Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-08-2010, 10:33 PM   #3557
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Almost forgot to mention the new tow rig performed like champ! I will tell you towing a 48' trailer up those big hills at 75 mph and getting 12 mpg is awesome! Now if I can just get caught up at work I can make the rounds to enjoy all this good stuff.
So anything planned out west here in the next month? Fill me in!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #3558
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It gets worse, you still want MORE!
I do want a LOT more... So does Paul - but he is in denial. LOL

I'm adding some more things to the race trailer to make it more user friendly at the track - ez-up awning, cooler, fold up lawn chairs, radio, ramps for the car, small air compressor, etc.

I have a car show this Saturday at the beach. Sunday is an autocross at the Portland Maine mall (small local club) that I am going to attend.

I am having a great summer so far! only 800 miles on the car so far since it came out in the spring.. almost 8K on the trailer and hauler getting it places. It is a REALLY hard 800 miles... lots of fun putting it through it's paces though.

Permagrin every time I'm behind the wheel.
Hell.. Permagrin when working on it as well.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #3559
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Almost forgot to mention the new tow rig performed like champ! I will tell you towing a 48' trailer up those big hills at 75 mph and getting 12 mpg is awesome! Now if I can just get caught up at work I can make the rounds to enjoy all this good stuff.
So anything planned out west here in the next month? Fill me in!
I'm posting this updated schedule for Sandia Motorsports Cars, Coffee, Chili, and Speed events. These events take place on Saturday mornings from 8am to noon. The cost is $20 which includes track time breakfast burrito/beverage, as well as private instruction from Jim Guthrie and his staff!
MWS or any of you other southwest area guys, or anyone willing to make the treck out here, should get in touch with RS or myself and we'll help figure out the lodging. We are going to try to make as many of these awesome events as possible!

MWS, this would be an awesome way to test out those new suspension goodies!

Name:  SMS Track schedule 001.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  161.0 KB

Name:  SMS Track schedule.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  173.6 KB
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #3560
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
I'm posting this updated schedule for Sandia Motorsports Cars, Coffee, Chili, and Speed events. These events take place on Saturday mornings from 8am to noon. The cost is $20 which includes track time breakfast burrito/beverage, as well as private instruction from Jim Guthrie and his staff!
MWS or any of you other southwest area guys, or anyone willing to make the treck out here, should get in touch with RS or myself and we'll help figure out the lodging. We are going to try to make as many of these awesome events as possible!

MWS, this would be an awesome way to test out those new suspension goodies!

Attachment 134456

Attachment 134457
I agree! The 10th of July looks good right now, whacha think? Blue?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #3561
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
We are definitely a go for July 10th! That's even my birthday weekend. I'll pm you our phone #s and if you get serious about it give us a ring.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #3562
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Cool pics Speed, Glad to see your action shots enjoying your ride!
Thanks 2010 - I am definately putting it through the paces. I even had a few Nissan guys that I gave a ride around the track a couple sessions. They had a lot of fun also

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Speed, nice pics, Sounds like your having a blast with your car. So do you favor the track over the drag strip or like them equally? I know I am loving both just wish I had more time at either venue.
To be honest, I think I will have a hard time ever getting back to the drag strip. The road track makes the straight line seem almost boring now. I have my drag radials mounted up to the stock rims, so I still need to burn them up. I may get to the drag strip once this year, maybe this fall.

Quote:
Here is the info on my suspenions mods from this last weekend.
Speed thank for turning me on to Pedders, I am loving my car even more!
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=1#post1961985
I have been following that thread as well. Everything looks great!!! The CCW wheels look really good too. Wait until you get that baby out to the track, you will have alot more fun with those suspension goodies.

Quote:
We are definitely a go for July 10th! That's even my birthday weekend. I'll pm you our phone #s and if you get serious about it give us a ring.
Sounds like you will have a great weekend planned out. Getting a few LPE Camaros together on the track

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #3563
mws444

I just checked on the Racing Brake two piece rotors for the rear and got this reply:
Here is the aluminum hat forging blank which we have just finished. We expect to
have the cast iron sleeve ready for assembly in about two weeks.
Will keep you posted of the progress.

We appreciate your support and assure you that the wait will be worthwhile.

This composite light weighthat development will set a new standard in
performance industry.

I know a few others here are already running the fronts and are waiting on the rears. The rear parking brake drum has been the hold up, I guess the engineering is a lot more indepth than I thought it would be. Looks like they are on the down hill slide now and will come out with a superior product.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #3564
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
I just checked on the Racing Brake two piece rotors for the rear and got this reply:
Here is the aluminum hat forging blank which we have just finished. We expect to
have the cast iron sleeve ready for assembly in about two weeks.
Will keep you posted of the progress.

We appreciate your support and assure you that the wait will be worthwhile.

This composite light weighthat development will set a new standard in
performance industry.

I know a few others here are already running the fronts and are waiting on the rears. The rear parking brake drum has been the hold up, I guess the engineering is a lot more indepth than I thought it would be. Looks like they are on the down hill slide now and will come out with a superior product.
The Front rotors are awesome! I have been using them HARD for what little driving i do. Can't wait till I have a matched set..
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:20 PM   #3565
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Here are a few more pics from the track with a couple friends

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  100.0 KB

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #2.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  84.0 KB

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #3.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  111.0 KB

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #4.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  106.4 KB

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #5.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  Track Day 6-5 #6.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  142.2 KB

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #3566
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Sounds great, but I'll have my car in Purifoy Chevrolet's 50th Anniversary Car Show in Ft. Lupton, CO (where I purchased the car). It should be a great show with lots of high end Vettes and hopefully a good Camaro showing! You'll have a blast at Sandia Motorsports Speedway taking tips from Jim Guthrie.

RS - I PM'd you about Pfadt coilover install... curious on your initial coil hieght measurements. It appears with camber kit I should need front springs 3/4" higher.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 PM   #3567
mws444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Sounds great, but I'll have my car in Purifoy Chevrolet's 50th Anniversary Car Show in Ft. Lupton, CO (where I purchased the car). It should be a great show with lots of high end Vettes and hopefully a good Camaro showing! You'll have a blast at Sandia Motorsports Speedway taking tips from Jim Guthrie.

RS - I PM'd you about Pfadt coilover install... curious on your initial coil hieght measurements. It appears with camber kit I should need front springs 3/4" higher.
Hey blue, I just installed the camber plate kit from Pfadt on a set of Pedders supercar remote coilovers and went 1.25" on the drop. I dont think the drop has anything to do with the camber plates. With the coilovers that's the beauty, you can set them anywhere you want. The Pfadt piece just replaces the stock top mount, and gives you the adjustablitly, and a bearing vs. a ruber bushing mount, other than that it is all the same.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:34 PM   #3568
mws444

Hey Speed, I love the pics of all of those other cars chasing you! Keep it up!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #3569
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Hey blue, I just installed the camber plate kit from Pfadt on a set of Pedders supercar remote coilovers and went 1.25" on the drop. I dont think the drop has anything to do with the camber plates. With the coilovers that's the beauty, you can set them anywhere you want. The Pfadt piece just replaces the stock top mount, and gives you the adjustablitly, and a bearing vs. a ruber bushing mount, other than that it is all the same.
In the middle of the job, but when you compare the camber plate bolted to the strut, versus the stock rubber bushing - you end up with 3/4" more area for the spring. RS had to adjust his fronts way up by multiple adjustments. Hopefully I can get the hieght correct by 2nd adjustment! Also have had to tighten end links for the sway bars several times (4X). Starting to wonder if I need locktite on the nylon locking nut! (maybe next time if loose) Haven't measured it by torque specs, but you have to get them as tight as possible with a regular size wrench or they'll eventually make a hard popping sound and eventually elongate the holes or damage threads (happens to the 4X4 guys). My stock endlinks did the same thing once Pfadt sway bars were installed - I figure sways are just so nice and stiff, all the force shows up at the connections. Definitely better now though!

Taking front inner arms to have bushings pressed out in the morning - changing over to Pfadts with the spherical setup. Hopefully tackle rear bushings after that.

SPEED - Looks like your having a blast staying in front!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 AM   #3570
mws444

I know on my fronts with the Pedders they could not use the rubber bushing on top of the spring, but with the pre load I dont think it will be an issue. The Pfadt camber plates are a cool accessory, adjustability and look 100 times better than stock, also allow for staight movement along the arc of travel via bearing.