Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-02-2014, 04:40 PM   #1
Roger Stattel

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1ss
Rear pedders xa monotube replacement

With pedders being out of business Is their any monotube that would fit the existing hardware? Has anyone replaced the monotube with success using a different brand?
Roger Stattel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #2
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I have heard something about BC possibly doing something, but haven't heard much else; may be worth looking into though. If you can't find anything, you can pick up a set of RideTech coilovers. The fronts and rears are available separately and they come with a 1,000,001 mile warranty from a company who has been around a LONG time.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:01 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
not sure how it is on the Camaro platform, but coming from the charger platform, the BC racing coilovers I had on my car were made by the same distributor that pedders and petty racing, used for their coilovers....

whiteline was basically pedders

and bc racing was basically pedders... both just different colors. if lucky, that trickles down to all the other platforms...

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #4
Roger Stattel

I was thinking the same thing. I have heard bc would work, but called them yesterday and said that they were a larger diameter and therefore wouldn't work. I want the bc to work but was told they wouldn't. Maybe a second call is necessary as I have "heard" that they would work.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
Synner

Drives: cars
In my couple of interactions with BC I have found their sales staff and tech support to be completely ignorant of their product line. They make a good product but they're clueless.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
Roger Stattel

Ya I definitely noticed that after being on the phone for 30 minutes and getting nowhere with 2 dropped calls. Is there anyone out there that has successfully used bc monotubes as a replacement within the pedders coilover unit? I just need one person who can confirm this....
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #7
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
BC rears should work with the exception the dampening control is top mounted. Need to drill/cut trunk to access.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #8
Roger Stattel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
BC rears should work with the exception the dampening control is top mounted. Need to drill/cut trunk to access.
Not to question you, what makes you think this. I'm just making sure I'm not buying these tubes unnecessarily. I very hopeful of them working but am just a little skeptical.
Old 06-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #9
durbojones

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro, M6, AGM
Maryland Speed sells BC Coilovers. Hit them up and they could probably help you out a bit. They are a sponsor on here and have been great to work with in the past for me.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:41 AM   #10
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Stattel View Post
Not to question you, what makes you think this. I'm just making sure I'm not buying these tubes unnecessarily. I very hopeful of them working but am just a little skeptical.
There's an old BC thread from 2009 when I bought my Pedders kit from a Dec 2009 pre-buy. At the time, BC racing was introducing their options, too. Sources indicated Pedders was an OE BC Racing(white label) with a major difference being the rear dampener adjustment design. Spring rates were the same. Later, it was unofficially confirmed by a former Pedders employee but I still preferred Pedders for the customer support and the dampener design. BC channels had untested customer service at the time. I had a rough start with Pedders from Dec 2009 to about June 2010. You can do a search by my name. In the end, Pete had made up for the growing pains and had made me a believer just in his commitment to the product. He had helped me up to ~Oct 2013 with a front XA replacement tube after I cross-threaded a collar from dirty threads and eccentric bolt replacements. I check and re-align after every season.

I only have positive lasting impressions of Pedders USA, Bruce's, JDP, and APEX.

The old threads MAY NOT be displayed if you do an advanced search by keyword. Look for the archived threads by searching by poster. I can't remember who started the original BC coilover thread in 2009. You will need to talk to a vendor that is familiar with both. The 2009 BC pics in the suspension section showed a VERY similar looking product to BC. Here's a more recent thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ghlight=racing

Thought I mention this to point people in the right direction since Pedders USA is not an option anymore. Would I use the BC route with my 4 year old XAs if I needed replacements? Probably not since I auto-x. I would look at upgrading to Ridetechs or look at the Bilsteins. DSE is too $$$. KWs spring perch probably won't clear since I run 2.5* front camber on my 20x10s.

Do some research since I don't know if there's been changes in the last 4 1/2 years. I wouldn't want to drill a hole in my trunk to get to the BC rear adjuster.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #11
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
I needed some information from Pedders after Pedders USA closed. I sent some questions on the Pedders AU site and received a prompt response...

You may try working with Pedders AU??

http://www.pedders.com.au/webform/co...rs-head-office

-Matt
Old 06-04-2014, 03:31 PM   #12
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I needed some information from Pedders after Pedders USA closed. I sent some questions on the Pedders AU site and received a prompt response...

You may try working with Pedders AU??

http://www.pedders.com.au/webform/co...rs-head-office

-Matt
Ron Pedder has assured me twice that Pedders USA will be back in business after this legal BS is done. We'll see if he is a man of his word. That's pretty important in my book.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:38 AM   #13
Roger Stattel

Well I contacted several different shops in AU and received much help. Great customer service by Pedders AU!
Old 06-08-2014, 12:48 PM   #14
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Could you share the contact information on who/where to get the quickest/best response from?

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote