Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-10-2017, 12:37 PM   #15
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
I think a pro body shop is the way to go. The mechs at a body shop at the dealership don't have to worry about their shop's reputation or job security. All they care about is getting done so they can go home. At a privately-owned shop they know that doing sloppy work will eventually cost them business. Also, being that it's privately-owned, they probably take more pride in their work.
Any chance you were able to take those 1/4 panel pics?
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #16
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Any chance you were able to take those 1/4 panel pics?
Oh yeah, I'd taken the pics and forgot to post them (sorry!). The section between the side reflector and the wheel is indented a little. It's not noticeable unless you look for it, but since I know it's there, it kind of sticks out to me. From the side it's not really noticeable...

From the top you can see where the seam bends in, like they tightened that part too much.

And when you look at a reflection in it it's a more prominent, especially right after it's been washed when it's all shiny.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #17
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scandata View Post
Oh yeah, I'd taken the pics and forgot to post them (sorry!). The section between the side reflector and the wheel is indented a little. It's not noticeable unless you look for it, but since I know it's there, it kind of sticks out to me. From the side it's not really noticeable...

From the top you can see where the seam bends in, like they tightened that part too much.

And when you look at a reflection in it it's a more prominent, especially right after it's been washed when it's all shiny.

Looks good! They did a good job. Too bad it had to get hit in the first place, but at least it's fixed now. Thanks. ☺
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #18
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Looks good! They did a good job. Too bad it had to get hit in the first place, but at least it's fixed now. Thanks. ☺
Yeah, could have been much worse. If the impact had been one foot over they would have hit the wheel, bent the axle, and who knows what else This was all just cosmetic damage.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote