayed flat and predictable in every situation I put it through. I've been fighting axle issues for the last year now and we finally got that sorted out thanks to the Driveshaft Shop; I was able to push the car to 10/10th it was so awesome!!

I did go into Release a little hot trying to pass a Subi I was battling and had some fun drifting the Camaro however!

We ended up taking home 1st Place in our class Limited RWD at the Lap Battle Time Attack event at Miller Motorsports Park and it is a tribute to all of the work we've put into our Camaro. We got a pretty awesome trophy!

I have a bunch of great video we're editing and I'll get it posted ASAP. There are also a lot more picture on our FB page HERE.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

Last edited by JDP Motorsports; 09-28-2012 at 12:12 PM.
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
JOHNSONROD

Drives: 62 Chevy & 2021 1SS/1LE manual
Jordan,
cant wait to see the footage. i also wanted to say a sincere thanks for getting my brake package out to me on such short notice. i was killin em on the brakes.

video.
JOHNSONROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Great job Jordan! We're working as fast as we can to get coilover packages back in the hands of Camaro owners everywhere. It's great to get this kind of feedback from owners who are out there, really pushing their Camaro's to the limit!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
JOHNSONROD

im running PFADT springs and rear sway. i want the front bushings for the stock bar and end links for front and rear soon.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Whats with the wind noise on a cam from the interior of a car? roll up your windows or close your sunroof yo! LOL
Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #6
JOHNSONROD

yeah, turn on the air and crank some tunes. i do need a better camera, but the windows down is mandatory at every track day ive been to.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNSONROD View Post
Jordan,
cant wait to see the footage. i also wanted to say a sincere thanks for getting my brake package out to me on such short notice. i was killin em on the brakes.

video.
We're working on it and should have it posted in the next day or so. No problem; I'm glad it all worked out and you were able to get everything done in time for the event!! That brake package is so awesome and for the money it can't be beat! That was some great driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Great job Jordan! We're working as fast as we can to get coilover packages back in the hands of Camaro owners everywhere. It's great to get this kind of feedback from owners who are out there, really pushing their Camaro's to the limit!
Thank you! We're looking forward to getting them soon! They work AWESOME and with the ZL Spec Sways it was a different car!

Quote:
im running PFADT springs and rear sway. i want the front bushings for the stock bar and end links for front and rear soon.
Nice! Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
Whats with the wind noise on a cam from the interior of a car? roll up your windows or close your sunroof yo! LOL
You have to keep the windows down on track and the sunroof must be closed. That is the law!

Quote:
yeah, turn on the air and crank some tunes. i do need a better camera, but the windows down is mandatory at every track day ive been to.
The GoPro is the way to go!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 09-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
Phat Ralph

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd Synergy
Very Cool!
2011 Camaro RS/SS Synergy - (Pedders Xa's Coilovers, ZL1 Sways, SS Brake Lines & Bushings), Hotchkis Chassis Brace & Strut Bar, DSS 1000hp Road Race Axles, Nitto NT-01's, TSW Wheels, ADM CAI, Borla ATAK, HAWK, Granatelli Rotors, Barton Shifter, Tick Performance Clutch Line, MRS Exhaust Tips, Elite Catch Can.
Phat Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Car looks geat out there, what kind of camber are you running front and rear out there?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #10
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Ralph View Post
Very Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Car looks geat out there, what kind of camber are you running front and rear out there?
Thank you! I'm running the following at the track:

Front
-3.0* Camber
7* Caster
0 Toe In

Rear
-1.6* Camber
-1/8 Toe In

The car was working excellent ans tire temps were great!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #11
JDP Motorsports

I just added the video to the original post!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #12
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Very cool video Jordan!!!

I am getting the car ready this week for Road America, WOooo HOooooo! I hope the weather is as nice as your video (crosses fingers). Thanks for all your help this year in preparation.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
JDP Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Very cool video Jordan!!!

I am getting the car ready this week for Road America, WOooo HOooooo! I hope the weather is as nice as your video (crosses fingers). Thanks for all your help this year in preparation.

T.
Thanks, TBone!

That should be a great time!!! I hope the weather is excellent! No problem! I appreciate your business and support! Be safe and I'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley